Should Siren be Nerfed/Reworked?

Odachi is far too weak. His Bronze only deals normal damage, Silver is too slow and worthless, and his Gold is too. But this is getting out of topic to since we are talking about unbalanced characters, not weak heroes so I’ll stop.

I have had matches where I easily go 30+ wins in a row, and that’s with a bunch of heroes that were nerfed into the ground and are hardly used anymore (Panzer, Nightingale, etc.). Going 150 wins just means you were playing at an off time or got lucky and faced a bunch of AI/inexperience players.

Personally I don’t find Siren an issue at all. As I said in another thread, I use Panzer and Siren is actually pretty easy to deal with because she is so squishy and easy to interrupt. A standard Siren/Flatlin/Drake/Caine/random 5th team will usually go something like this vs my Flat/Night/Drake/Panzer/Heim team:

I unload an entire round from my shotgun into Flatline, plus Breach and Clear. This is usually enough to kill her. After that I will wait until the second Siren start’s using her song, and use Clean Sweep to interrupt it. If i cast it pre-emptively she will maybe get one tick off, if that. It’s risky if they don’t cast it immediately though. If i cast the second Siren Song starts channeling it usually gets 1 or 2 ticks off which hurts, but not enough to kill anyone. I then either burn down Caine or Siren, depending who is weakest, and it’s an easy win from there on out. You can even try to Tomahawk her with Mandrake or interrupt her with a few shotgun blasts.

The key is to have a reliable interrupt. If you interrupt her Siren song, her damage is negligible at best. About the only time I have issues dealing with her, is when I can’t get Flatline killed quick enough and she or Siren get shielded by Caine. Shiv on the other hand is an absolute monster. She does insane damage and her hp is almost the same as my Siren’s, yet she is 2 stars lower.

2 Likes

Shivs is getting a nasty nerf now, so let’s see how the metas play out after this week!

I played 150 matches on a Saturday, east coast time. I think I played some alright players, including a bunch of the all-gold, 10 star hero type guys.

I’ll often go for like 20-30 matches without many (any) losses with my other team setups, but when I add Siren to the mix I have one team setup that’s close to unstoppable.

I’m ranked in the top 20 in Brawl right now, using primarily my Siren team (I’ll switch in Astrix if the other team goes mech DPS heavy). She’s…really good, but there are definitely other teams I lose to, in particular Shivs and Kurtz teams. Kurtz is some kind of next level bullshit. That character is truly OP.

2 Likes

In my honest opinion Siren kinda sucks because she is easy to kill. Bolt can kill her with one shot.every time i use her in pvp and im playing against Bolt she dies before she can do any damage. She is definitely unreliable, there are better mid liners than her by far

Siren is definitely made of glass, but she can do an absolutely absurd amount of damage. I’m pretty sure that she has the highest potential for damage output of any character in the game. You have to build around her to accommodate her weaknesses, but she’s not a glass cannon, she’s more like a glass nuke.

2 Likes

Her biggest draw back is her low hp and armor. You can definetly help this if you go in with a team that has Phalanx, Flatline, and then some combination of Mandrake/Heimlock/Caine/Ronin. Howerver, even with them she dies pretty fast to Panzer/Shiv/Kurtz.

Besides being super squishy, she also has to channel her song which makes it fairly easy to interrupt or silence. Use Tomahawk, Clean Sweep, Taser, or even Caine’s shield can silence and interrupt her.

2 Likes

Or maybe you just dont know how to use her. Without a good team she sucks, with good team she is a beast.

Here are a couple of matches vs higher level Siren teams:

The second match the entire team was 5 bars except Phalanx, but it was still beatable even though I only had 1 hero at 5 bars. I also was using Ifrit instead of my usual Flatline, so that was another benefit in my opponent’s favor. Ifrit takes extra damage vs Siren and his revive pretty much sucks now since you come back with such little health.

The key is to make sure you stun or interrupt Siren. Do this and she is easily shut down. There are tons of heroes that are good at this. Flatline, Panzer, Mandrake, Kurtz, Ronin, and Alvarez are all decent PVP heroes right now that can interrupt her song. Heck, even Caine can with his shield. She will go to cast and the second it hits a shielded hero Siren will be interrupted and silenced, shutting down the ability immediately.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, i hate when people say hero’s should be nurfed when they dont know what there talking about

2 Likes

I don’t really think that’s the best way to use Siren. I don’t like to sit back and wait for someone to atk my siren, then hope I can counter in 20 seconds with one big song. I come in with Panzer, kill one or two DPS characters, then start finishing off everyone else with Siren. She’s my closer.

I know of no characters currently that need a nerf, not even Kurtz. And I say that when I don’t even have Kurtz. I enjoy defeating him just like he is. Same for Siren and ALL the others that people complain about.

1 Like

Ya just said it right there. The cost of protecting her is insane. She’s a glass cannon that doesn’t need nerfed.

1 Like

I think my problem with Siren is that she does with one character what you used to need Halo + Savage to do. It’s not just that Siren is OP (and she is - when used right she’s almost unstoppable), it’s also that her existence makes Savage a complete joke of a character.

1 Like

I dunno fella, I just thrashed a siren team…again. Granted when I do see siren it’s almost always with Halo and Mandrake. I have the most difficulties when Halo is NOT present and their DPS is not locked into that obvious combination. Still, I disagree that she is OP. I simply feel she is a good character to have for certain team builds that I myself don’t prefer to use. She’s just one of the better characters, she’s the Keel of mass damage for sure, but far from unbeatable.

1 Like

I dunno, with the team I run I’ve done very well. I almost never lose in regular PVP, I placed inside the top 20 in the last brawl where everyone was normalized to plat, 8 star, and most of my matches end in 30 seconds or less. It’s possible that she’s only great when run in a very specific configuration, but she’s really been a killer for me.

The people don’t seem to feel you Grasher, I do though.

Sometimes I’ll see teams in the 90k-100k range with four healer/supports and Siren, and Siren’s damage seems to be the only damage they need. I don’t think they should nerf it dramatically, but at least a little.

Siren’s song at level 90 max deals 113,846 damage per second!

That means that a maxed out Cast (highest HP in the game I believe) will die to a maxed out Siren Song in 10.2 seconds; and that’s assuming Cast is not hit by anything else, and also assuming no elemental bonus as well (so actually much faster).

To compare with someone who is not the highest HP in the game, a max Drake dies in 7.9 seconds (again assuming no elemental bonus or other damage), Callidus 7.6 seconds, Nightingale 5.4 seconds, Dogface 5.6, Sapphyr 4.9 seconds.

And let us not forget, Siren Song is hitting all five targets simultaneously, and also causing silence.

Killing the entire full health opposing team in less than 8 seconds with one skill activation and no other damage is too much damage, even if the skill can be interrupted and the hero is squishy.

If the skill said simply “win match in 8 seconds if not interrupted or killed” it would be almost the same, and we would all agree it needs a nerf.

1 Like

If she was really OP you would see her used all the times, she is now used a bit more cause she is featured but if situation was normal not that much, that says much.

1 Like

She’s still a pretty new hero that hasn’t been available in the pvp store, so not a lot of people have her leveled. Even now with her as part of a featured faction, I don’t see her all that much (and when I do, she’s often under starred).