Broken Heroes

Hardscope’s gold was tweaked about 3 months ago, it’s only three seconds now for bonus damage

And the crit team with Mauler, Moss, and Caine is devastating. I also like to throw Castellan in there along with Phalanx to add survivability, all plat, but I might replace Phalanx with Beck for some nice mech damage

I’ve run into Gammond being a tank or being an easy kill. Hard to say at times. As for Hivemind, he can be hard with his drones. If you ignore him or his drones you take constant damage. Like my Hivemind will die quickly if no drones are out. Once you get some out if not all, then he becomes harder to kill

This is my view on broken Heroes, all the following comments is intended for the following setup of that hero:

• 10 star
  • LvL70
  • Platinum
  • Maxed all skills
  • Playing 70K+ power in PvP
  • Against a normal good opponent in PvP at the same level.

You will today then meet a team with normally:

• 1-2 Reviving Heroes (Ifrit/Flatline)
  • 1 Booster/Shielder Heimlock/Phalanx
  • 1 additional healer/support Nightingale/Keel/Caine/Mandrake
  • 1-2 high damage dealers Panzer/Dogface/Odachi.

This is then opponents with 350k-900k health on each Hero and 3-4 Heroes who can heal and protect the damaged Heroes almost ongoing so you will have a window of 2-5 seconds to fully kill 1 hero before the hero is back at almost full health and your back to the beginning again, and you normally need to kill 2-3 heroes 2 times first before you break the revive barrier.

Broken PvP Heros who I feel need a reduction to avoid the endless boring game of outsurvivng the opponent until you get a Tie or die of boredom (reason why a lot of strong players have stopped playing the game or PvP):

1. Ifrit: Reduce the timer Revive from 15 to 20-25 seconds, will then give a higher chance to break the revive and slightly reduce the Disorient from 10 down to 8 seconds. Will still be a great player to have in any PvP team.
  2. Nightingale: Reduce her health by 15%, she is a great healer but should be made more of glass than today, she should not have higher health than Sapphyr or Odachi as examples.Increase her time to charge up a heal Pulse with additional 1-2 second as well.

Broken PvP Heros who I feel need a boost to be able to kill an opponent with high health before it gets healed. There are also a lot basic damage upgrades for heroes which are never used actively today and can give us a even more versatile battles than over and over meeting the same heroes:

1. Panzer: Revert the cover damage to what it used to be, she is using a shotgun and is a midline attacker and will normally need to destroy the cover before getting any damage done. The important first heroes you need to kill is normally backline on a higher altitude so you can seldom do any damage before the cover is gone. Again this is with the premises I set in the beginning of this post with 70k+ matches where the heroes have high health and there are 3-4 healers around. This might feel different for some at 50k or lower matches.
  2. Gammon: Improve his Healing pr second with 10%, Make Kill Shot hit several heros if they are in a small area, and make his Last Stand twice as strong (10000 matches and this skill might help win 1 fight before)
  3. Razorblade: Improve his damage by 20%, he is a bulk of meat today.
  4. Matador: Improve his damage by 20% or his healing ability, he is a bulk of meat today.
  5. Sapphyr: Improve her damage with 20%, she should be a proper energy glasscannon
  6. Clyde: Improve his damage on Dirty fighting with 150% and reduce the time it takes from activating to he shoots with 1/2 the time.
  7. Fortress: Improve his recharge with 30% more health pr second.
  8. Kunochi: Improve her base damage with 15%, she should be a proper glasscannon, not just cannon fodder.
  9. Richter: Improve his base damage and double the damage on Thumper Shockwave
  10. Pris: Improve her base damage and increase Beguile damage with 50%
  11. Ryker. Improve his base damage
  12. Galante Improve his strafe damage with 50% and Jouste damage with 50%
  13. Beck: Improve her Disabeling shot with 200% more damage and her frag grenade with 50% more damage
  14. Moss: Reduce his time to charge up healing skills with 10%
  15. Elite Rifleman: Improve his base damage with 30% and both his Hot Shot and Scatterfire with 50%
  16. Bolt Reduce his reload time with 70% or let him have 3 bolts pr reload
  17. Vanguard Let his Protect start with 40% charge in start of battle
  18. Steele: Improve base damage with 30%
  19. Francois: Improve her healing to other heroes with 100%, increase her damage with 30%
  20. Oro Improve his Caber Nuke and Meltdown damage with 50%.

