Min-Maxing

Do you have anything useful to contribute to this conversation, or are you just going to keep making unnecessary snide comments?

1 Like

I tried. And Kraterios tried too. But it seems that you don’t want to get it So I gave you another option how to solve your problem, with not doing good at pvp.

1 Like

No, you focused on how I should be penalized for not running a full team of 5, or for only using a few plat and higher star heroes to alter my hero power. You mocked me like I was oblivious to this, despite me stating over and over I totally agreed. I’m not really sure what point you were making? Just to see yourself post?

No one seemed to address how certain min/maxing seems to go largely un-punished (in relation to my posts). Most people complain there is no punishment and I was showing that there definitely is a HUGE penalty if you min/max a certain way (penalty of up to 17k… or a whole nother 10* plat and 5* gold hero). I was trying to get some discussion and clarity on that. Heck, I even posted a team nearly identical in size and star power to the 3 man one I was running, the only difference was they were only at a 6.6k disadvantage instead of 17k. Maybe the silver rank threw it off? Idk.

1 Like

What would the perfect scenario look like given you use the 3 heroes team you showed earlier? What’s according to you the DREAM MATCHUP for them?
Still trying to understand this. You talk about 17k but I don’t totally understand what?

1 Like

The 17k I am referring to is the power difference in total team power. In most of those screen shots I am around 33k power while my opponent is 43k+. In a couple cases they were at 47 and 50k while I was 33k.

I’m fine with that since I was totally min/maxing, but my issue is how other ways of min/maxing go largely unchecked. When I was running a 5 man team, all 5-7*, all gold to plat, I was faced vs a team of 3 heroes, all 9-10*. However, since they weren’t all platinum(?) it appears they wern’t punished as badly since they were only 6.6k power under myself. This also seems to be how certain players got away with running 10* Panzer at bronze.

My solution would be to penalize everyone who min/maxes the same, not just certain ways of doing it. Anyone running 3 heroes that are all 9-10* would face teams a minimum 10K+ higher. Anyone with a hero or two significantly higher than anyone else on the team would automatically face a team 5k points higher. Of course these numbers could be adjusted, but you get the idea. As it stands, it seems way too much emphasis is placed on the stars, but hardly any on the rank when it comes to min/maxing and being punished.

2 Likes

I would say the TOP hero of each team should be of same stars cuz as Long one team has the higher star hero that hero willpower theough.

1, highest is 10* star and lowest hast to be 8*
2, highest plat and lowest will be gold2

Failing to meet the 2 above requisites the " battle" will not start.

By the above requisites the teams will be meet teams of similar power and lesser to no incident of min max

In this case my opponent would fail to start as his highest is a 10* but his lowest is 6*. Frankly his DF power through. And not to mention I get this BS match up of 4K more power.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, the problem really starts when people start to run plat 2 10* with golden 6* hero’s.

Also when people say 4k power difference isn’t a lot, they don’t get it that the difference is solely based on 1 hero with insane damage, making you lose half of your hero’s before you can even try to react.

@Deathleech I agree that its weird that 1 player gets punished more then the other that shouldn’t be the case, everyone should be punished as hard as the other.

Once you start min maxing the average power of your opponent should be based on your highest hero, people will quit this tactic immediately. Imo

2 Likes

Unfortunately I think that would just cause more issues than it would solve. The game isn’t set up to make that kind of thing possible. Like I said earlier in the thread, my top team has a single 10* hero and 3 are at 7*. This has nothing to do with me trying to min/max, it is because there is no good ways to get character fragments for those 7* heroes unless you spend a ton of money. It seems like it would just punish F2P or lower paying players even more than they already are, and that’s not needed.

Dogface is so prevalent not just because he is so good in PVP, it’s because he was the only Gauntlet store option for a long time so people spent their gems on him. He was easy to access. Same with Mandrake.

I also think certain character power should be significantly higher than it is currently listed. For instance my 9*, plat Matador is currently 12,608 power. My 9*, 1 bar plat Mandrake is 200 points less. Mandrake is signficantly more powerful than Matador though. Nightingale is way under powered, at least by the numbers. Her power should be increased to reflect her real potential. Certain really powerful heroes like Ifrit and Panzer should have a bump in power since they are so strong right now. This would at least help offset team powers when being matched up a little.

Of course I also think elemental damage should be factored in, as well as min/maxing being more penalized. Facing a same level team that is all mech when you are all energy puts you at a huge disadvantage. As is the system just has tons of issues.

