Wraith Ascending - Carabina Skin Event Details

Five now :wink: ‍‍‍

The heck? I’ve gotten Beck 3 times in a row -_- At least give me Kaishi or something

I havnt got her either yet trade and have reset daily. Is this skin limited edition? Because i need it for top 5 hero power and would suck if i cant get it because of drop rates

Hail to the skin king.

IDK how many times I need to say Gamblers fallacy on this website, for everyone who thinks they are being unfairly treated please read this and understand that numbers are numbers and have no bias.

Well my main point about this is more the release of a skin based on luck nothing else and I don’t mean my personal luck here.

Everything in the game is based off luck my friend, it is no different from earning skin tokens and hoping to unlock one of the many skins in the game by luck

2 Likes

(Disclaimer - I have zero issues with the setup of the Carabina skin crate)

As much as I’ve enjoyed poking the proverbial bear, @soSerious1 does has a valid point in that the Carabina skin is obtainable only through luck. It is theoretically possible to never unlock the skin even spending near-infinite money.

The difference here is that if you continue missing out on a skin, you will eventually have enough dust to buy it outright. This isn’t the case with the Carabina skin. Nearly everything in the game can be ‘brute-forced’ eventually, heroes included. This skin (and also Commando coincidentally) is somewhat unique in that there is no brute force method to obtain it.

Yeah I get that, but let’s also have a look at the other game factors. It is also technically theoretically possible that anything in the game won’t be unlocked despite spending as much money as you want, look at how much people spent and didn’t get kurtz, or the other 7* or even some 5* when they first came out. I don’t understand the complaining about something being down to chance when most of the game is using RNG mechanics.

There is a brute force way of unlocking and it’s called spending gold like every other aspect in the game, plus this won’t be a one time thing you think they will lock this skin up forever? It would make no sense as none of the other skins have been before :joy:

Btw not being rude just debating :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re misunderstanding what brute force means here I think. Brute force means you will get it eventually no matter what. Spending gold on crates is still reliant on luck and could still theoretically leave you empty handed.

In the case of (most) 7* heroes, we’re talking about heronium/alliance stores. I know several people that have unlocked 7* heroes this way. It’s slow, but possible - and more importantly: it’s inevitable. In other words, there is a guarantee that you will eventually get what you’re after without spending or relying on RNG.

That’s actually not true for most things in the game. First off, they are not a limited release like the Carabina skin presumably is. While it may take forever to get some of the heroes, or skins, you can get most eventually either through hard mode, events, or they will end up appearing in the Alliance/PVP/Gauntlet store. Everyone will get Kurtz eventually if they score high enough in AW.

As for this event, I am one of the unlucky ones. I have done the event every day since the release, done it an additional two times with my alt feeding me an extra 250 gems, and spent 2500 gold on crates. Still no skin. That’s over 62 crates and no skin. I should have gotten it 3 times now, but that’s not how it works. This is why this event is total crap.

Not only is it the same friggen GW raid we do 6x a day and have had for years, it now is a luck event. Someone could open a single crate and get the skin while others might spend thousands upon thousands of gold and never get it. Sure the skin isn’t that special and is mostly a re-color, but it does give some nice stat bonus (6% hp and dmg) and it sucks having EVERY other skin except this one now.

They could have at least made the chances of it dropping upped every time you buy tokens with gold, or after opening every crate.

Judging by the new things released this month I would expect an increase in this form of release honestly, both commando and this limited edition skin are rng dependent. Commando I think will forever be stuck in the gilded crate as the devs have said the gilded crate is here to stay, the skin however will probably come back just like the other holiday skins do. At least it is only a skin and not the end of the world, some people have just bad luck I guess. I think I opened probably 15/20 crates before I unlocked the skin.

There are people who are lucky and who have bad luck. I had the Wraith box
Lucky, in the Gilded box, as far as Commando, not yet. That’s how it compares.

KLG logo on a UAF Member skin, Interesting :thinking:
Screenshot_20190829-032407

7 Likes

I finally got the skin, I like it developers, very nice looking on her

1 Like