PVP Loadouts

Find me and challenge me in game sometime curb-stomper. I’m Rybread28.

What SSS and Chronic seem to be saying is, play with essentially one (maybe 3) team/s, and stop if/when you run out of gold/revives. But that doesn’t sound as fun; and requires reinvesting of gold into revives rather than on hero upgrades; plus, you’re gonna run out of revives eventually right?

Does nobody want to even think of playing with tier-2 and tier-3 teams?

1 Like

I like to build lesser used heroes into good teams, but I don’t like playing teams that lose a lot.

1 Like

hmmmmm
here comes a challange

Not jabbing you grasher, but what I like to do is to make as much progress upgrading my heroes every day as I can, and that’s what the above seeks to accomplish, which is why I try to make the best tier-2 and also tier-3 teams that I can.

I hear that. I’m trying to get most of my roster to 6 star plat, which in theory would give me some tier 2 and 3 teams, but I find myself incredibly annoyed when I field a team that loses to a badly constructed team.

I tried here, but was instantly flagged as spam and closed by Muninn. So nothing else to say

I still think this team is pretty good :wink:

I had to use Saph during the last faction fights, and I gotta say, her heal block is so handy. It completely changes what damage means. And the fact that she triggers Flat’s gold but doesn’t let the target heal is the best Flat counter I’ve seen. She definitely struggles when the other team has a big shield, though.

What do you think your win rate is with that team? I feel like you’re weak to Ronin teams, but with that much heal blocking it’s almost always going to cost hearts to take down your team.

I’m not sure. If I had to guess I’d say probably somewhere between 63-72%. There are definitely some match-ups that absolutely obliterate me, but I think every team’s gonna have some bad matchups.

The heal block is very nice against Flat, Mandrake, Keel, Francois, Halo…and others.

TBH, most times I’m just letting Nightingale pilot on autopilot and simply choosing her target.

I know many don’t agree with my philosophy regarding playing with Tier-2 and Tier-3 teams, nevertheless, here is my most up-to-date PVP-Grind outline. A " * " indicates a hero who is essentially irreplaceable to the team, so if they lose all lives either revive or move on. I’d consider the first three (reading down the column) my Tier-1; next five Tier-2, and last 2 Tier 3.

And there are some heroes I just don’t have, same as top of OP.

I’m sure win% changes as you move up in power (since everyone at a certain power is probably more serious), but at the 40k level I’m pretty disappointed if I don’t have a 90%+ win rate.

I believe you’re right. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think 90% win ratio at this level, in the elite bracket, is probably too high to achieve for most if not all.

Ryan maybe you can teach me how to pvp. if you want to add me Busy Corrupt

Yeah, at the 40K level most teams aren’t well thought out and only like 10-20% of teams are actually good. But the teams that are good can include serious min-maxers who’ve got their guys at like, lvl 40 10 stars, full silver, which isn’t really possible at 100K power.

1 Like

Spirit: I’m no expert at PVP, that team I run just synergizes well. As mentioned, when I play that team I mostly just put Nightingale on autopilot and simply pick targets for her, and spam the skills buttons.

When I play with my other teams, I manually pilot more often, depending on what I’m doing in real life. I play every team different though as far as who to open with, when/why to switch hero, to whom, etc…

A lot of PVP is just having a good team: a team that works well together, is balanced in terms of DPS/Support/Tank, is balanced in heroes’ levels, has diversity of elemental damage, and has answers to common problems (Flatline, Mandrake, etc…).

Most of the rest of PVP is prioritizing in any given fight who to attack first with whom; and that’s where it’s very complicated. It depends on many considerations. If there is someone I can kill very quickly, like in 1.5 clips or less (a low HP, high DPS target like Clyde/Siren for example) that might be the first priority. In another match, killing someone annoying like Flatline, Ifrit, Mandrake, Caine might be priority #1, otherwise the enemies won’t die (Mandrake) won’t stay dead (Flatline/Ifrit), or must be ignored (those supported by Caine). In another match, killing somebody who is going to get way stronger later (such as Cinder, or Castellan) might be the priority. It all depends on what’s achievable too. If I’m pilotting Panzer, I might go for the quick knockout on Castellan, because I can achieve it. In contrast, if my mech DPS unit is Dogface, I probably can’t kill Castellan by the time he receives his first heal/shield, so I should target a support I can kill quicker first. The real challenge comes when you encounter multiple first priorities at the same time. If you’re attacked by Mandrake, Flatline, Ifrit, Caine, and Castellan, who do you attack first? Tough choice, but the right answer probably depends on who is on your team as well.

By and by, I’d say in most games the key is turning it into a 5 v. 4 ASAP. There are exceptions though. I’ve lost plenty of matches where I take the first two kills, and the enemy still wins (seemingly coming from behind). In my Keep Castellan Alive team, the goal in the beginning is just to stay alive until the Sentry Turrets start to take over.

Every team plays different. Experience is your best teacher. I’ve been playing this game for like 2 years.

1 Like

Final Product: You can probably see the synergies in the descriptive titles. The last team with Min though, the idea is Min’s Plat skill hopefully activates 5x, thereby activating Kobold’s plat 5x, allowing slow-starters with big finishers, such as Yanlong and Yeager, to be viable

1 Like

I know am late on this thread but I feel like this should be the place to come and learn how to come
Up with good pvp lineups that’s helps everyone that is wondering how to make good lineups

This is my lineup suggestion

Or switch between butter and the green chick for phalanx and castellan that works even better

I like the general balance, 2 front, 1 mid, 2 rear. And also 1 Energy, 2 Mech, 2 Bio. Seems to have plenty of healing/shielding. I wonder if the DPs is a little low though. No one besides Panzer is really doing good DPS. I am also wondering if there are any other synergies between these heroes you’d like to point out.

Yes I can point out a few but first let me say that am fairly inexperienced at the pvp