Enough of this min/max BS …

1 Like

I did a lot more testing with the whole min/max thing to see how the system works. If you run only 3 heroes, all platinum on a team you are severely punished (to the tune of a 10-17k power difference). However, if you add in even a few silver or bronze 3-5* heroes to make a full team of 5, you barely get penalized since you now have a full team.

I was running the same Panzer/Dog/Heimlock team and after adding 2 random low level heroes the teams I were facing were only 2-6k higher than me. Seems like the devs thought of ways to try and deter a few high level heroes not on a full team vs a bunch of lower ones, but did NOTHING to address a full team with one or two 8*+ heroesand the rest much lower facing a bunch of 5* heroes.

1 Like

This tournament is bullshit, in my opinion. Since we are running 3 man teams, it seems the system is not punishing people for min/maxing… I’ve seen so many teams like that.

10* plat maven with 2 random weak heroes. Since most Morlocks/Shoremen are tanks/healers, you cant kill Maven before she melts your face.

Agree and now that the min/max is known to more. More are now blatantly abusing it.

I know I’m doing it to, just started last week since a lot of players were doing it, so I thought let’s jump in on the min max train.

After some matches(also balanced teams, 6-7* gold’s before everyone hates me) I just noticed that people are not leveling up their hero’s.

They use 1 team for the campaign map to make sure they don’t collect xp to keep the team lvl absurdly low.

I spoke about this with a friend yesterday(IGN: ydeska, credits go to him) and he came with a perfect idea, let’s give hero’s XP from fighting PvP matches, this way they can still use this tactic but in 2/4 weeks they can’t because all the hero’s are leveled to 70.

Cause fighting 9* gold hero’s at a 30k~ power range is not ok, same as my abuse with halo and savage, it should be punished, not rewarded by fighting new players who don’t know a thing about synergy

1 Like

Just like the game punishes you if you skills are not maxed, it should do the same if your hero level is not equal to your team level.

That would solve those lv 40 heroes in level 70 accounts abusing the mat matchmaking

That’s why I said this

That will solve the issue in no time

But your idea will work to, using lvl 50 hero’s when you’re lvl 70 is even more match breaking then all the other min maxing

1 Like

Well, leveling a hero from 40 to 70 takes a lot of exp. Unless they reward ridiculous amount of exp (rendering exp boosters even more useless) it could take a lot of months for their heroes to go up from 40 to 70. Cap level should be increased in future updates, too, increasing the time needed for this problem to solve itself. With mi suggestion it would be solved instantly.

Just my two cents

True, but this really needs to be addressed, lvl 55 9* mandrake isn’t ok

@Kraterios
Great idea that you and your buddy came up with. It would definitely be a step in the right direction. It doesn’t touch the min/max skill problem but it’s at least something.

1 Like

Let’s play a thought experiment:

You say a 9* 50 Mandrake is UNACCEPTABLE

I point out that its identical to a 7* 70 Mandrake AND if you forced people to level their high stars then you might force them to either ruin their team balance OR you would accuse them of powerdropping. I wasnt even level 60 when I got enough to 10* three of the pvp store heroes, meanwhile my supports were all still 4-5*.

The only way I could keep my team in balance was by NOT adding more stars OR levels until the rest of my team caught up.

Either way there’s no matchmaking advantage for taking stars before levels. Levels simply give you a way to control your teams balance even without frags or gear (which are not cheap).

Most of this thread just appears to be people running bad teams. Minmaxing is an issue but people posting threads of their bad teams getting beat by teams that can barely qualify as minmax. Coolhands and Kraterios have both just posted crappy minmax teams getting beat up by others.

Also stop referring to powerdropping as minmax, it’s not.

Dude, you are abusing a broken system to milk easy victories. It’s cool. But don’t try to justify yourself. Leaving heroes underleveled on purpose to have easier matches is not the way the game is supposed to work.

And no, its not the same. They may have the same power, but since there are a lot of useless skills, leaving some heroes underleveled and underdeveloped while having massive stars is an advantage. You can see that with your own 10* silver Gammond. While he may have the same power than a 7* plat Gammond, yours have this power distributed between two useful skills and his basic attack, so it’s probably going to outperform the plat Gammond.

Making him gold or plat would add an useless skill and a questionable one, massively boosting his power. But at silver he already performs his best for PvP.

Don’t try to make yourself look as a good guy who is forced to abuse the system because its the only choice developers gave you to balance your teams.

4 Likes