AW start time

What HHG should potentially consider doing is grouping alliances by their designated region. As it stands now, for example. A 2pm EST start time equates to 3am start time for those in China as an example. It’s clearly unfair for the 3am start time.

1 Like

The only, and I think the ONLY problem with that idea (which I like by the way), is finding an appropriate number of alliances with similar power in the same region of the world to have a varied play pool for your alliance to play against. And I have a funny feeling that if matchmaking were funneled into a “similar time zone filter” on top of everything else it has to do to match up 6 alliances it wouldn’t work out. Just a guess though, i’ll let the developers weigh in on that if they wish.

I think the cause of the issues you guys are describing is the perception that the first round of a war, and the need to blitz, is the single most important thing in a War, and determines outright the flow of the rest of the war.

With that in mind, I’ll bring your feedback to the rest of the team. Thanks.

2 Likes

First day determines the rest of the war majority of the time. I can say that as fact you need early domination to get those shields and form your front line. If you don’t have this you will be eaten alive

Makes surprise attack great again @Darrell_Goodrich

Lol Jk, I do enjoy the more leisurely play with less surprise attack but I felt that overextension from blitzkrieg was more punished in early wars when these thin strands going to the front lines could be cut off immediately and you could also fill in behind front lines cheaply. Then again there was no insta surprise attack and it was early wars where everything was a crap show.

Not sure what the best solution is, think @Muninn hit the concern right on the head. Not sure what other alliance makeup’s are like but our alliance is pretty diverse so having a time zone filter won’t make sense since we have so many time zones. Someone will always get screwed

I mean you could always set up the start of war where everyone has pre arranged territories… but then people will just blitz the pre arranged territories if you can’t make start time, I guess you can always counter blitz.

Maybe it’s because we’re in the era of massive trucing? In the end of the day you still have the same number of bp as anyone else. We’ve been stuck where we got boxed in and despite having all our bp, didn’t want to break out to piss off potential allies.

Shrug

War starts at noon for me which is very inconvenient with my schedule. I don’t think I could handle the stress involved with war lasting 24hrs. I like to count attacks and rest easy knowing who on which team is left to attack and what power. This all being done near reset time is ideal.

I agree with every point you’ve made though. War has affected alliances and patrol crate. A lot of alliances struggling to play as players always jumping ship due to war. Something different should be implemented.

We’ve unfortunately lost interest in war along with over 100 teams in the top tier that don’t even really play competitively. The time of reset being during the week along with the amount of time it takes just isn’t worth our time anymore. War has become the competition of who has the most on at the start how fast you can run to choke points and then you truce the whole board. Not so sure there is even strategy anymore these days rather than just having people with no lives be on at reset. Please find a way to make it interesting again like you found a way to rejuvenate bounty again.

You’re only half right with your guess there, war is a jump to get the most sectors as possible on day 1, the first 3 hours of war are crucial to winning. However there is 100% strategy after that initial phase, at reset or even post reset. Alliances who can’t have everyone online every reset need 1 day when war starts to get a decent start then maybe consider making alliances and friends with the other people who are in your war with you every time, having friends on your map makes it less of an all out free-for-all and that’s a good start to begin doing better. Other than this, there is no solution to when it starts and resets, maybe consider finding a few people who can be on at start and change your roster

1 Like

Id rather have the war reset in rotation everywar or every season
Ex: war 1 @ 3am (thats my time here in asia when war starts/resets)
war 2 @ 3pm
war 3 @ 3am
————OR————
Ex: season 11 @3am (3 wars)
season 12 @3pm (3 wars)
Just 2 be fair with other players that has their resets @ dawn time

AW, just like every other event, is scheduled in such a way that it ends when something else begins. Rotating start times, even if it’s just with AW, means that other events will need to have their start times adjusted, OR, AW will run into other events such as bounty for example.

The bottom line on this issue is simple: no matter what time AW starts, or any other event for that matter, it will be a time when some people are able to be on and some people are not able to be on. There are only two solutions to every start time there is for anything: 1. Be there 2. Find a way to be successful even without being there at the start. In AW, you might be part of your alliance’s “second string” that comes on at some time after start and resets and takes care of attacking or defending needed areas. My alliance has just such a group and it has worked to our advantage on more than one occasion.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.