Can we have a strong bio DPS?

Legit I don’t think there are any great bio DPS heroes, and I also think bio is missing something as a group.

It feels like mech has the best DPS heroes and maybe the best healers. They’re the straightforward, pure power option.

Energy probably has the strongest overall abilities, between shielding (Butters, Min and Vanguard are all viable), summoning ability (really, Castellan is the only viable hero that can do this, but Hivemind, Xianju and Hallway all come to mind), and other cool abilities like Flatline’s revive. Energy gives you the coolest abilities, but it takes a while to get all of it going.

Bio’s theme would probably be some form of disabling, which would in theory be a perfect counter to mech’s damage output. However, bio doesn’t have any great disablers since Mauler was nerfed. Not only that, but the best disablers from the other groups (Frank the Shank and Alvarez) probably outclass them at this point. I don’t think they have the best abilities, they don’t have the best DPS; I struggle to think of anything that makes bio a really cool group. Bio really needs some love IMO.

1 Like

Wait, what? Maven’s skills are terrible in pretty much all game modes. Unless you have someone to root, they are easily dodged. That can be said about any similar abilities. Even in PVE the AI easily dodges the abilities. The only place they are decent is Gorgon Wake’s because the Gorgon doesn’t move much. Even then other heroes burn it down much faster.

I would like to see Maven’s silence sped up, or insta land. That would at least make her decent in PVP, even with the low health. Then she could silence heroes and also do decent DPS, while still being squishy.

Yeah, Maven’s DOT is ok, but the silence skill really could use being homing, like Phoenix’s skill, since it misses almost like 100% of the time, to bring it to term

Yeah, all of the area denial skills are pretty meh IMO. You need to wait for the ability to actually charge up, then you need to use it on a rooted or slowed opponent. There’s too much that has to go right for it to actually score a knockout, while someone with a strong DPS hero just has to, you know…shoot a gun. I think they could be improved by like, doubling the size of damage area, so a hero has to roll twice to get out of it, or something like that. That way the character has to spend time moving, and is actually likely to take some damage.

I’ve been running with a Wesson team (Wesson, Ryker/Panzer, Butters, Night and Heim). So far, I’m pretty underwhelmed. I haven’t leveled him or Ryker to 6 stars yet (they’re each at 5) so I’m withholding final judgment for now, but it seems like just an okay team. Death mark takes a while to come online, his plat boosts his damage but not by a ton (by my calc, his plat boosts his damage by about 30% when I have 3 other UAF heroes), and even when I have death mark up, there aren’t a lot of strong DPS options on the team to take advantage of it.

The UAF thing is pretty underwhelming. It does take a long time for death mark, Oracle’s skills, and 4 Hivemind drones, to come online. When I play them, many times Butters dies quick and it’s all over even quicker from there. But, if Butters manages to get his shields online . . . allowing you to survive until death mark/orbital bombardment . . . because death mark insta-regens upon a kill . . . it’s like playing a team that starts awful, gets stronger very slowly, then stronger exponentially.

Yeah, at the end when you’re casting death mark after death mark it goes pretty fast, but most games go fast enough when you’re playing 5 on 3. The problem is getting there, and Wesson is just…okay at it. I could see him being a much better character after more UAF heroes are released, but at the moment I don’t think there are enough synergies within UAF to field a balanced team.

So you were playing your’s with Night…I can’t do that because my Night is max level (other UAF’s are not) and it would be super-min-maxing (i.e. a matchup level penalty). But you’re saying even with Night they still don’t survive long enough to make it to death mark?! Sheesh.
I wouldn’t say my UAF United team is tier-1, but it wins at least like 40% of the time, which I am okay with. Also though, as we discussed, in the higher bracket, I am accustom to a lower win rate than you are, especially when playing Tier-2/Tier-3 teams.

I’ll usually survive long enough to make it to death mark, but it’s a dicey proposition from there out. Death mark usually comes online in around 20 seconds, which is forever in PVP time (my other good teams end about 70% of matches in ~30 seconds). I can usually get one kill in with death mark, because I’ll use it on the guy Wesson’s been attacking for 20 seconds, but after the first kill, I’m staring at 4 enemies with pretty close to full health, and the second death mark usually doesn’t chain. At this point, if I’m playing a decent team they’re about to kill my Butters, and it starts to get dicey after that.

I think the difference is my UAF has Wesson/Hivemind/Oracle/Halloway/Butter: So the Hivemind, Halloway are building up in strength while Butter and Wesson’s Plat help get them to death mark. That, and Oracle’s bombardment coming online late game, means if we make it to death mark, we’ve probably won. In contrast, your Panzer explodes in DPS right at the beginning, then whittles out. Your Ryker doesn’t get stronger over the match either. I think the UAF team is really a slow creep up kind of thing. However, my team would likely be improved by something that adds staying power from the beginning, like Min, Phalanx, or Heimlock. Maybe you should try Wesson, Butter, Heimlock, Halloway, Oracle/Night, that way the Halloway becomes a finishing move at least. Death mark attracts fire from all drones, and clones was my thought.

Yeah, I agree that I need some sort of finisher outside of Wesson. I’ve thought about using Halloway or Hivemind, but the problem is that I’d tilt very heavily into energy, at which point I’d be extremely, extremely vulnerable to Panzer or any other big mech DPS.

Oracle might disorient that unit off the bat, Night might save him. Energy tilt has always been a problem for UAF. It ain’t perfect. I pilot butter and even try to destroy the DPS’s cover for that extra second of stagger off the bat.

The thing is that I have two teams that are 90%+ win rate, and I run out of time before I run out of hearts. Any other team that I build out has to have a 90%+ win rate for me to be interested in fielding them. Gotta be perfect or real near, ya know?

Do you spend gold on reviving dudes, I’m curious? Because I mostly either turn that gold into cash for skill upgrades, or quick win tickets.

I usually do run out of hearts before the 10pm (or is it 11pm) refresh. I almost never run out of hearts before the 10/11am refresh unless I have the day off or something and play intensely all morning.

What are these two teams if you don’t mind sharing? I’d like to try them out as long as my heroes are sufficiently equal in level for it to be decent.

Sent you a PM. Trying to keep the secret sauce secret for now, lol.

The biggest UAF issue is they don’t have any stand out heroes when used alone. Panzer and Night are decent enough, but other than that the rest are B or even C level. You can’t create a team around weaker heroes like that and hope to win, even if you get a marginal team buff.

Also, Shiv and Panzer can kill all of their energy heroes extremely fast. Being front or mid line and energy vs shotguns means Butters, Halo, and Hivemind die extremely quick. Depending on power, I can almost take out or can take out Halo and Hive with a single shotgun round + abilities on Panzer.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.