Hero Spotlight: Shank

The Ifrit nerf made a bit of impact but the Flat nerf is a pure joke that barely does anything. Clear’s self-damage was never an issue to Flat and an extra 5% is laughable. Make it 30% or higher to even mean anything just like her Stay With Me (which is insanely OP even at 50% self-damage).

Having previous nerfs doesnt mean that the situation is balanced. If introducing more death/revive support then it is an indirect buff to the already OP revivers which originally needed rebalancing even pre-Shank and after the mini revive nerf.

i actually agree with your point, but beyond revives it’s tiring playing the same meta. but how does shanks health when an ally dies effect revives? and kurtz kills allies to gain a bunch of power he can’t revive anyone. and take away flatline and you’ll just have another situation like nightengale in late 2018. i guess it’s like faction fights, that don’t have flatline or drake at all, you still have a meta team rise to the top that people will take advantage of to win. and the bottom line is that you’re quick enough to beat your opponent or you’re not. as long as everyone has the opportunity to get the meta heroes then it’s an even playing field. the skills like revive are what separate this from other shooter games and i freakin love it. every meta hero falls out of fashion eventually, except for drake who is absolutely necessary to keep AI from killing off each other.

ps go look at all the skills, there’s plenty of heroes that have passive skills triggered by a hero (ally or foe) being killed. and some of those heroes are never used. oh and i doubt he’s a counter to ronin guys, we need a dps hero with some type shield to counter ronin, not a tank. use kunochi to counter ronin, she’s a great counter.

2 Likes

Revivers force you to prioritize them. Death buffers take advantage of that to kill you when you kill them. Granted Shanks is not a big death buffer apart from self-healing, Kurtz is a good example that makes you have to kill him over the usual Flat target since killing a reviver (or anyone else) will activate his crippling boosts. Now add that with Shanks or any upcoming heroes with death buffs, you will see it is a huge problem. Now if you kill non-revivers, you get 1-4 debuffs/damage effects coming your way. Kill the death buffers and you boost Flat’s Plat to boost her revives while again, boosting her other death buffers. Shanks might not be a problem, but the focus on giving indirect support to revivers while not addressing the issue is a problem.

1 Like

Oh yeah… The guy looks awesome

How long is Shanks AOE stun?

I agree. I always find myself attacking those first.

I like the design. So glad he has a weapon. One of the things that I don’t like about Forged Fantasy is the melee heroes.

I’m not to crazy about the name Shank, it rhymes with too many things. But at this stage I can’t expect any changes. :slight_smile:

I also like the diversity of the heroes we get. More robots please!

1 Like

Great hero with great skills! Let’s wait it release to give feedback in game. And guys, please, STOP ASKING FOR NERF! Increase your game play, your skills, use your mind to go around revives and you will be fine! There are 73 different heroes with different skills, spend some time reading about them and creating different metas, don’t be lazy and just copy. Devs keep doing the great work and bring more OP heroes instead of nerfs.

6 Likes

someone from facebook called him butter’s bro. If that’s the case their parents must be hungry

This should be interesting :grin:

His torso seems waaaay too long. Especially in the second picture, he looks knock-kneed as well.

Kinda as bad as Briar’s giraffe neck, lmao.

Aside from that he looks like an interesting hero. Due to his size I am guessing he’s a front liner (though Jarek is a huge mid-liner) and if so it would be a nice addition.

As to skills, please let his stun be, like, something seriously dangerous like 10+ seconds! Haha that would be great for neutralising Ronin and Kurtz.

1 Like

Butter, but is instead with the Patriots. At least, that’s what Shank looks like.

He’s with the people’s guard.

Oh, yes. I thought that was the Patriots symbol.

1 Like

Should be a good pair with Kuno, hopefully not as squishy as Jarek

Very interesting, looking forward for his release…

Isn’t it a bit tone-deaf to make one of the few black male heroes in the game an escaped convict? This is a tasteless stereotype.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s what they were going for?

Nearly all Asian heroes are depicted as some ninja/martial artist. We also have Surge who’s Indian and he invents hi-tech gadgets, and we also have Ryker who is basically a cookie cutter, modern American soldier.

And I haven’t even started on Matador who is every bit Mexican/Hispanic.

Not to mention Pris who is literally a french “Femme Fatale” as stated in-game.

So what’s your argument?

1 Like

And yet, after all this time, no Eskimo rezzer…

better pitch that to the devs.