July Update Notes

I was having doubts about heronium store. This is an awesome update. But it is sad to have maven replaced with mauler and her fragments are not farmable in hard missions. They usually give a way to get fragments in hard missions after they are replaced. Is she an exception? It is not easy to get 10 stars and at least give us a way for small amount of fragments.

Wow. You write better patch notes. You highlighted the important ones.

I’m so bitter with the unannounced shifts in the PVP store. How can we participate in getting heronium if they keep changing the toons. Seems counterintuitive.

1 Like

There’s a argument to be made for having mauler in the pvp store but why on earth put cast there? Maven was the best bio damage dealer newer players had access to especially for progressing through the campaign and raids. Cast is next to useless in every aspect of the game.

2 Likes

Cast looks cool though haha

But I think they shouldnt be shifting toon farming locations without consulting the community. Remember when they deliberately removied richter? Now they removed Maven and Sentry. Sentry is an accessible PVP hero. Maven is a PVE monster (so fun but impractical to use).

I was planning to push my Maven to 10 and make her a constant source of Heronium. But well ok, nvm. Haha

Cast looks like he belongs in a fish tank! Be different if used a more human skin like this. Otherwise looks like a 70’s outdated outfit…
https://www.google.com/search?q=navy+diver&safe=active&client=tablet-android-efun&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiaoMOB3YXcAhWp5oMKHawTDqMQ_AUIESgB&biw=1366&bih=768#imgrc=mNTyLk_-MskWzM:

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. My maven was at 9* still a ways to go 230/1080 but now I guess she’ll get abondoned in favor of more focus on ghoul. I’ll be damned if I focus on cast. There really needs to be a month advance notice when changes are made like this It really wrecks our progression. Or why not just leave them there and add mauler and cast to the mix as well? It’s not like it would create an over abundance of bio frags now…

1 Like

+1 to this. It should be add more farmable toons, not remove and shift or entirely make them unfarmable.

Idea is to balance out the game so we don’t end up with a bunch of 10 star hero’s also divides levels of players into elite, Mid level and low level players.

Am I the only one that realizes that they gave an unfair advantage to long time players that players without 10* heros will never see. Now you do not get a 1 to 1 elemental frag per extra frag past 10*. I’ve been trying to get my heros to 10* to take advantage of this feature now not available. So the only reason I’ve spent money on the game is not available. It’s BS. They’ve created a feature meant to benefit the less than 1% of players that have all 10* heroes. I’m requesting a refund from Google play sure to the change in gameplay and the goal I was spending money to achieve not being available now to me that was available to ask players prior to me.

2 Likes

You get 1 on 1…

If you buy 10 frags in the PvP store from a 10* hero you get 500 heronium, this can be spend for 10 fragments any type in the heronium store.

The problem people were talking about is the limit in the store that wasn’t here before, I’m not at that point yet but I can understand the frustration a player like joker spoke about, what you are saying just isn’t true

1 Like

You can still get elemental frags from 10* heroes. Even better, you can get elemental frags from the element YOU decide, so 10* Dogface can yield you energy or bio frags.

The people without 10* or a small amount of 10* are benefited from this change. The people with lots of 10* are the ones that may see their farming power reduced.

You should read and understand correctly before complaining.

1 Like

Nobody on the case of Beck dabbing?

It was stated before the update, that´s why I´m suprised that it´s gone

I have read and do understand the update. As long as you get at least get 50 per frag over 10*, then yes you can still get 1 to 1 frags. The problematic portion of this concept it’s you can no longer power level once you reach 10*. You can only buy 60 of a select elemental frag every 24 hours drastically slowing progression. Yet top level players have had over a year to power level. That’s my issue with this. If I had known this update was around the corner I wouldn’t have wasted my money to trying to get my characters to 10*. I would have instead concentrated on getting all gold and plat and not tried to speed level heros, and spent much less money.

The problem is you spend money assuming the game will never change. But by spending money you are paying the devs to make changes. There has been a huge power gap created by the past system, the devs created a way to fix this by slowing progression. I understand the reason of this can also be to prevent players from 10*ing new characters on day one which was an issue as well. The farming gap was too high. Anyways when money is spent expect changes, if you don’t wish for changes then don’t spend your money foolishly. Nothing is forever and not all exploitable advantage will be there once you are ready to reap the benefits.

1 Like

Thanks Saiko for the information, Itd be nice if the Devs actually posted full patch notes.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Yan Long’s plat, please buff:

EDIT: Apparently there is a bug with display skill that I forgot when I did this, so ignore the numbers being reduced. But Yanlong’s plat has still been buffed without notice.

This was something I checked 19 days ago. Today I just noticed these numbers are nothing like they used to be.

New values are as follow:
Matador’s bronze: 611 (73% less armor)
Fortress’ bronze: 292 (73% less armor)
Caine’s bronze: 66 per charge (64% less armor)
Razorback’s bronze: 626 (72% less armor)
Ritcher’s gold: 1230 (51% less armor)
Ritcher’s plat: 328 (61% less armor)
Keel’s plat: 282 (68% less armor)
Cast’s plat: 89 (69% less armor)
Vanguard’s silver: 2617 (71% less armor)
Yanlong’s silver: 164 per charge (49% less armor)
Yanlong’s plat: 497 (423% more armor)

I’ll be honest. I don’t like this. I can understand patch notes not talking about some things, like cosmetics changes, new portraits, etc.

Any skill change should be documented in patch notes. Balancing the game without informing the players generates a sense of discomfort and distrust. I like Hothead. I really do. They are active, communicative, open to feedback, have good ideas, have a great support team, and I could go on.

But this? This is disappointing…

2 Likes

Pretty sure I remember seeing somewhere on another thread that all the numbers for ability descriptions were incorrect (much lower) since the update. Don’t think it affects gameplay though, only the description text.

Yeh, I just checked my own Matador and he gives 2200 armor. But my point still holds. While they didnt nerf the rest of the skills, they buffed Yanlong’s plat and didn’t say anything about it.

An undocumented buff, in my opinion, generates the same distrust. If they do buffs without telling anyone, they can also do any other change.