Can we have a strong bio DPS?

Have you seen Cinder? She can KO an entire team if you destroy enough cover. Pair her with a platinum baron or matador and shell receive such a huge damage buff.
Astrix does a lot of damage if you protect her. Yes, her skills are dodgable, but that situation has never happened before, usually
There is a lot of bio DPs in the game, even Mandrake is dealing a lot of heavy blows (he’s at 10 star BTW). When he goes stealth and hits an enemy after most of the time he KOs them or rips off their health. Mauler can keep whittling away at an opponents health, occasionally disorienting or even stunning them, his skills do considerable damage.
Maven at plat deals ok damage, but like some people have said she doesnt deal ibstan damage and her skills are easily dodgable.
Scum, while his weapon takes forever to reload if enemy is rooted you can deal a ton of damage that accunulates while also healing scum
Phoenix, don’t forget her bronze skill, that can accumulate to a KO if left alone.
A fully buffed Francoise can deal a lot of basic weapon damage with critical hits, and also provide the same effect to allies
Kaishi deals OK damage to single targets, but I agree he doesn’t deal enough
Artemis, she’s rare yes, but each shot deals over 100k damage at plat and her skills can improve damage or fire at multiple enemies with random effects.
Unfortunately don’t have Lancer yet so can’t judge.
What I need right now is a DPs energy hero that’s relatively easy to farm, like surge or sentry.
What I think we need is more heroes to penetrate shields, right now only Anvil and Yanlong have abilities to counter shields. A bio anti shield would be great, like some sort of corrosive poison hero that melts shields. Problem is most shielders are energy so…

3 Likes

Yes, re Anvil and Yanlong and need for more shield breakers.
No, re Mandrake deals a lot of damage.
There is another counter to imba mech like Kurtz though, disabling them (even with an energy hero like alvarez or flatline). If you use a support hero with a passive-support ability to disable a DPS hero without a passive-support ability, that’s a good trade-off.

Oh i got a energy dps hero. its Heckler

Do you use Heckler’s legendary skin? It’s like a very modest damage buff for a big defense loss. I want to know.

I use him with the legendary skin. His skill burns th
ou bio chem heros

Yeah I know. So you find the trade-off worth it? I feel I don’t.

1 Like

it dosent rerally matter about the damage he does to himself. i can just get helm lock, nightgale, or keel

Oda is one of the best anti-mechs in the game, but you need to pair him with a good hero. I like to pair him with Oracle, especially, her plat helps cut enemies to opportunist range, and her orbital works well with caltrops.
As for the other bio dps:
Cinder is good if enough of the field is destroyed. Good with Keel,Mats,or Baron
Mauler is good, if with Caine or Ifrit.

2 Likes

Astrix and Kaishi are the best bio dps hands down.

Does Kaishi actually do good damage? I’m so underwhelmed by his skills that I haven’t bothered to level him.

I agree Odachi could probably use some work. His damage is ok, but nothing amazing and he is pretty squishy. I would rather use Astrix over Odachi any day of the week. If he had just a little more damage or health that could easily change though.

Mauler is an annoying hero to play and play against. The random nature of his stuns means a match is left up to pure, dumb luck more than usual. I don’t want to see him gain more random stun chance, I would rather see his damage or something else slightly buffed.

Lastly, as others have mentioned, Cinder is actually a really powerful hero. Sure she takes some time to ramp up, but with a good cover breaker like Matador she gains power fast. She also has pretty decent health so she can last awhile. Maven is absolute garbage due to her squishiness and how easy her abilities are to dodge.

So that leaves Mauler, Odachi, Astrix, and Cinder all as decent bio DPS, with Astrix and Cinder being the top. Mech only has Shiv, Kurtz, Dogface, and Panzer? Kurtz and Shiv were the best, but with Shiv getting a pretty large damage reduction I can see her falling off the radar. Dog has also fallen off the radar. I suppose you could include Kunoichi in that list, but she is also REALLY squishy.

Energy only has Siren, Ronin, and Halo as commonly used DPS, and Halo is more a support that amplifies damage from others. Hecklar is almost never used due to his squishiness, and Cast is more of a tank than a real damage dealer. There are 4-5 “DPS” heroes for each element so I feel like it’s pretty fair right now.

1 Like

Yeah I have him too but he’s too hard to farm fragments (obviously). I want an energy 10 star hero to complete my 10 star team.
I also don’t use him that much because he’s very easy to kill/die and I get staggered so much when I activate his damage boost that I don’t pull off much damage or the game decides to lag for some reason.

Kuno is a very, very viable DPS. Yes, she is insanely squishy, but her damage is so high that you can surround her with 4 supports and make it work. If you activate her bronze and silver, she can hammer through Butters’ shield and kill a tank in maybe two clips. She has the best sustained DPS in the game.

I think my problem is that both energy and mech have heroes that can smash you in the face right out of the gates and mess up your chances of getting into your long run meta. Want to use Castellan or Butters and shoot rockets at me behind a gigantic shield? Well, Panzer and Kuno can kill them in the first 15 seconds, so you better have a backup plan. Want to use Drake and play hide and seek? Ronin (and probably Commando - that guy looks like he’ll be really good) will melt his face off.

Bio doesn’t have that ability, especially against people who use Kurtz and hide him behind 4 supports (which, frankly, is the most OP bullshit in the game). Yea, Cinder does DPS, but not in the first 15 seconds, and after 15 seconds, people can start throwing up gigantic shields and heals that really slow her down. Odachi is…okay. He’s on the edge of viable, but ultimately he’s not. Astrix is great, but she isn’t going to do her thing for a while.

1 Like

Does anyone have a leveled-up Kaishi at the same level as a few other DPS characters? I’d be interested in seeing how his base stats compare to someone like Kuno. Maybe his Initiate is exactly what I’m asking for. Duelist does seem to make him the anti-Kurtz.

My Kaishi is level 90, 8 stars, Plat no bars, 5/6 items equipped.
My Beck, Heckler, Wesson, Elite Rifleman, Ryker, and Bolt are identically situated. I don’t have any other “DPS heroes” at the exact same level. Do you want any of these stats? Which stats?
Grasher, I have been enjoying reading the in-depth analysis you have been doing on individual heroes lately such as Savage. It’s good reading.

Thanks! My fiance thinks I get way too obsessed over random things, which is probably true, but at least someone enjoys it, lol.

I think Kaishi should be pretty comparable to beck, the rifleman and heckler. What is his health compared to theirs? How about his DPS (what his gun icon says he does per second as compared to what they do)? What added damage does his initiate do compared to his gun (does it add like 25% damage to each shot)? It seems like you can use initiate for basically one clip, mayyyyybe two, so it seems pretty important that initiate + one gun clip = one death, otherwise he’s not a very good DPS character.

Incredible Hulk should be a strong BIO, because he’s GREEN. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Kaishi: 305,852; 36,789
Beck: 397,702; 48,608
ER (oops, he’s plat2): 420,000; 32,558
Heckler: 426,310; 36,982
Wesson: 378,219; 36,471
Savage: 607,834; 18,995

Initiate lv 90: 62,833 bio damage and 4,421 damage boost.

1 Like

Man, Kaishi’s stats are pretty bad. I cant believe he has even less health than Heckler. He’s gotta be at that Kuno level of glass cannon, except he can’t keep up the damage the way she can.

Initiate charges in less than one clip