Over powered Ronin

Honestly… people using ronin like this with 4 weaker heroes. That health boost makes him way too strong. It’s cheap and useless to fight . His extra bonus attack needs to be lowered.

10 star character while at level 40ish annoys me more than ronin min maxer. This can easily be fixed if hhg enable xp earned and auto level to avoid this. If andyeh1 does not want to promote certain guys pass silver, fine. He’s clearly sandbagging by keeeping the other in the 40s level.

In my opinion, the Big annoying Problem is ronin…far to Strong, short coolddowns and damagebuff…
Even without the hp Bonus for other heroes he would be competitive damager…

There are counters to Ronin Min-Maxer. A couple well placed head shot from a strong mech can take him out early. Keep experimenting and you will find that counter, unlike Panzer early on.

2 Likes

I’ve played against Ronin with many, many different hero combinations, including Panzer, Dogface and Kunoichi, and I don’t have a counter to him when the opponent abuses him. It’s seriously affected my playing enjoyment.

2 Likes

I’ve been able to beat a few Ronin Min-maxers using platinum Hardscope and gold Jarek (both piloted). With the gold and plat skills, Hardscope can take him out in 2 reloads (1 if he’s high enough level). Jarek has his grapple skill that can easily shut down an energy really fast if he succeeds.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s accidental or somthing has changed in algorithms of HH. but it seems somtimes sandbagging RONIN can be defeated.

Sounds promising…

Yes, with Five Heroes Platin Level 85…

1 Like

The same argument can be made that you’re min-maxing with flatline/mandrake :smile:

2 Likes

Worst abuse of Ronin is pairing him with underleveled or weaker tanks (promotion, satrs, ect)
In some cases it’s not even a complete sandbagging but it’s frustrating to face them. And I face them often lately. What I mean is something like this:

9/10* plat 4 Ronin, 7* (or lower) tanks
Imagine you are using a complete balanced team facing Ronin 9/10* plat 4, plus tanks all 7* platinum: Mandrake, Butter, Phalanx and a reviver like Flatline.

Ronin’s Honorbound skill needs a little work. As you can see some suggestions here:

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy using Ronin, I counter Ronin teams and Ronin’s abusers often, but sometimes it’s unfair whether I’m facing a bad match-up or I am a bad match-up for someone else. Ronin’s Honorbound skill need some work.

All you guys is worry about is one level below butter? Its plat if you can see. And the others are balance well. Its not min maxing.

All thumbs up. I still stand my ground, no doubt. Actually I was seeking others experience in recent PVP event About any difference in algorithms of HH.

You’re using 10* plat 3 with 5* hero’s…

1 Like

I just hate ronin Plat people put 4 bronze hero and a Plat ronin and it’s gg for you too broken

1 Like

As for definition of min maxing slang/term I can’t agree with You. I call 10* plat with 4 under 5 star beneath gold as min maxer. Interpret it as you wish buddy, no arguments.
but the point is that seemingly the invensible 9+ Ronin is touchable now. I recall it when there was no way to defeat him.
I can tag some people above admitted the same.

Yes it’s an issue when you use a 10* with a 5*…

Hot head should punnish you harder and make you fight players like me or even stronger ones, instead of giving you freebies against noobs

4 Likes

As I said no argument.

Do you play with a Ronin that gives honorbound to everyone on his team, including tanks? Because that’s what I think everyone is complaining about, and specifically we’re complaining about the plat Ronin all gold setup. I’ve played against it using mech DPS teams and lost, and my win % is usually pretty good.

1 Like

@Szan I would beat that team (your opponent) with Ronin team that you are using 9/10 times.

I do understand that you put him as stronger hero to use his Honorbound and that’s why I’m saying I would beat your opponent using your team.

Ronin is not OP if you put him in a team with stronger (more health) hero’s.
We are not talking about this, Sandbagging is the problem.

This is what happens when you use Ronin with stronger hero’s:

These matches are before they slightly nerf Ronin’s damage. In other hand: panzer was completely nerfed at the time.

And yes, Ronin is still a viable hero even if you put him in a team with stronger hero’s, but OP? not at all