HHG, This is what balance notes should look like! Please give us the transparency and precision that a competitive game demands!

Competitive games always have one thing in common. The interactions between different units/heroes are clear, precise, and well-documented. Players are able to plan their strategies with precision because they know exactly how their choices will affect their gameplay.

The balance notes that HHG puts out are vague, ambiguous, and largely unhelpful. For this reason, Hero Hunters will never become a popular, competitive mobile game. We as players need to know HOW things have been changed. “Increased the damage of X hero” does not come close to accomplishing this.

Take a look at Clash Royale, one of the most popular competitive mobile games on the market right now. Look at how perfectly clear and well-thought-out their balance notes are. They give exact values for each change and equally important, they give clear reasoning on every change they make. HHG has claimed recently that they never “shoot from the hip” with changes. Prove it! Show us your reasoning for each change. Explain to us WHY you changed things and HOW you changed them.

Here is CR’s balance update notes from today:

9 Likes

Also important to note here that when a unit has low usage rate (like 80%+ of HH heroes), they make it stronger! This is a dialed-in game environment in which any unit can be competitive if used well. This is what HH should strive to be if it ever wants to become a popular, widely played game.

As an active clash royal player these patch notes are clear and crisp they make sense and also are not to complicated hero hunters needs to buff hero’s with low usage rates and also get a clearer understanding of there games meta.

1 Like

I totally agree that the balance notes should be more clear. For instance the September update read for Ifrit:

Adjusted Showtime:
    Improved cooldown.
    Prevent Ability charge while Showtime is active.

Adjusted Unfinished Business:
    Reduced Heal on Revive.

These are extremely vague. Was Showtime actually buffed or nerfed? Obviously preventing it from charging while Showtime is active is a nerf, but how much was the cool down improved by? 2 seconds or 10 seconds? These things make a big difference. The same with the Unfinished Business. Obviously it’s a nerf, but how big of one? Was the hp they revive with reduced by a few thousand, or several?

Once you go into the game and look at the ability descriptions or play a few matches you can tell, but other than that there is usually no way of knowing. I also think the ability descriptions are EXTREMELY vague to begin with. Why don’t any of them tell the CD of the ability? This is a huge piece of info missing.

At any rate I don’t see Hero Hunters as a competitive game. Competitive games don’t allow blatantly OP heroes like Panzer go unchecked for a solid month, have crucial abilities with a ridiculous luck factor or 50% chance to hit.miss, AI that can make or break a match, and don’t allow things like min/max to go on for so long. The game is set up like a competitive one with the tournaments and rewards, but that’s where it pretty much ends.

3 Likes

Nailfox, I have tried to be civil with you but time and time again you utterly fail to read and comprehend my posts. It’s like you pick out one small section and then go off about it. At this point I am not sure if you are a trolling or what your deal is? I didn’t even mention nerfing Panzer as she is in this thread…

I was referring to the first month Panzer was out, before she got nerfed. You know, when the community was up in arms but HH refused to do anything? No hero should be blatantly that OP for a solid month. Hence the comment about her going unchecked for a month. Please actually read my entire post and stop jumping to conclusions before you respond to me in the future. Comment on the other 90% of my post instead of the Panzer nerf comments, which seem to be the ONLY part you ever focus on.

This topic is about “Balance Notes” to get more details when there are updates and changes, nothing else.

Which I covered in the first 3/4 of my posts. Unlike your post which literally adds NOTHING to the topic. GG?

1 Like

Guys, take it somewhere else.

2 Likes

Sorry Marsh, I will get back on topic and ignore the personal attacks that do nothing to add to the conversation from here on out.

Im honestly unable to understand why we cant get precise patchnotes. Saying “cooldown has been reduced” is too vague.

1 Like

I never understood why the cooldown is not noted in the skill description. Or why there is no exact number for Moss self damage, while it is with Heckler.

1 Like

We want players to see there were adjustments to specific aspects of a Hero and to try them out for themselves.

We found that by posting exact changes players would comment only on the numbers and rarely see how the changes affect the Hero in practice. We keep the Balance notes intentionally vague to see if the players can feel a noticeable change before they make assumptions about whether they were too much or too little.

Mmm, I’d go with the Blizzard model. Like with Heroes of The Storm. It gives you changes to the health/damage/skills with the patch notes. Like here is a character, here are the changes for a more balanced playing experience. Some might get a slight nerf and others a boost. Depends what’s going on.

If you haven’t seen them, check it out. This at least let’s you know what’s gonna happen when you play

This frustrates me a lot because they keep on telling us that they’re listening to our feedbacks but it’s been 4-5 cycles of their crappy patch notes. It’s such a disservice to the community. You can see the patchnotes thread asking for more questions/clarification and they don’t even respond. The most logical thing to do is to make it more measurable, detailed with justification to minimize confusion and for better transparency.

1 Like

Clash Royale looks like a game for kids, of course they need a grown-up to tell them everything in detail.

Burn.

And I’m ready for the flames back at me.

Are these called balance note or you are making a new game yourself

Actually I’d expect this kind of vague patch notes for a kids game, since seeing a ‘23% damage increase’ may mean nothing to a kid.

But well, the community has already expressed their desire to get extensive patch notes, and it seems is going to be the community’s job to scrap it together

Next patch I may take pictures of all skills before and after update and post the exact change log

2 Likes

The lack of skill cooldown info and per hit cooldown reduction is the biggest BS in this game.

1 Like

Wow nice to hear it’s a deliberate vagueness.

Have you tried making it clear and informative?

Mmmm - balance notes.

I tend to find that sticking my arms out and focusing on one fixed point really help me to balance. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

1 Like