PvP is broken

Perfect example of an opponent who should get matched against someone higher, not lower. This person has min-maxed his heroes perfectly and surprisingly he’s right on top of the leaderboard. Rewarding a player that exploits how you intend the game to be played (i.e. leveling up skills as you progress) really makes playing frustrating.

Some of these examples are really eye-popping. Some of my matchups have been brutal too, but I play at around 40k so not as high as most of you above. My worst matchup so far has been 38k vs 48k IIRC. I’ve also seen that 10 star bronze Panzer around at 25k, wrecked me totally.

I mean, it’s one thing that your 38k gets matched with a 40k, 41k (kinda tough luck there, move along) but… 10k+ power difference!!! Min-maxxers are back in full force and nothing is being done about it?? Players with clearly balanced teams being punished by UNbalanced teams? Where is the fairness in that.

I have to say that the recent matchmaking tweak is an abject failure. Not a good direction for the game to go.

HHG, we really need this issue fixed and we look forward to getting a better version of the matchmaker.

Yeah you would get punished in June if you underleveled skills. Now it’s gone again and you can see the posts I made with my bronze team. I really hope HHG fixes this quickly.

Meanwhile:

Seriously making use of the advantage lol.

PvP is just no fun anymore. You start a match and just hope that you don´t get matched to a much higher opponent (can handle this most time) or Panzer (can never handle that).
If matchmaking works normal and before Panzer I won ~50 matches before, now I´m down to ~20. That is just insane and really kills the fun.

The cover system seems to be more and more broken, too. Heroes try to move behind cover, which are already taken, and cant be used anymore untill the other one leaves the cover, or they stand beside their cover and are an open target, so you have to move back.

@WalleWu, they actually try to roll to cover that is broken, maybe I should record it, but I was fighting my own dogface to stay behind a good cover, only to roll back to the 1 open spot over and over

2 fights in a row…

Should probably make another thread regarding cover. sometimes all your character do is roll around finding cover when ALL COVERS ARE DESTROYED ALREADY.

This is the only thing consistent now. 90% of the time I get matched to these kinds of players with more character levels and about the same * stars as me.

@Vo2, you were using a disproportionate off balance team, so yeah you should have been punished.

As all these screenshots show, not just me but everyones, PvP is way off.

Again you say I want to farm for my selfish reasons, but when you use a good balance team you fight players with a 8k power difference between their hero’s.

Keyboard warrior, really? What’s your problem…

I already told you once. Just ignore that guy. If you keep playing along we are going to get this post closed.

And it would be a shame that a dev only posted here to close this instead of saying something about the actual problem that all of us are facing.

Also, the AI rolling from cover to cover is a problem about AI in general, not just PvP. And I agree it’s a stupid thing. I’ve seen my 100% HP Callidus failing to kill a 5%HP Kunoichi because all Callidus’ AI did was roll over and over from one destroyed cover to another.

Is many of the screenshots you post I see nothing out of the ordinary. Am not saying you’re not feelings cheated on, I just can’t see what’s uneven in your matchmakings. In both tour screenshots here the u enemkes have a power advantage but not by much, 1000+ doesn’t make a huge difference when you’re up in the 55.000+ realms. And counting stars / Gold / Platinum heroes you seem pretty good matched. I would like to know what I am not seeing.

@ULFPAM, I normally used hero’s around the same power ±2k power, right now you see teams that have a power gap of 5-8k power, giving them a big advantage if it’s a hard damage hitter, making you lose 1 or 2 hero’s in the first 5 seconds of a match, so the rest of the match is just waiting to die cause it’s almost impossible to turn that around.

I’m not accusing the ones I fight cause I’ve started to do the same thing, my non healer just shoot and deal some damage teams are scoring more points than a well balanced heal and little damage team. Somehow I’m not getting punished when I use my bad balance team, 2k~ difference in overal power(difference between them and me), but with the balanced team I get up to 10k~ difference in overall power.

The matches are feeling even more off then when halo was used with lvl 1 Baron skills, I don’t mind losing a fight, but when you see you’re going to lose a match in the loading screen it’s getting annoying, and I don’t think it should be just hard hitters in a team that has no support hero’s and you actually win easily.

What is wrong with this picture ?

Simply broken …

This is what happens when the they try to ignore isystematic ssues. I know I have 3-4k higher power but the recently buffed droids at platinum 8* are impossible to kill for 5-8* gold it’s ridiculous. I have seen other players doing this.

We still have no inputs from HHG haha

The drone is basically immortal with its self heal at that power difference. IMO, self heal on the droid should be removed and be replaced by a beefier fixed HP. The drone surviving the entire battle is questionable.

1 Like

@Barnakol Hardscope is a great pve hero, it’s hard to use him in PvP, his drone takes a long time to charge, so much healers are quicker then him, so it’s not a reliable healing source.

Before his drone just died with one shot, and to be honest I don’t have a hard time facing Hardscope in PvP, also damage dealers probably spike him to death before he can use his drone, so I don’t mind it healing it self.

I have a 8* platinum Hardscope close to 9*, but I rarely use him or face him in PvP, so I don’t think the drone is the problem in my opinion.

I would give you a week full of pizza slices and 250 elemental fragments for your 8* Hardscope.

I’m currently at playing at 20 - 30k and the influence of the drone is big. Sure if you can kill him before he summons the drone no problem. But if you encounter someone just bit of power difference like not to mention broken like above, you can’t kill the drone with 1 clip, and by the time you finish reload the drone have healed itself and more… doesn’t matter if you switch between heroes. you just can’t kill it.

1 Like

I mostly let the drone just go, since it has no elemental type you can’t deal extra damage to it.

90% of the matches it’s an end game skill so Hardscope is probably the last man standing, I’d rather shoot him down then that I focus on the drone, but at my power I don’t have a problem to kill his drone either though.

Here’s a screenshot of my drone

If you can use a type advantage towards the enemy it is healing you only need 5k damage to counter the healing effect to 0 so that’s not a lot.

Since it takes so much time for him to actually cast a skill(both bronze and silver) I think he should be rewarded a little bit.

I don’t know what others think of him, but that’s just my feeling about him, I’d rather use an odachi or dogface to decide the matcher earlier on, and/or use a healer like gammond or Nightingale to stay alive

There are 2 ways that will happen to Hardscope
1, he gets taken out fast cuz his Hp is not that much and is targetted early to prevent healing later
2, he is the last to go, cuz he is not the biggest threat among the line up. Unless he is plat than he is a threat

Guys give some love to Hardscope. The onlsy thing I can tell you is that ignoring kills. Sure his heal is not the best, but a nice addition. And if it is a close match with two against two or one on one, his drone often makes the difference, because it won´t stop healing untill you kill it. And his roket launcher simply destroys if you let him cast it. I love it when Hardscope is ignored by a fully buffed Dogface and then is two shot by his rokets.