Hero Buffs - Part 1

@bulls.eye . Thank you. I have a few questions.

1. When do these changes plan to go into effect in the next update meaning we’re on schedule for the next update as well?

2. Panzer will not be a bonused hero and if you watch her she spends 1/2 her playtime like in a timed bounty behind cover instead of shooting. So essentially she’s pretty boring to play because she doesn’t shoot and it’s a waste of playtime. I think she’s useful to have if she wasn’t she would be another throwaway useless hero which to me she’s on the brink of as she’s the only mech on her faction we had this weekend that mattered to do damage and that left us not a lot of options except to use her and be done with her and move on to better heroes to drive. She needs more improvements than just her damage, she needs more playtime shooting. What can you do about that in the name of balance? Can you make her shoot more often in an active role and still do enough damage to be equally as good as she is now without ducking… This means buff her role playing time so she not sitting 8 or11 seconds while the clock ticks away every time she hides and loads

3. The same goes for Matador he spends all day shooting with a deluxe chainsaw peashooter that yields very low damage he always has. In the name of balance why can’t you make him a bounty contender? That means at the end of the excercise his damage is equal and on par to others who shoot less but have more damage. He wastes time healing instead of shooting ok but when he does shoot it’s meaningless even when he’s bonused. When he’s bonused he clearly should be better than his mech counter parts. This should include panzer as she is. Because he heals and jumps he’s not shooting that already drops his damage. This is why he needs improvements like many others.

4. Can you do something for heroes improvements when it’s their faction month because these 2 heroes I just mentioned are done.

5. You improved an alt element hero in Everest but we still have no viable way to level them up with their element fragments that are generally unavailable except in crates. Is something going to be done or is in the works to make these fragments as available as emergy, mech, and, biochem elements have been. Will a separate universal frag box be available just for their void and astral fragsto coincide with the standard universal frags we find like in bounty rewards?

I’d like to see where we can focus on the new 2 heroes you bring a month and not 1 new hero and repairs for 10 others which I think is where we’ve been in need for years.

I appreciate that you have gotten us there and done so already I look forward to more improvements until we’re done. Thank you

2 Likes

Hello! I will do my best to answer.

1. These changes are planned to go live with the next update, yes. I’d say we’re almost on time. I will do my best to inform everyone as soon as I have any concrete info.

2. I am not quite sure if I can give an answer to this question. While I think more changes are sure to come, I cannot comment yet on what is possible and what not.

3. Basically, same answer as for 2.

For both 2 and 3, I will do my best to share the info with the team, so they have it whenever they plan to do more changes.

1. This sounds like a good idea. Not sure how easy it would be to get the timing right but I will definitely propose it.

2. I don’t have an answer for this yet but I submitted it in the form of a suggestion.

I am not sure I understand your sentence about 2 new heroes and repairs.

1 Like

I’m sorry let me slow down and clarify my thoughts.

Previously with HHG we would get 2 new heroes a month and sometimes in an update there would be some positive and negative hero changes. Which I’ll explain in a moment.

So I was saying I look forward to when the updates become routine like this again and heroes are created and made available with even some new events like if it’s for a holiday or a season event. That’s what I really look forward to down the road as things improve, which is what we’ve been used to for a long time. It’s been a stretch these past few months just getting things in-line of course and we all understand this.

That said we also have been behind with heroes in need of adjustments and improvements for a long time. With the volume of heroes that need attention, ie bugs, skill adjustments, health adjustments etc as I was previously saying some heroes had positive changes and some in my opinion had negative or unnecessary changes that were nerf to neutral at best but without a clear vision or reason for some whenever hero changes were made. Some heroes were tweaked and then tweaked and retweaked again and again instead of other heroes slated for game improvements. We never saw heroes coming up slated for improvements. And that couldn’t happen when they would roll a hero back in the garage for more adjustments over and over. This happened with Yeager and Ronin again and again so some heroes like Oro were never even considered or brought up mainly because they were unused and didn’t register popularity with activity like other heroes did.

That’s also why I mentioned to review the next factions heroes to make sure they all perform well or are up to par for good standards in damage for bounty play. This weekend we didn’t have that. In the long run this will help with new hero release adjustments that make them a top tier hero to acquire for that update release. Having a high damage baseline for non bonused heroes rises the game play depending on the element you use vs the bounty enemy which means having a good standard level will improve heroes across the board so when they are not bonused every hero counts. The only difference should be which element they are and how do they function in their skill usage vs the tanker midrange or rear bounty opponent and their counter attacks. It shouldn’t be a damage of disparity among like element faction heroes against favorable counters, where 1 hero clearly does a whole lot more damage than another non bonused hero.

Now with heroes like Oro getting adjusted finally he’s got attention he needed. That speaks volumes in what Deca is trying to achieve because unfortunately there’s more and That’s a great thing to see in oro or any other hero right now.

What I was saying was I would not like to see hero fixing to be a main thing that takes precedence over new game activities and events to where we get reduced to just 1 hero available and 10 more hero adjustments that leave no other room for other things to happen in the update instead. .

Knowing that these things will be included with the next update when the update is ready to be released negates that thought process of the vulnerability of time constraints to get these things done in time. Thank you for clarifying that concern as I’m now confident that all these things will come together for the release of the next update and so on down the road when they happen.

The reality is we have a broad base of heroes that do need fixing, improvements , and adjustments to improve our game play. This is a must for everyone who has a favorite or many favorite heroes they use just as I do. That plus improved game-play in regular events, new events, and possibly new things to come will really move the game forward along with improved update release timelines as we progress further on.

So I thank you and the Deca team for being thorough with these explanations.

1 Like

@bulls.eye
At the end of your sentences, written "5 down, 5 more to go! :wink: "

Is this means for the next update there will be another 5 buffed heroes? So we’ll get 10 buffed up heroes?
:smiley:

If so, that will be GREAT :+1:

1 Like

Poor @bulls.eye, who has to read and respond those lengthy posts :joy:

4 Likes

Next update? Who’s talking about next update. The other 5 heroes are part of this update. Keel was very clear with her news. :smiley:

5 Likes

Again, outstanding work from DECA. This is my rating on the buffs:
Caine: 10/10 well done! Pretty fun hero to use.
Revenant: 5/10
Everest: 8/10
Panzer: 7/10
Oro: 4/10

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.