New Hero Suggestion: Dex

Dex - Advanced Hacker (Three Star Hero)
“An experienced technician. Locks down and disrupts opponents with powerful hacks and debuffs.

His weapon is an SMG. More specifically a Maxim SMP34. It’s basically an MP7 but with a suppressor. It has a fast firerate and decent accuracy, but low damage. It’s also a bit quieter than most guns. You can make it any color, Hothead Games.

His outfit consists of an orange jacket, black shades, black pants, and orange and white shoes.

He has brown, neat hair and brown eyes as well.

SKILLS: (I will use x for numbers that vary based on level)
Bronze Skill -Locked Down-
Locks down all enemies to the ground with a hack, dealing X damage and rooting them in place for 5 seconds. If an enemy is below 50% when they are locked down, they are rooted for an additional 3 seconds.
Silver Skill -Chip Off-
Activates a hack that slowly chips away at all enemies health, dealing X damage every second for 5 seconds. Whenever this hero damages an enemy who is affected by this skill, he gains health equal to 50% of the damage dealt.
Gold Skill -Jailbreak-
Whenever this hero damages an enemy, he has a 5% chance to gain a charge of (Jailbreak), to a maximum of 5 charges. Each charge gives him X bonus health and X attack damage. Each charge lasts 5 seconds.
Platinum Skill -Fatal Error-
If this hero dies, all enemies take X damage and cannot fire their weapon for 5 seconds.

So I guess that’s it! Let me know what you think of my idea. I hope that Hothead Games incorporates some of my ideas into a future hero. :smiley:

1 Like

Imo his gold skill is a bit weak and his platine completely broken! Not firing for 10s is a huge disadvantage.

Now that I think about it, 10 seconds is a while. I’ll shorten it to 5 seconds.

I changed up his gold a little bit. I think it’s a little better.

A lot better! If someone else give his opinion he may be a good hero…

3 Likes

I like the direction with this hero, and think the platinum is an interesting addition (a kind of final farewell). There’s really no hero who deals direct debuffs/direct damage after death (With the exception of Castellan’s turret, Hivemind’s drones, and Halloway’s holograms)

With the currents stats of the platinum, however, it’s still seems very OP. Taking damage, 10% increased vulnerability, and a 5 second weapon lock would wreck any team facing a high DPS skill.

I think having a team-wide lockdown would be an interesting dynamic, that would be cool.

I was intending on the damage given to the other team when Dex gets eliminated to be not too much, but not too little. I removed the increased damage intake to balance it out.