Thoughts on KURTZ

Nope, when Kurtz skills works fine, the match is hilarious, you know you gonna smoke the opponent easily, without any struggling.

But even before Kurtz release, I was good in PvP and always ranked in top 200 with +40M points (no revives), at least I knew I’m being competitive :man_shrugging:t2:
so Kurtz came exactly the time that PvP matches get screwed and the connection issues get worse and worse. I lost all my interest in playing PvP.

I have to mention, Kurtz is only reliable because of his skills, his shots misses a lot and his health can get smoked easily against Bio DPS hero’s.
His skills definitely need some work, but if they gonna nerf Kurtz, they have to work on Ronin’s plat too, he is the main source of abuse in this game, specially pairing him with underleveled tanks.

2 Likes

Can’t compare Ronin, Panzer, Mauler, really anyone to Kurtz. For one in the 90k - 100k range which the majority of Kurtz players are…there is no sandbagging so the Ronin issue is irrelevant. 2ndly and most importantly… Everyone had access to get and level Ronin and Panzer etc. Its your choice to use them or not. That leaves balance. But releasing 7 star like this… Ruins the whole game.

1 Like

It is relevant at my range, just because people can’t do sandbagging at your range doesn’t mean Ronin plat is not OP and a paradise for sandbaggers at my range and lower ranges.

I feel this is the reason Kurtz will not get a nerf. that’s it, if everyone had him, like Panzer, Ronin, ect…, Yep, you could see some adjustments. But him being 7* which is hard to get? I don’t think so

I don’t agree with characters like Kurtz (Thanos), but you can’t expect Thanos be a 3-5* hero, you can’t expect Thanos to be weak, and as I mentioned before, he is only reliable because his OP skills, otherwise he is useless.

Then you don’t release a Thanos type character. Regardless of how op Ronin is, everyone can use him… So it’s at least fair. You can use Ronin maxed… Its your choice. The ones crying about Ronin are the ones who try to force heroes to work because those are the heroes they built up first. The game is learning the meta and using it. Sure it would great if all heroes were equally op. But Kurtz doesn’t even apply to that logic because he is a 7 star. I never would of spent a dime on this game if I knew they were gonna do this.

2 Likes

So everyone have access to Ronin, everyone can do min/maxing and sandbagging with him, can we please make a thread and show people how to do sandbagging?
What about people who play the game as it meant to be played? What about me? I’m not even evolving my 8* Ronin to 9* when I can evolve him to 10*, I want to use him with my 7* hero’s so it is at least balanced when Ronin is 8*. So what happens when I do that? I face a Ronin sandbagger who getting 4-6K reward for doing it. This is ridiculous.

You are so off.
Well I can say you are crying about Kurtz being OP just because you don’t have him, if you spent lots of money/gold and unlocked him (which u did spent but u didn’t success). But if you unlocked him with that much spending, I doubt you would be here and criticizing Kurtz, you would be here to criticize my thread and reject all the things you are saying about him now.

I’m not criticizing Kurtz because I hope they nerf him, I know they won’t, I’m taking about him because I don’t want to see another hero like him in this game.

If they nerf Kurtz skills, it’s better to remove him from the game because he is useless without them. It’s almost like Thanos without Infinity Gauntlet.

I noticed that Kurtz “Dominate” skill cannot be neutralized by Heimlock’s silver skill. Is this correct? I would assume that Heim’s will do just that since it is a negative effect and should cleanse it. I run into a few Kurtz lineups and though they are super OP, they are beatable.I hope that Heim’s silver will indeed cleanse this or just a bug

1 Like

Ok first off… Let me apologize, that wasn’t meant as an attack. I should of chose my words better. Like I said you can’t sandbag at my level, so that doesn’t apply to me. That’s not a Ronin problem but a matchmaking problem. And I realize just because it doesn’t apply to me, it may to you. But you can power up, I can’t power down.

I would love it if this game had all characters equally useful. But it doesn’t and never has. There has always been a meta. It changes but there is always 5-10 heroes that are far more useful then the rest. When Panzer first came out I was furious because like you, I wanted to use all heroes not just Panzer teams. But what I’ve come to think is this game isn’t about finding ways to use all heroes. It’s discovering the current meta, and building your team accordingly. I honestly don’t care if they nerf Ronin, because I believe Flat is actually the problem not Ronin and my lineup is built to be ready to change w each meta. Example before Kurtz I never used Odachi… I had him 10 star 5 bar in a week when Kurtz came out because he is the only bio that can jump Flats gold.

My point is the game is finding the meta fast and adapting. Kurtz however doesn’t apply to this. You may not like having to max your Ronin, but he is the meta. Nerfing him won’t change the fact that whatever the new meta is, it will have maxed heroes just like Ronin teams. Like I said that’s a matchmaking problem not a hero problem.

