The matching system recently works greater than ever

I am saying “bad luck” is not at play here; I am saying bad matchmaking is coded into the game.

1 Like

I have them to, but team compensition is also important.

I’m not saying the matchmaking is good or anything

Even if he used a meta, or even tried a counter to his opponent (not sure there really is one atm), he still would have lost. His opponent is much higher power than he was and each of his opponent’s heroes are, on average, 1700 points stronger. That’s a whole star and plat bar difference… per hero.

There is no way he could have won here unless he got insanely lucky AND his opponent was terrible. It’s bad enough his opponent was playing one of the strongest metas currently in the game, but then to have a 8500 power advantage just makes it insulting.

1 Like

I know, the match making was bad

The punishment for not leveling up you hero skills and playing with a significantly lower power hero is the same. If you want to play some heroes that are not in you A or B team and therefore have underleveled skills (because you barely have enough money to level your top heros skills) you always get bad match-ups.

His skills were leveled, while mine are not maxed out. So in the matchmaking algorithm matched us without a punishment, even though his team is much more unbalanced than mine.

That was not the case for me. Just terrible, terrible matchmaking

Without a punishment? You had a 3200 point lead on him. Granted it’s not a big punishment, but it was there.

3.2k is within the normal match making range. That is no punishment. You can get worse if you get a bad match-up with two proper teams.

58B09E02-EE94-4D21-BF59-F7694B9FB3C2

ronin team get rewarded lol

That is the difference I saw also. I have without realizing it always maxed out the stripes of my heroes to which ever skill level they are at. It’s why I don’t PvP with my Plats that often. I working to get them evened out. My PvP runs start out with matchups against lower power squads -most of the time. Then I’ll get a few high ones. After that it settles in with +/-500. What’s weird is that I’ll lose to the underpowered squads after 3 or 4 crates.

The balance in PvP is just non existant. I have a team of 80 platin with 4 7* and one 6* and i get constantly matched against players with 9* or even 10*… How in the hell am i supposed to do this? The actual promotion status is worth almost nothing, while stars boost the damn heroes like crazy and make them unkillable, not to mention that the new heros first skill is completely overpowered… even against targets that are in advantage due to element bonus…
Teampower means nothing when you get matched against someone using a hero, that is due to stars capable of one-shotting your entire team single handedly! It’s frustrating beyond any limits and really screams Pay2Win…

Personnally,

My team is comprised of heroes who are :

• at most 1* up or down
  • at most 1 promotion up or down
  • skills are usually maxed to the level of the heroes.

With such team, i now fight against similarly build teams, or have an advantage of 2-3k over a team that is less balanced.

To me, the matchmaking seems a lot better than it was 4-6 months ago. Of course, some missmatch happens, but rarely. No need to cry over spilt milk.

Having heroes that satisfy those requirements is a pain while you are a new player. Just don’t try to grow too fast and you should face teams you can win against. My advice for a growing player would be to have separate pools of heroes for story vs pvp. Grow you story heroes as much as needed. Grow your pvp heroes, team by team and let them all grow at the same time

Matchmaking before was bad. Now it’s just horrendous.
Playing a balanced team gets you punished lmao. I guess min-maxing is the current meta now.

hahaha if it is normal for the pairing system to be like this. Sometimes, punish others. And others punish you, only in the tournaments is when people show their other side, they put a platinum ronin of 6 * with all their skills improved and the other heroes they use do not even have a standard of living.

So there is no punishment for using 9* hero with 5* and 6* hero’s?
If that’s true, Congratulations developer’s, you are doing great :clap:

You know this game is going down the drain when you have the same exact problems a year ago, and you have a forum filled to the brim with similar complaints.

2 Likes

@Muninn Can we please make this useless thread die :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a new one would pop up a day or so after…

Complete minmaxing getting only 3K punishment, good for him.