These changes would help us to use other heroes in PvP than the common 10 being used today, it would also help reduce the time it takes to break (if you can) the endless healing/reviving scenario which have for many strong players made PvP boring.

And once again: Re-balance the potential PvP gems earned pr fight with the increased lenght of the PvP matches today. This is more valid for 50-75k matches due to the health of each hero combined with Healing/reviving than for the matched below 40k which has less healers and a lot better Health/Damange ratio than the high lvl matches so the fights there should normally be over a lot faster.

5 Likes

I like a lot of your suggestions! Especially the Vanguard and Bolt ones you suggested! For some of the heroes though, the problems are with the abilities themselves rather than changing a few percentages. I still have no clue what Francois is suppose to be on the battlefield. Her active abilities say healer while her passives and weapon say damage.

An interesting change I’d like to see to Francois is taking her silver, arguably the worst skill in the game for PvP, and make it somewhat interesting and focusing her more as a tank style hero.

• Give her immunity from stagger/knockback for 3.5 seconds and a taunt for 5 seconds. Therefor shes guaranteed to at least gain the bonus health with a high chance to gain the extra attack damage without being totally useless while channeling.

• Move the first part of her silver to her new gold passive, change it to whenever she blocks a status effect or a stagger during her Take a Swig she heals for a set amount of health either for her and another ally.

Or if they wanted to go down the damage route with her instead:

• Change her bronze Invigorate to be a self cast ability, lower the time limit but keep a relatively low consistent heal

• Make her silver a completely different skill. I don’t really have a good idea that would be good for a damage one right now but anything better then what she currently has.

• Also make her gold passive change slightly. Instead of the heal she gets on a crit, each crit extends her bronze heal by a certain amount.

1 Like

I feel like if you gave hivemind his taunt drone at 100% at the start of a mission it would change virtually nothing for pve but give him a bit more of a PVE edge.

Does anyone know if Holloway clones proc halo? I feel his damage needs to be boosted a bit and his clones needs to absorb a greater share of his damage for that skill to be good. If you have to build up being a tank, it should be better then any other normal tank.

I think Oro definitely needs to be boosted. He was for a long time my main energy damage dealer but ultimately he dies to quickly( being at the frontline doesn’t help). I think they have tweaked him a bit so he dosen’t instantly kill himself with his gold ability but it’s still not good. Maybe when he’s below 25% health he dosen’t only deal damage to himself but also the opponent.

Plain and simple.

HH, Hire this guy and the game survives…

1 Like

@Nailfox , agreed for 99%

Oro also needs a health bonus(probably hivemind to), they are tanks, easy to hit, but die off instantly at the start.

On Nightingale I disagree, I think the problem right now is the endless revive wall that makes Nightingale shine, but if you take ifrit away Nightingale is nice but she dies off really quick, she already had a few healing nerfs, and if you’re going to compare the health she gives right now it will become less then matador and gammond, who at this point doing heal.

For the rest amazing comments on the hero’s, keep them coming!

I think if Hivemind plat skill was starting the match with a defender drone out and with a shield equal to its health that lasts 3 seconds, it would balance him for PVP a bit without affecting PVE at all.

1 Like

Off the top of my head.

Kunoachi - Flurry of knives, all 3 blades can hit and still the enemy is not stunned. Also her accuracy is terrible, cannot hit Rear line heroes hardly at all.

Fischer - Needs major love to become useful. Very poor technician, Tether trap needs a much faster casting velocity and charge quicker.

Galante - Needs much higher Damage or Rate of Fire to become any use at all… Like 50% faster.