As for nerfing Kurtz, I’m not saying make him useless. I’m saying give everyone access to buy him so it doesn’t matter how op he is, or nerf his execute skill. There is no reason any hero should kill your whole team if you kill one of his. And as for if I had Kurtz I wouldn’t be here, your very wrong. I spoke out about this being a problem before they even released him. I told Muninn releasing a 7 star hero this op will break the game.

I’m actually very close to getting him, a couple more AW or one or two crates and I’ll have him…and then PVP will be flat out boring. Of course I’ll use him, he too op not be used. I don’t hate the players that use him, I hate the game for releasing a 7 star that is this op.

1 Like

How do I obtain KURTZ fragments? Currently, there is NO available options.

Only high tier Alliance wars and probably crates in the future

1 Like

Dirtiest tactic seen today by getting cheap wins with Kurtz. Ran into 2 players so far using one real low level hero ( gold) in there hero line up followed up by flat , halo and ifrit. This tactic keeps them in low level fights and of course their gold is gonna die quick to trigger off Kurtz plat and halo. All the player had to do was pilot Kurtz and roll the whole match. I can see this being a nice toxic PVP, well done.

3 Likes

@Muninn @Huginn any news on fixing Kurtz? His silver is still not working most of the times.

Great, another hero designed to benefit min-maxer.

It helps to know specifically what issue you’re referring to. We’re aware of some reports, but we don’t want to assume it’s precisely the same thing we’ve already heard. Please submit a report through the support desk.

I did, I talked to support, explained everything, it’s not first time that I’m sending ticket to support about Kurtz issues, at the end they said we’re sorry that you experiencing these problems. But I’ll send another message to support right now.

Same problems

• 1.Kurtz still kills ally instead of enemy effected by Dominate (it doesn’t happen a lot like old days)
  1. Execute doesn’t work at all, I click on silver and it doesn’t do anything at all (it happens so often).
2 Likes

They take that info and collate it so we can get the full picture. One report from the forum, some here-say on Discord, an in-game chat log we need to dig up… it gets confusing and takes more time to solve issues. That’s why having it go through one dedicated channel is best.

As always, I remind everyone that support won’t be able to hit a button and solve every issue. They’re service-level. They’ll apologize for the issue and pass on the info and inform you of any steps to take if there are any steps to take that can resolve your issue. Otherwise, they report to us, and we collect all the data and use it to resolve as many issues as we can. They might ask you questions, so be polite and don’t fight them. That info is important.

I know that.
But c’mon now, Kurtz had a lot of problems since his release, how come these problems is not happening for other hero’s?
I get him cuz I was lucky and of course I spent my gold’s. But for people who spent huge amount of money on him it’s so frustrating that he is still broken and not working properly. Just 2 of my alliance friends have these issues with him and they’re complaining everyday. It has to be fixed by now…

I appreciate your patience, I know your job it’s not easy, Thanks for the response.

There’s more to it than that. Let’s say your report is about sometimes falling through the map. If all we’re able to get is “sometimes during PvP I drop” then we don’t have much to go on. Is it a particular map? Particular Hero at a very specific spot? Does it only happen when reloading? When hit by a Stun ability while reloading? When hit by a Stun while reloading while having 33% charge for your Bronze skill with 2 bars of service?

Seriously, it gets complicated. Without a reliable reproduction method, we can’t always find the source of a problem. Given that players are understandably upset when they write in to report issues, it can be difficult to get actionable info. Not everyone is a trained QA tester, with the ability to remember exact circumstances of issues that just occurred and scientifically reproduce a problem. We get that. That’s why we ask questions, ask for reports, and collect data from as many people as we can to complete a picture. If we’re unable to reproduce an issue, we can’t always fix it.

That might be the case with Kurtz. So, the next time it happens, try to remember every little detail about that instance. Even if it seems irrelevant to you. Because a lot of those fine details are relevant.

2 Likes

Not everyone have enough time to provide such a information, and you shouldn’t be expecting that; they are players not tester’s, if people can’t provide those information and you guys can’t always fix it without enough information from players, then test it by yourself as a player.

Sure I’ll, I’ll even record it if I got enough time to do that.
But seriously, you guy’s test the hero’s before releasing them right? I’m playing this game for 1 year and I never seen any hero with this much problems, even half of these problems, I can’t correctly recall it, but I think Yageer had a little problems which he gets one-two updates? In all of those hero’s just 1-2 with problems? For a game like this, with that much heros and coding, It proves that developers are doing their job perfectly.
Kurtz issues were too much, something was off about him in testing or whatever.

I think I covered your first paragraph in what I said in my last reply. I’m not sure you read the whole thing. Go back and give it a once over.

I’m not going to engage with any topics that claim we don’t play or test our own games. If you’re going to take that attitude, nobody can help you. Those replies are disrespectful and serve no purpose.

3 Likes