Gauntlet Updates Incoming!

Another bad news. You take from free players and low VIP players possibility to beat some Guantlet events and add another way for gold sucking.

So this is how liberty dies… with thunderous applause…

It says several times that this is coming in the June update. It’s not out yet.

You are the only negative voice in this thread yet. That’s OK but I think you maybe misunderstood the information? Or did me and the rest of us misunderstand? The way I see it these are positive changes. Would you please further elaborate on how this is a gold trap that neglects low VIP and F2P players to beat some gauntlet events?

Wow, might actually come back to the game for this

He has a point though. Everyone is so excited about the quick wins coming, and the new, more challenging sectors, they didn’t seem to notice the new sectors will require gold to access.

This seems similar to the sta/skill point/cash trade reset changes a few months ago. At first they seemed beneficial, until we saw the actual gold cost. They increase the gold cost for everything which was actually detrimental to most players unless you were doing 3+ resets of each per day. Most people were doing 1 or 2 though so it actually costs more gold.

Of course it depends on the good cost, but I could see that part being just another cash grab by HH. Depending how much good it actually cost will determine that though (I’m expecting 20 good or more per token).

3 Likes

100 quick win?!? What a joke I can barely keep the ones I have now

1 Like

Sounds great. Thanks devs.

Deathleech already say this. Before upcoming update we have absolutely free Guantlet. And even free players may save 1extra refresh. This action give a chance to completely beat Guantlet events where you need pass all 3 levels of 5 sector with new hero. After upcoming update all this peoples don’t have any chance beat this events. Because system always will auto use all your tries. Plus peoples now must spend gold for access to new content.

Also – after VIP player reach 10 VIP they have full free extra content. After upcoming update they need spend gold to access to their previleges too. Another word they buy possibility to make another buy. This is ridiculous as for me.

2 Likes

You will eventually reach a point where you have more quick win tickets than you can count. I have 35.000 of them and I use hundreds each week. They just keep flowing in. Help.

1 Like

I can’t see how making the Gauntlet 1 - 5 less time-consuming and adding additional content that you can pay gold to access a bad change that will affect any player in a negative way. I look forward to playing the new Gauntlet because it sounds really good. If it proves to be as bad as you suspect I will give the developers my feedback to reflect this.

3 Likes

Your correct it,is up to the player if they want the next level with their gold. HH not making,anyone use,their,gold,to,play gaunlet just the ones who want to.

2 Likes

No true if you actively use all your stamina daily. I am around VIP 5 or 6 and am running out of them. I end up using >100 in a day.

2 Likes

@BigWhite, Gauntlet will function as it does now. Low and High VIP players will be able to compete at the exact same level as before.

Previously, Gauntlet offered you one “reset” per day. And you choose when you could use it. This meant if you only completed part of a Gauntlet one day you could finish it on another and then reset. Being able to carry over progress is the main change here. But the amount of Gauntlet a player could do in 48 hours (for example) should work out to be the same, assuming regular play.

To help us improve our future messaging and clear up anyone else’s misunderstanding (including our own), can you explain what part of the message lead you to believe we were taking something away?

@Deathleech. The new Sectors are entirely optional. The 5 sectors everyone has access to will pay out bucks as they did before. Again, we’re not taking away anything from Gauntlet. These new sectors do cost Gold. It will be a small amount and it creates a Risk/Reward for players willing to risk a bit of gold for more Bucks. We’ve tried to do our best that the extra Gauntlet sectors, when completed, are worth the Gold. There is no “cash-grab” here. But it’s possible I’ve missed something and we can correct it before we release the feature, what part of the extra sectors do you see is unfair?

I should also add that we have the ability to give out Gauntlet Tokens from other events, so Gold will not be the only means to get them.

Previously players could only do 2 runs per day, if they were VIP 10. The change here is that we will no longer be punishing VIP 10 players by forcing them to spend more time fighting through Gauntlet for their added perk.

9 Likes

@Huginn I just want to say that I’m absolutely thrilled about all of the gauntlet changes. I’ve been critical of a lot of changes that have happened in the past, but I honestly can’t find a single thing to criticize about this.

With respect to the gold-spending… What a lot of players seem not to understand is that money has to be spent somewhere or the game ceases to exist. And given that inevitability, I’d much rather see it being spent somewhere unobtrusive (like a couple extra gauntlet sectors) than in more problematic areas like gating new heroes behind a pseudo-paywall. While I do consider some design decisions to come across rather ‘pay-to-win’, I don’t at all think that this is one of them.

Overall - I can’t overstate how happy I am with this. It’s been such a long time coming and I’m excited to see its execution sometime in the next few weeks.

12 Likes

I had no issues with running the gauntlet everyday in the past. I did take issue with the changes to the store, from the may update.
How does one justify “fixing” a feature that isnt broken, and utterly ignoring an unpopular, easily remedied mistake?
Smoke and mirrors my friend.

1 Like

You mean arguably the single most requested change in the history of Hero Hunters? That feature? You’re delusional if you don’t see the merit here.

Also - What you’re talking about is not relevant to this topic at all. Please keep the spam to a minimum.

1 Like

The single most requested change? Requested by whom? If you paid any real attention to the forum, you’d see that aside from the problems with the ingame chat, (still broken, as far as I’ve experienced) very few posters seem satisfied with the changes to the pvp and gauntlet stores.
The concern over avarice among the upper crust of developers is very real, and very rational.
Believing that the only opinion that matters is your own, is not.

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Pips in my chat

It’s hard to say without knowing the actual gold cost and the rewards. Those weren’t mentioned at all. I feel like that is usually a bad sign. Not only that, the last change with the multiple resets was a change for the worse (for most), when initially it was seen as something beneficial.

When you have the bucks exchange that costs 25 gold for less than 90k cash (not even 2 skill points at level 90), it’s hard to imagine the Gauntlet tokens will be worth it. I could be totally wrong though, and I hope I am. I just hope we don’t see something ridiculous like 50 gold per token and all you get is 200k extra cash.

2 Likes

Nice work on this devs. Never had issues with gauntlet but I know many have and even if you didn’t mind running thru gauntlet day after day this will be a nice change. Thanks again

3 Likes