Shards For Heros

i saw that in the alliance store, which is good, more way to obtain hero, thats exactly what i’m talking about.

Let’s be honest. This kinds of games ARE pay to win, we all know, and most of us don’t really care, because it allows people to spend lots of money to earn an advantage, and let us free players play.
But you can actually be unable to get heroes, due to some of these heroes being locked behind chests. I could play for 10 years, and still be unlucky enough to never get Savage, for example.

So yeah, the game is P2W, don’t try to water it down. I don’t care, most players don’t care, but don’t try to deny a simple fact as this.

1 Like

Oh I don’t deny it, any game that offers fast tracks through purchases is going to be pay to win, I’m just saying this game has everything that you can buy be obtainable through just playing so far. Every hero and every item can be found without the use of out of game currency. If you are unlucky and can’t get that last hero from a crate, they may end up being a shard that can be farmed a month down the road. I’d say this game is more pay-to-strengthen more then to necessarily win. I think pvp is fair game for anyone if you know what you are doing and have a strong team comp and pretty much any hero can do co-op missions it just depends on their individual strength.

And plus you never know what will happen in the future…fortress was the raid hero when the game was globally launched and was the only way to obtain him, like how Galante is now. Now you can farm him in pvp and hard mode a month and a half later. Same thing with ghoul, he could only be found in the last possible hard mode for the time (few people being able to get to it) and now he has 3 missions and is in the pvp store. I’m sure the same will happen with mauler and Galante at some point down the road. Also, with the upcoming alliance store, it looks like there will be at least 2 more heros we can farm using the currency from that store.

I know, eventually you can get pretty much all heroes (if you are unlucky, you wont, but an unlucky VIP 15 may not have prophet aswell). For example, Scum was gold-only, but he is (according to April update preview) farmable on alliance store. I know the game is kinda fair in that regard.

Well…they just added cash to pvp crates…and you get so much! 35000$ is going to get me so far…oh wait…

Yea, thats not going to be helping. It only slows down progression even more, I’d be fine with 100k-400k cash rewards since that would at least give items out of it.

3500? Its 25k/30k/35k/40k for me… I mean, it’s still a bad thing, to have 25% to get cash, but its not as bad as you make it look., at least in my client.

But this game rewards are… interesting, at least. A friend of mine can’t get bucks from PvP crates, and instead has a chance to get PvP currency (150-500 currency). But my friend also has a different daily login calendar, so Im not surprised anymore by this random inconsistency

Your correct, I messed up the numbers. Honestly it was originally a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but lowering shards and gold to add in a 25% chance of cash plain sucks… I’d rather they gotten rid of xp entirely and replaced it. Then it would have been a change for the better instead of a straight kick in the pants.

As of right now the ONLY heroes you can reasonably get to 10* are those in pvp, none of the others are even possible without spending obscene amounts of money. Slowing that down is only going to make the rift bigger.

You started the post with “WE PROBABLY SPEND MORE MONEY IN THIS GAME THAN ANY OTHER ALLIANCE

You are, literally, asking more shards, exclusively, for higher vip levels. If that’s not pay to win, then I don’t know what is. Somehow, I feel like you’re asking the devs for a I want to win with money simulator haha

As mentioned in the thread, don’t water down the pay2win mechanics of the game. It just ruins your point. You even managed to trigger the beta players haha

3 Likes

pvp store just reduced the chance of getting hero shards, more grinding for everyone, yah!

Not seeing a decrease in anything from the pvp store…still can buy the same heros at 3,5,or 10 shards at a time.

If you are talking about the chests for 5 wins, you still have the opportunity just like before, but maybe at like a 1% less chance which is so small a change you wouldn’t notice. Since every hero you can buy is also in the crate it doesn’t matter and statistically you probably will get 1 less Razorback shard per month with that change. So yea i guess you gotta grind those 5 extra pvp wins to make up for the change

Edit: I actually don’t think they changed the chance for shards, just replaced pvp gems with bucks. Which I guess you could complain about regarding the farming of shards. So yea you are losing like 250 pvp gems per 20 wins…which I don’t think would have a huge impact but obviously you seem to think it does.

Not PvP store, PvP crates. Jedi got confused there
Also, its 1.4% for EACH hero, for a total 11.2%.
Going down from a total 38.4% of getting shards to 27.2% sounds noticeable to me

I guess, but that 27% is equivalent to winning 5 more games without even playing them. These crates are more of an insensitive to win the games you play rather then a farming strategy. Even with the decrease, I still think it’s a pretty fair system. Basically every 20 games you win you are going to get 5 free shards, a rewards for doing well in a game mode.

Also it makes sense that the least sought after reward would be the highest chance. If you had a 25% chance to get Razorback shards everyone would have him, he wouldn’t be sought after, and it would defeat the purpose of the entire pvp reward system and the grind of the game.

sry, i meant the pvp crates, hopefully the alliance store will make up for it. can’t wait to see how it works and whats there to exchange

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.