Elite Rifleman - lol

Artemis - Greater HP required or Special ability (Can only take Max damage of 10% per bullet/special)

Also I like the idea of having a ‘pet’ spawned at start already.

Hivemind/Hardscope have a drone out to start, Halloway have a Halo out at start.

I really don’t think this would upset the balance too much They’re dire without their pets and most of the time killed fast before they can spawn anything.

Well since we are throwing in our suggestions for balance, here mine go:

Nerfs

Panzer - lower magazine size to 16 or even 14. This would significantly lower her burst without affecting her overall damage too much. Heroes still die incredibly quick to her in the first 5-10 seconds of a match, especially if they are energy. She is the reason the Ifrit/Flatline combo is so powerful, because she’s the only DPS you need. As soon as her shotgun is full she basically kills a hero each time. Tighten up her shell spread a bit to help compensate for lower clip size.

Dogface - reduce damage by 10% when his silver and bronze are going, OR reduce clip size again to 16. His burst is still pretty insane but his damage outside of it isn’t anything special.

Ifrit - Couple options here. Either make Showtime have a 25-30 second CD and last 10 seconds (so it’s not up half the time), Reduce it’s duration to 5-8 seconds, or make the disorient only have a chance to affect each hero (or make it randomly affect 2 heroes instead of the entire team). If nothing is done to Showtime then his plat needs to be nerfed. 20-30 second revives would be much better than 15 seconds and give you some time to actually kill him before Flatline pops back up. Of course they could just nerf the max number of heroes revived to 2 or 3 as well.

Caine - make his shields have less health, or slightly longer CD. OR, allow some damage to still go through them (say 25%?). Being able to instantly give a hearo with 10% or less hp a 100k shield is rough. It especially sucks when it reduces damage, silences you, and heals once the charges are lost. Maybe make Counter Measure not flinch your hero?

Heimlock - not sure about him. Maybe reduce his hp and the hp he grants to allies? He just got nerfed so I am not entirely sure he needs anymore.

I don’t think Nightingale or Flatline need anything else. Both are extremely squishy. Night had her group skin heal nerfed twice in a row and her single target heal buffed so I think shes in a good place now. She can heal a group for almost a third each what her single target heals for.

Buff

Maven - I think her DPS is decent, but her Vampiric Cloud is terrible for PVP since it’s easily avoided. Maybe make heroes hit by it also disoriented, or slow their movement speed by 80% for 4 seconds so it’s tougher to get out of if you do get hit by it? Also, Maven needs an hp increase. Part of her problem is she dies so damn quick she can barely do any real damage. Add 100k to her health and 500 armor (still significantly less than Panzer has) and she would still be sort of squishy, but last long enough to do some real damage.

Clyde - similar to Maven, his DPS is decent enough, but his hp is garbaged. Give him a big boost in hp and armor so he can actually live long enough to do damage. Also, half his abilities only have a 50% chance to land. That’s leaving a lot up to fate. Half the timehis bronze skill hits for a lot and stuns, the other half it does absolutely nothing. Maybe increase this chance to hit to 80% on his skills and lower the damage by 10-20% to compensate?

Halloway and Hivemind - I like the suggestions for these heroes. Have them both start with a drone/clone up so they can get to their max potential faster, rather than be focused down almost immediately.

Sapphyr - Increase her health and armor… by a LOT. She is so squishy it’s not even funny. Noticing a theme here? Also, increase her damage slightly and make her plat skill have at least a 5%, if not 10% chance to work.

Kunoichi, Odachi, and Heckler - same with Sapphyr, they desperately need a health and armor increase. I don’t find their damage lacking at all, they just die before they can do it.

Gammond - make Last Stand not so terrible. Gammond is rarely the last one alive, and even if he is the bonuses aren’t that great. Maybe give it a 20% chance to go off after each hero death? That might be too good with the current Ifrit/Flatline meta though. At any rate his heal could use a boost to maybe 10k per second and last slightly less to 15 seconds? Kill Shot could use some energy damage on it, say 20-30k or so

Matador - change his heal back to 10 seconds, 3 seconds at 52k per tick is ridiculous. To compensate reduce the amount to 30 or so per tick. Also increase his damage across the board. When 2 of his 4 skills are reliant on damage and getting killing blows, it’s counter productive to have him do such pathetic damage. Either make him a decent damage dealer and keep everything as is, OR rework his gold and platinum skills so they aren’t reliant on damage. His platinum could at least effect the entire team. A tank hero with high hp and armor that doesn’t have a reliable taunt or utility for allies is pretty much worthless.

I think this would give us a nice round roster of 20 or so heroes. Of course there are a number of others who need work, but this would be a good start and some quick, easy fixes.

@Deathleech, What power level are you playing at or your comment valid for? Is this lvl 70 Plat 10 star Heroes 70k+ matches or a different level?

55-65k power level. Anywhere from 7-10* plat. Most around 9*. Not the very top, but pretty close.

1 Like

Aaah Ok, pretty high lvl. As you might seen my post I feel we shouldn’t ruin the few DPS shooters we got, only limit the Heal/revive pain we are going through. But I’m fully for boosting a lot of heroes which are not used today because the are just overall weak.

Maybe we need to speak more about buffing then nerfs right now, I think a new dps update will shake up the whole meta to be honest

Ya I understand that, I just worry if we boost a bunch of hero’s DPS we are going to basically have the same problem we did before the Role Warefare update. That is, every match ending in 20 seconds because everyone is burst down extremely quick.

I feel like slightly reducing the top 2 dps, slightly reducing the healing and revives, and then buffing several DPS would give us a nice middle ground. You could run 3 DPS teams again which would go a long way to counter act all the healing and revives if all three of them hit hard enough.

We just lost another TOP player from the game, JokerAHAHA has not been playing since the last update, half my Aliiance (and we are the top alliance in PvP) are barely not playing anymore because it’s just boring, I play the minimum required to get a top100. Additional reduction on Panzer/Dog or any Damage dealer would probably be the last nail in the coffin for me, sorry to say. I would love to play with 3 DPS heroes in the team if there was a solid chance of winning if you are good.

Keep in mind Panzer and Dog being so high in DPS is just hurting a lot of other DPS. You can’t really run energy heroes as DPS right now because they die so fast to Dog and Panzer. You can’t really run mech or bio DPS either. I play both Panzer and Dog and rely on them a lot, but they are just hurting the game.

Increasing energy hero hp and armor, and reducing Dog and Panzer slightly, would mean we have more energy DPS in the folds and in turn less Flatline/Ifrit going on. I would rather sacrifice the DPS on two heroes slightly (they would still be VERY good, especially with nerfs to heal and support) if it means we gain a dozen more reliable, strong DPS.

We’ll we need a lot of buffs on other hero’s, a nerf on Nightingale, heimlock, panzer or dogface isn’t necessary, they look great on paper, but that’s only because of the ifrit and flatline endless revive wall, try to play those hero’s without them and they aren’t as good as people think they are.

I’m done with the ifrit neef talk, he’s out there so we need to deal with this, but reducing the few good healers we have left, will make use 2 revivers and dps instead, let’s just take healer out of the game completely this way.

We need faster skills recharge on hero’s like cast, they are just useless, and we can start a big list on support hero’s that don’t add any support but a short stun or silence, they don’t deal damage and you’re dead once you start using them at 8*+

And like nailfox said, the normal top 200 players are nowhere to be found (except a few) I used to play around 250±, but right now I’m fighting at 500+/2500- because I stopped caring, with a lot of friends and alliance members.

The current leader board is just a revive wall, some newer players who have silver and gold hero’s, or min maxing players.

I don’t even care anymore sometimes and fight for division one, just 5 matches a day and I’m done.

So let’s speak about buffs instead of nerfs to not destroy the few good hero’s left

1 Like