Reasons why everyone is hating bounties

But even if they are a perfect 33/33/33% split, that doesn’t make much sense for a bounty with the current spread of heroes. We have ONE bio hero who is a healer, so why would we get 33% mech heroes? Meanwhile we have 9 energy heroes featured so the bio bounties should have at least been doubled.

Also, why do players spawn such low bounties when they are level 90+? Spawning 40-60 level bounties when you can kill them within the first wave is such a huge waste of damage. No one likes spawning 40-60 level heroes when they are that high. I could understand spawning one or two on rare occasion, but not as many as people currently do.

Lastly I think you guys need to check your stats. I know you say it’s anecdotal, but I tracked my spawns and I was getting around 5 mech heroes for every 1 bio. Most of my Alliance, and this thread, also had the same experience. With that many people reporting it, I would think it’s something worth looking into? An Alliance with a roster full of mech heroes alive and nothing else should tell you the numbers need to be tweaked.

3 Likes

I respect the information that you shared with us , however I was one of the Chief Bounty Summoner for our Alliance. It was like we wanted more Energy and Bio-Chem Bounties so that we get the Elemental Advantage to defeat them quickly . I can say this with a lot of confidence/ I swear that we were continuously getting Mech Bounties, because I kept trying to summon them so that we get a Energy or Bio-Chem but in that process we got around 4-5 Mechanical Bounties. Then we were like what is happening this time. If possible please check the Logs , so that it doesn’t happen in the next Bounty Event.

Even if that did happen, you know that there are more Bio-Chem Heroes in the game, right? Not just Duran? You can take non-boosted Heroes into Bounty matches. It’s expected that you’ll use your Hero roster, not just the few bonused Heroes.

3 Likes

We did kill all the Mechanical Bounties in some or the other way as summoning them requires cash . Almost everybody says me to follow the Elemental Triangle and use the Boosted Faction for Bounties ( I even have a post about it ). It was more difficult to defeat them as Mechanical Bounties were spawned regularly. I am not accusing or trying to blame you guys. I am just trying to discuss the problem we as a group of 25 players in Alliance faced. You guys are doing a great work please don’t misunderstand my tone .

Excellent observations. I am less and less committed to the bounty event each time.

I think the main thing that would improve it would be to make the bounty class (mech, biochem, energy) more balanced to the event faction. It just makes it less enjoyable that it is intentionally structured to spawn mostly the class that the event faction is least equiped for.

Aside from that the repetition gets boring (keeping in mind that most of what I do in this game is repetition).

Or make more levels to chase bounties. Or hide some Easter eggs around the map.

IDK but I feel like a small adjustment to the summon algorithm would go a long way.

2 Likes

You do know that event faction heros are the only ones worth using in bounties?

It’s like me telling you that you could use a screwdriver as a hammer if you bang the handle on a nail. It’s true but still not the right tools for the job.

1 Like

Not true. There are plenty of non event hero’s that do millions of damage just have to have them leveled and maxed

2 Likes

Muninn is a douche.

Reading his comments is like talking to someone from the DMV who keeps telling you that you are in the wrong line to get help when there is only one line.

Where is Skaithi at? She seems to be the brains over there. Can cancel culture get rid of muninn?

3 Likes

fallacy01

11 Likes

This patently isn’t true, Irezumi and Alcatraz are just two examples of heroes who can do obscene amounts of damage while not being bonused.

The summoning split, if I remember correctly, is 25% for each element, and another 25% for the opposite element of the main bonused hero. The reason why there was so many Mechs is everyone’s chews through the bios and energy bounties like the rabid hordes. But you don’t HAVE to use just bio heroes to be effective on Mechs.

To me it sounds like you want some kind of easy mode that requires little thinking, little skill, and massive rewards. Perhaps you should “git gud”.

The Most Wanted Crate tokens are absolutely brilliant, and are one the best things the devs added to the game as of late. The RNGesus can be evil on them, however. And for the amount of work it takes to grind out a top 5 spot, in hopes of getting two more tokens from bounty, can result in just 120 hero frags. Which I’m not going to lie, stings, especially having been rewarded them pretty frequently as of late.

4 Likes

10 Likes

I’m curious where you heard this from. The element summoned the most in bounty is the one that most of the featured faction is weak to, that much seems to be true.

1 Like

@Muninn roflmmfao those football memes are some of the funniest responses I’ve seen in a long while. Can I place this whole conversation in a funniest moments threat?

And you know that most people don’t use their full roster, or even half of it during bounty, right? Very few people have the time or energy to use up all 90+ heroes for three days straight. I can play a few hours straight and still only use up my top 50 heroes 3x. Most players use all their faction bonus heroes, then their top couple of groups for each element.

This thread is full of people complaining there were too many mech bounties and it wasn’t very enjoyable. Most developers would take that feedback and try to look into to make the next event more enjoyable.

4 Likes

If you have a sore leg, and tell the doctor you want it amputated, I would hope the doctor would ask questions and find the root cause of the issue before acting. Saves a lot of mess. Your attitude is a little entitled! I would check it.

That’s why I ask for feeling-based feedback, not prescriptive. I know you’ve been trying hard to not give me what I’ve asked everyone in this topic, because every time you reply, it’s purposefully contrary, but in your last message, you touched on the actual problem accidentally.

Thanks for that! I have something better to bring to the rest of the team now.

As I’ve said before: feel free to share your experiences. And share your solutions if you want, because it’s fun to pretend to be at the helm of a major game studio sometimes, but know that we respond better to feelings-based feedback that allows us to use our skills and experience to get to the heart of the actual problem. Precriptive solutions tend to only focus on symptoms, and aren’t helpful.

There’s a feedback section in the forum rules detailing how to best do this, and a section on general attitude. Please read it before you post again, as you could use a refresher before you rejoin the community.

1 Like

Muninn didnt see you make a post on any of my bounties idea / suggestions but I tag my link to this here since you’re are active on this subject on this post.

Hopefully others would read it and agree that we do need new milestones as well

Hey spider. If you read through this topic, I mentioned more than once that prescriptive solutions don’t help. We can’t accept them.

2 Likes

I use all the hero’s on my maxed account then change to my alt‘s use all the hero’s then switch all bounty long while I watch tv.

Usually ten billion on main and 1.5 to 2 on alts each bounty. So it is more then doable but it helps if you know hero combos and have some revives if you want max damage. Purifier damn near did 30 million damage to any element last bounty.

I feel like if you could be guaranteed to summon one of each element for 3x cost, summoning would feel much better. It also makes me happy when bounties are closer to my player level, and sad when they are not. I am also sad when I reach 300k, and there are no additional rewards to work toward. The improvements to bounty made me happy, but these other issues are quite frustrating and cloud the experience.

4 Likes

Edited some words so it means not to prescriptive…

:smile: