Let's talk about the bounty changes - Some level-headed feedback

After one day I start to be less happy about this change. Mainly due to the lack of diversity in bounties. Most of the are of a level that many of our members or my B and C teams can’t handle.

I expect this is a consequence of the less bounties per alliance change. Which I would at to the list if not already done so.

Edit: this was just a moment later balance in bounty levels was good.

HHG should hire Papa marsh. Well said!

1 Like

I understand the thought process behind the changes but wouldn’t the quickest change that I think everyone would be good with is introducing the speed boost to bounties. It would allow us to do max damage, use our skills more, and have us playing less time. Just a thought.

That’s right… One of the satisfaction in playing Bounty is when we see the damage we dealt…
On the other side, I’m just imagining if we still get the previous bounty condition… How many damage point will Dogface can make, if he’s in level 75, 10 stars and plat+5??
Maybe he will be able to wipe out a gold bounty just by going solo??

To anyone interested, I added a couple more points thanks to @Phil50579874 ‘s reply. Sections 2e and 4c are the new ones.

Devs: I think they’re VERY important points to read so that you more fully understand our perspective as players.

Thanks again for the support on this post everyone, it’s encouraging to see it become a rallying point for the community.

1 Like

Also to note that if the bounty has a cloaking skill like mandrake, Fischer, sapphyr, etc…this further reduces time in the already limited bounty. How is a few players asking for a reduction in “event” time and better rewards translated into what we have is beyond me!

Also in your msg to all players they state they made these changes to reduce play time, but by adding milestones that are literally impossible to reach unless your in top 5 alliances with all 10 star platinum heroes, you’ve actually increased play time by almost triple for those who’ve only played 8 months or less. Please fix this by just unfixing these changes before outrage turns into abandonment!

1 Like

Show me what team you use on a bounty like that

I’m not sure what you mean. I was referring to time being reduced cause the AI controlling your other 4 heroes will not shoot and invisible or cloaked target

Yeah, what do you use against stealth?

Why is there a higher playtime for you now? The extra Milestones are not game changing at all, good if you get them, but nothing you miss if you do not. They are not meant to get by all, they are meant for endgame.
We are not a top 5 alliance and far from all 10* Platinum, but we will easily get the 200k Milestone. And I am confident that at least the top 15 will get to the 200k Milestone in the end.

But you are right, we asked for better postitioning rewards and got new Milestones. Not what I hoped for either.

It’s a higher playtime because you are doing more work for the insanely high ceiling of the 100, 200 and 300k milestones. And yes while not game changing most player who are active daily would like to reach all milestones in an event. Especially bounty. I’m not seeing the point of making all this fuss by hot head games saying they listened to feedback and thus reduced play time and then increasing milestones to such a height as intuitive.and for me it’s causing an increase of actually being in game to keep up and help my alliance which is totally contradictive to their point

1 Like

The points are the same, just the time and the bounty HP are reduced. So you need to kill the same amount of bounty as before to reach the milestones.

And it’s because of that the damage output is not the same therefore you need to use more heroes to kill a bounty. More heroes equal more time. What use to take you one team to take out a bounty is now taking more hero’s. Especially considering the non bonus heroes are doing next to no damage in 45 (really 30) secs. Even the bonus heroes damage isn’t running through multiple bounties. Only being able to activate skills once maybe twice, dealing with the minions and any adverse in that amount of time isn’t helping anyone play “less”

Why are you even debating this? Aren’t you against this change? Don’t play devil’s advocate with me. And don’t put sugar on shit and call it pancakes! This whole fiasco of a update/change to bounties was unwarranted, unwanted and undeserved. And that’s coming from the top players on down to the newbies!

No i am not against the change. I like the shortened playtime. Sure there are issues that have to be solved, but overall I like it.

How often did you activate your heroes skills before? Most heroes could activate them twice, Now you can activate them once, while everything else is halfed too. It all scales.
There are only two things that pull down the damage below 50%. The changing of stages and the effects of stun/stumble. But both of this can be improved until next bounty.

You can argue against it, that is what this threat is for. But please bring valid ones and do not try to make them fit your argumentation. You do about 40% of the damage you did before. So yes you have to use more heroes sometimes, but not as often as you want to make us belive. There is no need to invest more resets as you did before to get the same results. Know your heroes and their damage so you can build the best team for each needed damage.

Here is an example of one of the bounty fights. https://youtu.be/oaBrcrRKTQQ

Not all my hero skills are at their max. Some heroes were able to hit more. I would go for the ones that shoot fast vs shoot slow. Only acception was Art (due to the damage) and Salvatore (due to the DoT). As you can see each round had a decent amount of damage done. Even had an ally jump in a few times and within 5 minutes, this guy was defeated.

The time thing through me off at first, but I was quickly able to adapt. Many heros have escaped due to them being high ranked plats. For me, this worked out well during lunch. I can attack and be quick about it.

Actually more than a few things that bring damage down and the 50% scale is inaccurate. It’s more along the lines of 41% and a stun, disorient or invisible hero makes it drop much further. The 50% scale needed to be across the board on everything like reload, charge time etc but HH completely dropped the ball on that one.

It’s very clear that this change wasn’t thought out thoroughly and was poorly executed. It’s a knee jerk change that wasn’t needed or asked for by the majority.

1 Like

@WalleWu - I’ve seen your replies in a few threads quoting the 50% figure and while I don’t want to invalidate your opinion that the changes are fine, I think it’s a bit disingenuous to suggest that anyone can actually get anywhere near 50% of their previous damage.

This is from another thread, but come on. I usually really respect your forum contributions and think they’re pretty fair; but this is pretty out of line. People are complaining about how they have much less effective time to deal damage, which is completely true - and that’s regardless of team power. Every player in the game is now doing less than 80% of their former bounty contributions (which equals 40% of previous damage).

You also mentioned that since you’re in a strong alliance that you guys don’t have any problems…? I don’t understand why this is relevant. Are you suggesting that you guys are dealing near 50% of your previous damage? Because that’s actually impossible. The figures are in my post with time-stamps from a run. I don’t like that you’re invalidating legitimate concerns by blowing it off, acting like you and you’re alliance are unaffected. It’s simply not true.

1 Like

I was actually planning on posting something on here that was similar to the idea of constructive feedback as the ‘hot’ threads Ive seen tend to be about boycotting and how negative this experience is. You hit a lot of good points here and covered a few things I planned on saying that hadnt really been covered. However, if it helps I had a couple extra things to add.

One negative aspect not covered is heroes with AOE skills. These generally were best used in the second wave to completely clear mobs and boost overall team dps. This was nice especially for lower dps heroes to have a role like Callidus. Now when their skill is ready its either at the end of the first wave were its largely useless or the second (final) wave were extra mobs will just come back. In the second wave they didnt come back so focus fire was a huge benefit. Now, AoE skills just dont have the same benefit or dps punch they did for your team.

This leads to another point about skills - even if they have a faster cooldown time, they lose value with a shorter run. Some skills are designed to give a character a dps spike whether its individually or through the team. Sometimes you could get that skill off 3 times if the cooldown was faster enough, but now just about every hero gets to use it effectively once. Some get lucky with 2 uses, but its really hard to squeeze it in when its not in a transition period and just loses effectiveness. This also makes skills a liability in that they all have a cast time and effect period. Whether you are throwing a bomb, placing an aoe dot or even have an instant skill, they all take time to cast. Before this was a smaller part of the bounty time and most skills paid for themselves, but now even faster skills are harder to justify use if they dont increase your base dps.

Now to tie those together, Manual vs auto play. Yes manual play almost always gives us better benefits in any game scenario. But with bounty, if you put in the time to boost your heroes, you saw the benefit even if you couldn’t sit down to play. It rewarded either the player who grinds or the one who went into bounty manually with a strategy. Now it just feels like you have to play manually or suffer massive dps losses. My case and point: this bounty featured Min. I bought her crates to unlock her early, and spend frags and resources to get her to 8 stars plat+1 before the bounty. I knew her base dps wasnt the best, but shes would also get a nice boost in her stats. Plus, I had a 10* plat+1 dogface so i figured both would own each element space even when i had to put them on auto. Well with the quick times for bounty, Min has been far less than ideal. Honestly her base attack dps has shined, but on auto she pauses at times and uses her skills which actually tends to hurt her dps. If I play her manually, i just shoot and reload…shoot and reload. I always get better dps, no pauses, and her skills (going back to my previous paragraph) dont feel like they pay for themselves vs raw dps. So now im forced to play manually in the most borring way possible of just holding the crosshairs and spamming the attack? Dogface though slightly better also suffers from poor AI usage of his 2 skills. Even back to the AOE heroes - you used to have a strategy of manually playing the first wave with an AOE hero to make sure they didnt waste it on no mobs and save for the second wave, then switch to auto play in the second wave and focusing on the bounty. Again, we know this, but its all worse/magnified with the new bounty changes.

TL;DR - even with the changes, all skills take a back seat to manual play of just straight weapon dps most of the time.

You took that quote out of context, read the posts before and it will look different.
What does trouble mean for you? We will place better than the bountys before, if this ist because we adapted better or because we got stronger I can not tell.

If talk about the 50% it is related to invisibility, skill usage etc, because many keep talking abut that they can use their skills only once, that invisibillity is a bigger problem. That all is true, but most skills, for example Mavens, you could use twice before and can use once now, so it fits the 50% time cut. Sapphyrs invisibility kicked in twice before and now does once, that is fitting too. I never statet that you do 50% of the damage, always said it is more like 40%. But far more than the 10-30% others mention most of the time.