Min-Maxing

I think the problem is running a 10* plat 1 with 7* hero’s

But you have to play what the game gives you. If this is considered min-maxing every second team is min maxing. Most don´t have a even team. And not all Heroes have the same Power, even maxed out. DOn´t forget that Nightingale hast the second lowest Power and a skill less. If it would have been a Platinum 7* Heckler, the Power differnce would be much smaller.

The 10* plat1 DF n 7* gold night, easily half the power difference. With this kind of matchup, isn’t this min-max. And instead of him getting penalised to matchup with a higher power team I got the penalised instead, the whole idea is to discourage min-max, which I had suggested numerous times in the forum.

1, 10* max Hero on team, therefore lowest is 8*
2, highest hero plat and lowest should be gold2

Failing to meet the above 2 basic parameters than the “batlle” button will not work.

The suggestion will lead to a more balance PVP play for all. Instead of this kind of nonsense exploit. This has been an ongoing issue ! With not rectifying action in sight.

This would destroy the game for free or low paying players.

If I would finally pull Odachi out of a crate, I couldn´t use him in a decent PvP team, untill he is 7*+. Even worse if you pull a three star hero like Halo and want to inplement her in a PvP team, you have to get 400+ energy frags and this is nothing you can pull out of the pocket just like that.

1 Like

For your own gaming pleasure ignore the whiners

1 Like

My suggestion would on the long run make the game more balanced and less frustration.

The suggested parameters will mitigate a few issues -

• running of meta
  • abuse of min-max where players will be forced to run balanced teams or if not at all

People are frustrated and leaving due to the above and some other matters.

The whole purpose will lead to better gameplay and level playing field instead of a lopsided affair.

I joined the game about 6 months ago and this was the same issue as then. Still no significant action from the devs. Min-Maxing is frowned upon then BUT. .

With the churn out of the monthly cash grabs, playing at 10-20k range is the only way for the average long time player (defined as someone who doesnt spend most of the day grinding or too high VIP level) to earn a constant stream of pvp currency. If you’re level 70, more or less you have some characters that are “min-maxed” - more or less non-meta/non competitive toons. Of course this is worse if people are deliberately min-maxing meta toons.

I’ve faced my fair share of min-max mismatches at 50k ranges and when that happens I just shrug it off and go down to 20k ranges. It’s the system. People obviously want to win. Don’t shoot the players, blame the system. Blame the inaction. It’s been 6 months and still no viable solution from the devs (a lot from the community). Join the craziness if you want.

1 Like

It’s real frustrating. Never mind that the game is grindy. PVP imbalance is frustrating. When you see a plat2 10* DF, it’s basically game over quick time.

Not forgetting the current ridiculous Ifrit/Flat meta.

Yeah, players like this

Btw he’s lvl 70, but has no hero at that lvl, all just low balling to kill easy at 30k~

1 Like

I like the devs to get their act together !!!

Why is it that each time I run a balanced team I get a mismatch ! Shouldn’t it be the other way round ? Wtf

Another nonsense matchup

I think the system should just penalize the teams with imbalanced composition and power cap based on team average. Take the average level then bring those heroes down to the average. Take the average star level then if the delta is greater than 1 star, take those down to the average level.

E.g. Kraterios team would not be penalized since all are lvl 70 and 6 to 8 stars., the other team would be playing at a lower power level. 60+ 65 + 62 +57 + 52 / 5 = level 59.2 round to 60. His stars averages 7.2, so his 9 star Mandrake would be taken down to 7 stars. Panzer would be taken down to 7 stars in addition to lowering the level 60. Flatline would be taken down to level 62. Heroes below the average won’t get buffed, only a power stepdown would happen. Now if the player chooses to mix bronze with plats, they will be limited to silver skills. If they mix plat with silvers, they’ll be limited to gold skills. After applying all penalties, they get their new “balanced” power level, then now it’s their choice to play at this balanced power level or not.

These penalties can be precalculated and shown on the team selection screen. What’s great about this is there’s precedent. They kinda do the same thing where they adjust the stats of the spotlight hero to the highest powered hero. Now they’ll just have to bring that over to regular pvp and add some more parameters to the adjustment. It’s basic math. They don’t have to implement this to regular pvp immediately. They could just add another pvp mode like the spotlight that they could alternate with free play at first, or maybe just make it available first at certain days.

