Allow us to change front/mid/rear-line positioning of heroes

I think this would add a huge amount of strategic depth to gameplay (PvP and otherwise).

Allow us to specify whether a heroes is placed in front, mid, or rear-line. Of course if there isn’t enough space on one line, then just push them forward/back the way it works now.

This would allow players to compose a larger variety of teams just by shifting the positioning of heroes and greatly expand the strategic possibilities. It’s fair because all the positions are equally available to everyone.

It also gives PvP more depth because then you can’t easily predict where a specific opposing hero will appear. Right now, as soon as I see the lineup on the match-up screen, I can more or less guess exactly where a key hero will appear. Of course that’s good for me, but it would be more fun if I was kept on my toes.

1 Like

I had this idea once - then I remembered Mandrake exists.

I don’t think that’s a reason not to do it. I don’t have a problem killing Min when she’s always invisible in the rear line, and plenty of times Mandrake is NOT cloaked and doesn’t do so automatically. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen anyone cloak as Mandrake and run around since 1) they have to control him and I can then just pick off his other heroes and 2) matches no longer end in a tie if time runs out and you have more kills.

Even if they wouldn’t give us this privilege, it’d be nice if they at least reconsidered the positions of certain heroes, as it puts them at a disadvantage (ex. Hivemind barely lasts 2 seconds, would be better in rear line)

This isn’t an urgent issue though, they got more problems at hand right now, but maybe one day in the future it’ll be looked at.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.