Please, fix the power calculation system

Good to know that you guys are aware of the issues. Like so many others, I leveled up all the skills of my primary PvP heroes before discovering that min/maxing only certain skills could create a huge advantage when it comes to matchmaking due to power calculations and the usefulness of certain skills. Running into a team with a 1/1/60 Clyde, 1/1/60 Mandrake, 60/60/21 Gammond, 60/1/60 Razor, and a healer (insert Heim/Moss/etc here) is a guaranteed death sentence if my comp has all maxed skills because I’ll definitely be several stars/bars lower overall.

Lots of good suggestions on how to fix this that I’ve read all of which I hope you are considering. Includes:

• Allow all players the option to reset skills per hero. Ideally this would be free but if you needed to charge Bucks to reset, I’d still be OK with it so that I at least have the ability to get on even footing with other players. This seems like a pretty quick “bank-aid” fix until something more equitable is figured out.
  • Ignore skill levels entirely in power calculations. There’s some merit here as it basically takes away all the incentive to min/max. Could mess with the match-ups though as now there’s no barrier from matching up teams that have maxed skills against those with none at all. But that’s a better situation than the one we are in.
  • Tweak the skills that people find useless right now. The biggest problem is with status effect skills where the timer for things like stun, silence, disorient are locked no matter what the skill level is and there are only very minor incremental gains to bonus damage. At high levels, Clyde’s silver is only useful for the stun which is locked at 6 seconds. Why would I increase it to level 60 when the only change is that bonus damage increase from a couple hundred to 12k for the shot? 12k is a fraction of the health that high-gold heros have. It’s a terrible trade off for 12k damage that I might get to use once or twice in the match versus being outmatched in overall team health/damage from matchmaking. Why not tie the effect duration to skill level to? 6 seconds should be what can be attained at level 60, not level 1. People would be more incentivized to boost that skill if the stun started at .1 seconds (bascically just enough to stagger) and it scaled an additional .1 seconds per point invested. Same thing with Mandrakes silver. The only useful part of that skill is turning invisible (which is indefinite which is a whole other problem), Why not make it 10 seconds of invisibility at level 1 and add 1 second per point?
2 Likes

And for an „investigation“ you just have to go through the „top players“ of the running tournament …a lot of 9*/10* chars with 1/1/60…1/1/0…1/60/21… but that just might be a coincidence, I guess…where are you guys looking for clues ? :slight_smile:

Well, for CC is as easy as other collectible hero games do. Your skill has a 100% chance to cause CC to enemies of the same level. So a lv 60 silence will silence always, any enemy. A lv 30 silence would have a 100% chance to silence enemies of lv 30 or below, and the higher the enemy level, the less chances of silencing.

This could mean that a 1/1/60 Clyde, would have like 0% chances of stunning a lv 60 enemy with his silver. That would encourage leveling up CC skills without making them useless on early game or utterly broken on later levels

2 Likes

Another day, another reminder…a mate from my alli made a new account to test the advantage of underskilling and got top ten in the lowlevel tournament even if the other players had two days more in the competition…
I just don’t get it why you guys are sticking so badly to this obviously abusable system. Are those players the ones cashing the most, so you wouldn‘t harm your cashcows? Are you playing that way by yourself? I just don’t get it. It is such a great game you created, why has the best part of it to suffer from such a pain-in-the-as-matchmaking system? Some players of my old alli allready quit, just because of this, it‘s so sad :confused:

I don’t understand, to be honest. There is a simple solution that doesn’t involve any rebalancing issues: do not take skills levels into account for matchmaking.

If you use a level 50 hero with 1/1/21, you shouldn’t get an advantage of 1 star or 1 bar (gear). Getting punished for leveling our heroes shouldn’t be a thing. On the other hand, being punished for not leveling our heroes sounds logical (your 1/1/50 Clyde could be matched against another Clyde with 50/50/50, and both Clydes would weight the same power score, so yours is “handicapped”)

this is what you all sound like right now tbh
fixit

since we have so many professional game designers up in here, maybe you guys should go make your own game to change and rebalance as and when you please?

i’m sure HH has taken all our feedback into consideration and is working on a solution. you can’t expect things to change at the snap of your finger just because YOU think it’s a surefire fix for the problem.

tl;dr stfu and let the devs do their job

3 Likes

Well, forums are there to talk and discuss politely. We are talking and discussing politely. Meanwhile, you are being rude. If someone should stfu, I think it should be you :slight_smile:

tl;dr stfu and let the people use the forums

We’ve come to a conclusion on this topic. The solution we’ve settled on is similar to ones suggested in this discussion. I can’t provide a date for it’s release but I will make an announcement giving details on the change and it’s impact to player. We look forward to discussing the details with you then!

4 Likes

Just to show you, how the problem looks ingame

So you might get why it pisses me off soooo much…competing against players, whose chars have more stars than my exact counterparts but have a few hundred points less is ridiculous…

1 Like

Everyone is suffering from this, that means you, me and every other player in game.

I also don’t like the tone of your speech, even when a dev says they know it’s a problem and their working on it you keep complaining, instead of constructive criticism you just shout it’s not fair for me cause I lose… Everyone has this…

If you look at the top 10, 90% has maxed their skills

I sometimes win against opponents stronger and lose against weaker, learn to adept, use more then 1 hero, it’s the same with the Mandrake complaints, I have won today more fights without him then I did with him on my team.

Also the screenshot you posted… you have 0 damage dealers, he has a sentry and a dogface, look into your team composition and switch around, if you still lose, bad luck try again with a different team.

Stop saying it’s not fair and fix stuff, I also complain sometimes, but when I do I try to make clear what problem I have and what probably will solve the problem, not whining…

Krat out

1 Like

I have more examples, but im unsure how to put up the screenshots

I wish the devs would drop everything and fix this issue first. This is a legitimate and huge pain point of the customers and they’ve been shrugging it off for quite a while now. We need a more specific response than “we’re looking into it.” Like are there even coordination with the community on how to fix this?

They keep ignoring concerns like this. Then we see these new cash grab heroes and events. We really should be careful when and how we throw money to them.

1 Like

Maybe you are unaware how updates work for the apple store…it takes a lot of leg work and requires approval from apple on every update. They can’t afford, as a company to release ONLY that change, it needs to be integrated into their next update…probably some time this month.

This game is only a few months old too. It’s important to balance the game and make changes where necessary but they can’t just throw them out without serious thought and play-testing first.

Wow just because everyone is suffering, it’s ok?

No, but the devs said they know there’s an issue.

And to be honest, I wouldn’t know how to make a good calculation out of this.

There are many factors you need to consider, not only the power, stars, rank and skills of 1 hero, some hero’s with the same amount of work putten into have different power ranking, keel and Richter as an example, so making everyone fight their own exact power rating isn’t fair either.

If they would come with a quick fix this update and break it even more people will go even more nutts.

Right now I can adept to the problem because I know how PvP works(I play with more then only Mandrake), reworking it fast and breaking it more isn’t something we all want.

So take it in consideration and try to be constructive instead of just saying fix fix fix

2 Likes

As stated this takes a lot of testing to get right. I am hopeing they can first find a way to use brawls as a test for the new system.

Eitehr way, patience.

Cheers,
H.D.

…but it‘s still the biggest and most annoying flaw in this game…a heads up from the dev‘s or showing some progress would at least be nice here and than, so we don’t feel forgotten out here :confused:

We are working on a change to how skill levels contribute to the matchmaker. Our goal is to send this out as soon as we are able to. The goal is to not wait for the normal release process, but to get this out as soon as possible.

6 Likes

Thanks, for the response.

This is a really hard math problem to solve…

Not changing it enough will keep the same people complaining, changing it to much and we have a new problem.

I think we need to drop the amount of points needed for division 1 to reduce the problem most people suffer with.

This will reduce the complaints from people who aren’t strong enough to actually fight top 10000, and get people into the competition to get some points, I also said before that we maybe should reward a loss with some points of the heros you killed. This will also help in the tournament ranking.

Please add your opinion, be constructive!

saying fix cause I lose and I won’t read read your comment