This will balance teams without preventing developing players from mix and matching. Then it’s just a wait and see if there are more abuses that can be done to this system.

@Barnakol, the fact that the 2X 9* in the opposing team would power through. Silver 9* panzer is still as effective as a 7/8 * gold Panzer

The balancing still has not been improved for the last 3 months that we have brought to the attention of the devs. It’s still frak

At least it’s not a 9 star, I think the multipliers are greater at 8* to 10*. They could increase the penalties to take those lower than the average. E.g. if the team average is 7*, they use a 9 star hero, it would be taken down to 6* instead. That might be too much though. The team average is always a good start to cap hero stars and levels. If it’s still causing imbalance, then only at that point should they take further steps to the balancing system.

As it the balancing is off. Average hero stars can only be a basic guide. They can put a cap at 2* max difference between lowest and highest in addition a cap to the grades foo like plat max and gold2 minimum. It will really Tham force the player to play in their bracket and the whole gameplay will be balanced. Right now is whoever has the strongest hero is griefting.

This needs to be addressed

1 Like

When I try to min/max, I get penalized HARD…

ABE7A441-5B84-473D-84C3-F88F58D0F090 AEB1AD66-23B1-46AC-BA10-4D3958ED2620

I’m not sure how the person min/maxing vs you guys actually has the higher team power? That’s not at all how it is when I min/max. In fact I rarely face a team within 10k points of me, even when THEY are min/maxing themselves like in the screenshots. They always seem to have 10k+ points on me, sometimes as much as 15k or even 16,500 like in the second screenshot.

Now, before everyone jumps down my throat I want to point out I am largely a free player. When Panzer and Ifrit first came out I was trying to play legit matches and just losing over and over so rather than waste hearts I tried a little min/maxing. It still didn’t net me a ton of wins.

Also, as a free player, my top heroes are 10*, 9*, 8*, 8*, and 7*. It’s not this way because I was trying to min/max them, but because each avenue to gain fragments is severely limited. For instance Dog was the only choice in Gauntlet so I was easily getting15+ frags for him per day. I don’t PVP a ton so I wasn’t getting many Mandrake frags until recently. I WAS leveling Matador and Gammond in PVP as well. I was using both, but since they are now garbage I have had to focus on heroes I didn’t have very high level like Heimlock and Nightingale just to stay competitive. They are both 7* so most my team is currently 7* minus 10* Dogface and 9* Mandrake. I should not be able to play my 10* Dog either because of the limited ways to get fragments for my other heroes?

@Deathleech, you do know your opponents are not running optimised teams. Your illustration shows that a high power 10* will easily power through. The min-max is bullshit.

Min-max aside the. PVP matching is BS

Yes, I am well aware. If they HAD been running optimized teams, they should have easily beat me considering their teams are 15k points or more above mine. They were just min/maxing with crappy heroes. Matador is actually a few thousand points higher than Chesterfield, and several thousand higher than anyone else on the one team. This player was also min/maxing, Matador is just a weak hero though.

Anyways, my point was showing that when I min/max I face MUCH higher teams so I am definitely being punished for min/maxing. I beat some of these teams, but I lose probably around 50% even when min/maxing because I face such higher levels teams. When I come across a team with ANY good heroes (plat 7*+ Panzer, Dogface, etc.) I get smoked. I am not sure why others are facing min/maxers that are higher than themselves, because for me, when I min/max, I face teams MUCH higher than myself.

I do wish teams were closer to my level when I do PVP. I am running around 58k and I regularly face teams 4-5k higher. Not sure why, especially if their elemental damage trumps mine. They should fix the match making so the only time (outside of min/maxing) where you face higher teams is IF you have an elemental advantage on them. Otherwise all teams should be within 1-2k points of you tops. I see no reason for a 4-8k difference.

The only reason I can think of for this, is because there is some hidden PVP point or ranking system and it’s facing you against players with similar hidden ratings even though they are higher power level.

1 Like