How do you deal with Shivs?

I pretty consistently lose to Shivs teams. I can usually at least go 50/50 with a well-constructed meta team (except Kurtz…I hate Kurtz), but no matter my loadout I probably lose to a Shivs team like 90+% of the time.

I usually attack her head on, because she’s the sole DPS on most teams I play against, and I figure if I kill her I can take the rest of the characters slowly. She’s got really good health though, and that doesn’t seem to be working. I legit don’t think I can switch tactics and kill her support before she kills all of mine - her DPS is kinda ridiculous. Not really sure what to do about it.

I usually take down one or two support before taking down shivs

1 Like

Shivs is really really good at countering solo dps teams, you need a more diverse dps roster so you can focus on the supports and have still have enough dps or another dps hero to swap to when she kills the first one.

Unless you get lucky and burst her quickly its pretty hard to out dps a shivs in a 1 on 1 fight when she has 4 supports

1 Like

:frowning: solo DPS is my favorite build strategy. That’s kind of a bummer.

If you cant beat em, join em.

1 Like

Have a biochem dps hero (Cindy and Oda are good choices) to take her out. Other good options are Hemlock (to remove her damage per second) and Kaishi ( has a chance to remove dps from himself and has good dps too

Hit her with plenty of greens.

Don’t have a Shivs :(. I’m probably going to start more seriously considering running dual DPS builds with a bio component though. Shivs is just insanely annoying, and whenever I run across the occasional Kurtz I hate him as well.

Using and controlling Mauler or Kunochi is a good way of taking her out. Use their stun skills then hammer away. Once stunned she’s rather easy to take out. I also like the idea of taking out a support or two first so you have multiple hero’s attacking her at once

Stun her with Mauler. Shoot her first with Panzer or you own Shivs. Maybe Beck. Or use many many many shields but this very slippery way. All other variants don’t work – she kill first all heroes what was named in this thread. Even Biochem.

Also her weak point is any covers (she tank but break them like mudline) and bad aiming system of her skills (when target is moving she pretty often jump on wrong heroes).

If you have Artemis, she can headshot pretty quickly. At mine, lvl 83 and plat 4, she deals 200k per headshot

Artemis is glass cannon. You may shoot Shivs with her only if your opponent don’t know about how strong Artemis is. Same with Odachi.

Artemis is a glass cannon, and she doesn’t do enough damage to make her HP worth it. Kuno is also a glass cannon, but she can tear through just about any and everyone, so it’s viable to surround her with 4 supports and roll out a single DPS build. I would never roll into a game with Artemis as my sole DPS (and yes, I have her).

I’m just a little confused on the health concern. Artemis, at lvl 84 plat 4, has 390k health. Add in her plat skill and you have 470~475k. If you then add phalanx for shield or someone who buffs health, it’s even higher

So you never seen peoples which destroy everything with maxed Artemis. With right combo she may eliminate all live things even in 3 vs 5 fights. Kuno never does this. This is just 1* hero, lol

It doesn’t matter how much health Artemis has - the question is how much health she has compared to similarly leveled characters. I’m pretty sure that Artemis has always been on the low end of the health range by that metric.

1 Like

If you wanna a lot health – play with Cast, Phalanx and Baron. Artemis is best biochem damage with default hits.

Now that I have a Shivs, I think she’s good but not insane. I think the main problem I’ve had with her is that she’s super susceptible to min maxing. If you have her as the strongest character on the battllefield and start out with an easy kill to activate her gold, you can keep her gold activated throughout the entire match and basically be an unstoppable killer.

1 Like

I use Mauler, Halo, Mandrake, Flatline and Caine. Haven’t lost against a Shiv line-up yet

1 Like

Yeah, now that I have her I see that her health is pretty bad, and her DPS isn’t really that insane (although the DPS boost she provides to Shank may very well be completely OP, if I’m running the numbers right). The reason she’s been so good in pvp is min maxing her, activating her gold and keeping her gold activated. If anything I think her damage should be brought back, but her gold should be toned down.

ETA: I’m not 100% sure that the buff Shank receives from Shivs is working. Based on how the Shivs buff is worded (+ damage, not damage per second), Shank should receive a massive, massive DPS boost since he fires 7 rounds a second - like my 6 star Shivs should triple the damage of my 5 star gold Shank, and give him a DPS that’s on par with a full honorbound stacked Ronin. I’m going to have to run some tests with alliance members, but I don’t think that’s the case.