May 2020 Update Notes - The Marianas Update

A Note from the Developers:

Unfortunately, due to momentary server errors, some of you got a preview of the content coming in this update. Read on for more details on what you can look forward to if you missed the accidental sneak peak!

The Marianas Update is COMING SOON!

App Store: http://bit.ly/HeroHuntersiOS
Google Play: http://bit.ly/Herohunters

May 2020 Events Calendar: https://bit.ly/3fu9bow

:sparkles: Whats New? :sparkles:

:ocean: New Hero: Marianas :ocean:

Marianas, the “Human Tsunami,” is a Frontline fighter specializing in Lifts and Damage Over Time abilities. Her penchant for creating storms to force enemies from cover, combined with buffeting winds that shred enemies outside of cover, give her foes no ground to run to.

Check out her skills here: https://bit.ly/2WslVTW

:seedling: TERRORFORMING: Marianas Skin Event :herb:

Take on the TERRORFORMING Event to earn Kelp Tokens, which will give you a chance to win the exclusive Kelp Rare Skin for Marianas!

Complete Attack on City Hall and collect Kelp Tokens:

• Level 35+ = 50 Kelp Tokens
  • Level 45+ = 100 Kelp Tokens
  • Level 55+ = 125 Kelp Tokens
  • Level 70+ = 150 Kelp Tokens
  • Level 85+ = 175 Kelp Tokens
  • Level 90+ = 200 Kelp Tokens

Use your Kelp Tokens to open Kelp Crates, which cost 200 tokens. Kelp Tokens and the Kelp Crate will expire June 1st at 12 PM PST, so make sure to use them before then!

The Kelp Crate continues the tradition of having great prizes, including Marianas’ exclusive Skin Kelp and Gilded Tokens !

NOTE: You’ll need to have a Team Level of 40 to unlock the Skins function and equip your Kelp Skin if you win it. If you win the Skin from Team Level 35-39, you’ll still own it, but you won’t be able to equip it until Team Level 40.

TERRORFORMING Skin Event starts May 25th, 2020 at 12 PM PST and runs until June 1st, 2020 at 12 PM PST

:diamonds: Platinum-6 and Ruby 0 Update :gem:

Some of you may have noticed that, due to a momentary server hiccup, some players have been able to reach Platinum-6 and Ruby-0 Grade at Team Level 95 instead of Level 100.

Though some players got there early, the intention for this update was to extend this capability to all players. We had planned for the lowered Platinum-6 and Ruby-0 requirements to be included in the upcoming May Update, but the server had a different idea. So…

Surprise! Starting TODAY, all players will be able to Promote their Heroes to Platinum-6 and Ruby-0 with a Team Level of 95, provided they have the requisite Gear items.

:star2: Gilded Festival :star2:

It’s time to celebrate! From May 14th, 12 PM PST to June 8th, 12 PM PST, we’re launching our first ever Gilded Festival!

Want more Gilded Tokens for chances at exclusive Heroes? Now’s your chance to rack them up, with more chances to earn Gilded Tokens than ever before!

Here’s what you can expect throughout Gilded Fest:

• A special Blitz Event packed with fantastic prizes, including Gilded Tokens, the exclusive Galahad Skin for Fortress, new Gilded Hero Crate Tokens, and much more!
  • The Gilded Heroes Crate, which can be unlocked with Gilded Hero Crate Tokens. Your regular Gilded Tokens won’t work here, but if you get one of these rare Gilded Hero Crate Tokens, you can open a Crate that contains only Gilded-Exclusive Heroes!
  • Increases Gilded Token rewards across Events, Bounty Milestones, Daily Logins, and more!

:sunglasses: Update Stream and Gilded Token Giveaways! :sunglasses:

Join Skathi live on Twitch on May 15th at 12:30 PM PST for a look at the new update, plus Gilded Token giveaways! Don’t miss your chance to win free Gilded Tokens!

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/herohuntersgame

:muscle: Hero Crate Contents

• Alcatraz will be available in the Hero Crate!

:twisted_rightwards_arrows: Hero Changes

FortressHeimlock image pariah Richter

Click here for details!

Fortress Fortress

Fortress is our Buff Focus for this update! Changes to his passive Skills and Weapon give him some added beefiness while increasing his ability to deal damage

• Adaptive Combat activation time reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
  • Power Coil Damage reduction increased from 10% to 15%
  • Weapon Fire Rate increased from 780 to 650 (lower number means less delay between shots)
  • Weapon Burst Fire Rate increased from 390 to 275 (lower number means less delay between shots in a single burst)

Heimlock Heimlock

We needed to operate on the good doctor this month.

• Power Drink Damage reduction reduced from 10% to 5%

image Kurtz

The KLG Commander is a little too commanding. Let’s fix that!

• Dominate maximum Stun duration reduced from 20 to 15 seconds
  • Ruthless Leader Damage reduction reduced from 25% to 20%

pariah Pariah

Now that Pariah’s stepped into the spotlight, her true power has been revealed! However, she’s a little too powerful right now.

• Cocoon Healing reduced by 50%
  • Cocoon Duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds

Richter Richter

We hope you’ll start seeing Richter at the party with these fun changes!

• Thumper Shockwave now adds a 10 second Disorient effect
  • Sonic Sunder Armor reduction duration increased from 7 to 10 seconds
  • Sonic Sunder adds a Disorient effect for its duration
  • Entrench activation time reduced from 8 to 5 seconds
15 Likes

Who in the world is copper?

Secret Hero for future !

That’s an internal code name that was included by accident. Alcatraz will be added to the Hero Crate.

2 Likes

The update looks great! Thanks for lowering the plat6 and ruby0 requirements! And that Fortress skin finally does the hero justice, well done!

(Press F in the chat for my mans Kurtz)

2 Likes

Finally now we can finish off the hero collections with missing 4*s. Hopefully Fortress will be viable as dps with his buff, he was one of my favorites starting out

The Kelp skin reminds me of Murphy. Cant wait for these nice updates to happen and hope my luck for drops happen

X1E9HRr

6 Likes

Also a note: Update will go out at the regularly scheduled time, slated for next week.

5 Likes

Thank you for the gilded festival. I look forward to taking part in that event and is a great step in the right direction for the gilded crate. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No hard mode changes again?

1 Like

How many kinds of coins do you have to put in?

HH: Yes.

6 Likes

Nice… love the updates

I get the feeling calling them anything but Gilded Hero tokens would have been a good idea… Token confusion is getting too high, over 20 different types of crate and like 10+ different tokens :joy:

Could have just called it the Golden Festival Token or just the Festival Token.

4 Likes

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: FORTRESS SKIN?!?!? YESSSSSSSSS. Thank you so much.

Now I can plat fortress without vip laughing at me XD

Absolutely amazing, thank you guys so much I really think these changes were needed and not unnecessary, great update again and love the new heroes

Is regular gear needed for Ruby or something special?

It’s all in the game. When you get there, you’ll see what you need, and tapping on a Gear item will tell you where to find it.

You’ve been here since beta! This should be second nature by now :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Yes but I’m only level 91 and I have my pris ready for plat 6 but I wanna prepare🙃

Was there a missed tweak to Marlowe? It seems her whiplash ability either travels faster, or is instant. Also, is there a reason that Rodeo Queen doesn’t trigger multiple times?
And finally, a gilded crate that doesn’t give me more Bucket shards! Praise the Sun!

1 Like