Deadend mission 5-8 extreme

So, I have been stuck on 5-8 extreme for almost a year now. I’m in an alliance where fellow comrads have passed the mission with ease using the same heroes that I have been trying with but with much weaker power. I am beginning to ask myself if I am being targeted because I have paid money to upgrade heroes and advance in missions to be able to continue to enjoy this game. The problem now seems to be, the stronger I make my heroes the harder it gets and the quicker I am being killed. SEVERAL, I repeat, SEVERAL other members of the alliance are completing the mission with ease with MUCH WEAKER heroes. I am one of the strongest of the alliance and for some reason I’m starting to think this is a hook, line and sinker to obtain more money from me to be able to pass this mission at some point. I am using the replicating team that MANY MANY OTHER members used very recently to pass it. THE MORE I TRY, THE FASTER I DIE. Something has to give here.THE STRONGER I GET, THE HARDER THE MISSION BECOMES. I’m at a point of giving up on this game for this very reason. DEVS, PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS!!!

It is my understanding that the extreme missions get progressively harder. So when you passed 5.7 with a stronger team than others, 5.8 got harder for you. I guess it’s supposed to push you to make stronger teams. I’ve been stuck on the same level too… Let me know when you clear it, I’ll try the team😁

1 Like

I passed 5.7 almost a year ago. 5.7 is easier than 5.6. The problem with 5.8 is that the stronger I get to try to beat it, the harder the mission becomes. Every time I have leveled up all the suggested heroes to try and beat it, the quicker I fail each time. My friends in the alliance that are level 97 heroes with Ruby and Ruby +2 and +3 heroes passing the 5.8 mission at ease where I am dying quicker with every attempt using level 100 and Ruby +4 and Ruby +5 heroes. That doesn’t make sense at all.

The reasons you might be failing may be heal block for one such.

1. Sapphyr in wave 3
    Callidus
    In wave 2 you have 4cep and Alvarez.
    But, in wave 2 you have artemis. Artemis can easily destroy your cover.
    The key to passing this mission is to learn why you lose, Nd improvise. Did you get killed by Alvarez locking everyone out? Then take him out first or second. Is it Artemis her bronze skill? Stagger her and cancel it.
    Find your problems and solve them.
    Now, i’m not just going to tell you this and move on. I have an old video for this mission. And i also have ideas for newer heroes.
    Here is the link https://youtu.be/UgJAV5gCivY

Now. I will tell you about my own experience in this mission. Wave 1 is easy, i use wave one to prepare an immediate stun, think of Voltage for example. I really recommend her here.
Then i want to finish wave 1 by controlling Serial. I want my shield ‘ready’ and my silver ‘active’.
I enter wave 2 with the shield active already. Prepare as much as you can.
Now the problems to me in wave 2 were:
Alvarez. Locks you out and healblocks. Alvarez gets his bronze instantly if you kill some other enemy. Now, the easiest solution to him is to kill him immediately, or, stun first and kill him after the stun.
2. Artemis. Arty quickly destroys cover with her bronze skill. I merely stagger her. But that isn’t possible with most teams because she is invisible. However, when Serial crits for the first time he staggers. So just shoot her until she stops, then ignore her.
3. 4cep. Cep healblocks. I simply ensure he is in his last stand, focus on other things, then finish him off when he is revived.
Wave 3
I enter this with a Voltage stun preferably. In the stun time you HAVE to kill Sapphyr. And once she is done you kill the enemies on the catwalk, OR, you destroy their cover and focus on the ones below.
Reason is, that the angle plus cover makes your team waste bullets which in return means you don’t get bronze skills and damage.

The ultimate team i recommend is:
Nyx, Fiber, Serial, Voltage, crazy dps. Can be Bypass or verrill preferably

1 Like

Robert,

First of all, thank you for spending the time to respond to my “blog”. I will look deeper to see into what you said into passing the mission and for the most part a lot of what you said, I have already focused on. My team that I have tried using is equally powerful of not higher than the team you displayed in your video and have used many variations of the suggested team you ended the reply with. But there are a few things that you have shared in your reply that I didn’t think about and has sparked interest in giving it another go when I get home this afternoon. I appreciate the detailed help and will follow up on my results. Thanks again.

1 Like

Always here! Glad i can help! If you still struggle i will dive deeper into your roster and see what exactly i can do. I beat it with a different team just a while ago. And even with that i dare to say it must be one of the hardest ones out there now. I will share that video as well

1 Like

Ok here’s where I’m at Robert. These are some of the teams I’m using to follow exactly like your videos as well as your descriptive suggestions. Still getting killed even faster now and can’t even make it past wave 2 trying to replicate your play in the video/s. I’ve hit wave 3 many times and came close to beating it with 1-2 heroes left on the bridge but since I’ve improved a hero or 2, now it’s even harder. :man_shrugging:

Update: Barely making it to wave 2 now. It’s getting worse the more I try the recommended strategy. This just isn’t right man. Went from almost beating it to barely making it to wave 3 to barely to wave 2 and usually getting wiped out wave 1 for the most part. The stronger I get, the faster I get wiped out.

You need some sort of a frontline to absorb damage/distract when serial is not active with his skill, otherwise you will get pummeled. Try adding hivemind as your fifth spot. Not everyone will utilize the same strategy so you’ll have to keep trying. Sometime, its the journey and not the destination that is most rewarding.

2 Likes

I’ve tried with Hivemind too. Like I’ve said the teams above were only a few out of a dozen or so that I’ve tried. But that being said, thank you for the response and the advice. I think you have a point about the frontline and if I remember right, I got a bit farther doing so but unconsciously weaned away from the frontline. I’ll try again at some point soon by putting all the advice I’ve received together and figure out the puzzle. I do Appreciate everyone’s input. That speaks volume as individuals taking the time to help a fellow player.

Is there a specific order the heroes must be in? I noticed in previous extreme missions the heroes had to be in order a certain way from number 1-5?

1 Like

It’s not neccesary. But i found Richter to be targeting Serial with his taunt, his bronze doesn’t kill him but my Voltage always being next to him got her killed instead. So by swapping Volt out for another midlaner i got her to spawn elsewhere and not die by that. Depends on the problem

1 Like

Top position is most important as thats whos skills you want to use first. So for example, youll want to put fiber in front so that she can cast hack the world immediately. Then put serial nearby as youll then want to switch to him immediately most likely. Its really a matter of preference the rest of the way, but i hope that helps.

1 Like

Use fiber, serial, hive, shank and alvarez. Key is to keep spamming skills and breaking cover. Try and time serials shield and clip for the start of each wave.

1 Like

Wow, ok. This is the first time I’ve heard about using Alveraz but I’ll try it. I appreciate the input and suggestion. I’ll follow up when I get time to put in some more attempts. Thanks again Craig.

No problem at all. Let me know if you’re struggling. My in game name is EDWARDSCISSORWOLF drop me a message and i will try help you.

1 Like

Ok, I added you as friend. I’ll follow up when I get time. Thanks

WISINSKI74

No worries, you should join the discord HH discord aswell if not already. There is planety of help in the extrmeme channel that will come in handy.

2 Likes

Ok I finally beat it. I put this team on auto and it took several times with only Fiber surviving. Thanks everyone but now I’ll have to face trying to 3 star.

But here is the team.

Ok tried auto again with this team and got 2 star this time. :grin:

1 Like