August Update Notes

Hunters!

The August Update is out now!

App Store: ‎Hero Hunters - 3D Shooter wars on the App Store
Google Play: http://bit.ly/Herohunters

What’s New?

New Hero

Morlocks Ifrit

• A powerful healer, Ifrit leads his Morlocks out of the sewers and empowers them to dominate the competition. He supports his teammates and exposes his enemies using his powerful abilities. Ifrit can revive his fallen comrades and uses the death of his allies to boost himself.

Features

:tshirt: New Hero Skins

• :trophy: Skin Achievements have been added
  • See the list of New Skins in August Update below.

Legendary (1) Rare (2) Common (4)
Trench Salvatore Alchemist Moss Star Marine Baron
Street Samurai Ronin Ultralight Sapphyr
Super Conductor Surge
First Responder Heimlock

Other Notes

:sparkles: New, Shiny App Icon!

:sparkles: Visual Polish

• We have polished several areas in the game with new visuals and updated information.
    • Hero Info
    • Hero Promotion
    • Team Level Up
    • Daily Log-in Screen

:tickets: Quick Win Tickets in PvP Crates

• With the addition of Quick Win for everyone, there is no need for QW tickets in the higher tiered PvP Crates

• Competitor/Champion Crate Quick Win tickets are removed, replaced with a larger variety of Hero Frags
    • Adjustment to amount of XP items being given out (increased for Rookie/Competitor/Challenger, reduced for Champion)
    • Slightly higher chance for Bucks in Champion Crate

:video_camera: Camera Changes

• Reduced Camera bounce from shooting, to create a smoother experience. Changes to Camera shake from explosives.

:shield: Armor and Elemental Armor Changes

• Elemental Armor will now mitigate damage recieved regardless of vulnerability. This change noticably improves the damage reduction provided by Elemental Armor. However, the overall damage reduction provided by Base Armor and Elemental Armor has been adjusted to make weapons feel more consistent.

:crossed_swords: PvP Win & Tie Conditions

• When the match timer expires, victory will be awarded to the team with more surviving Heroes. If both teams have the same number of Heroes remaining the match will end in a Tie.

:crossed_swords: Stagger Reduction

• Staggering a target applies a minor protection period. This prevents a character from being repeatedly staggered multiple times in quick succession.

:moneybag: Store Improvements

• New Confirmation Button for all Special Promotion Offers: Worry not about accidental purchases with our new Confirmation Button!

• :large_orange_diamond: Improved Purchase Button Experience: All purchases made with in-game currencies can be identified with orange colored buttons!

• New Confirmation Button added when purchasing Store Restocks.

• Improved Crate Claim and Purchase Menu: We moved the Free Crate Claim button in the Crate Store Menu to reduce double-tapping and accidental Crate purchases!

• Improved the Free Crate experience and notifications: it’s now easier to identify when a Free Crate is available and claim it! We’ve addressed that gripe where it took too many taps to claim your Free Crate.

• :hugs: Special thanks to our Community of Hunters for your feedback and patience! These improvements and changes wouldn’t be possible without your voices!

:world_map: Hero Location Updates

• Ifrit_Fragment_Raid Ifrit added to Co-op Raids
  • Maven_Fragment Flatline_Fragment Maven & Flatline added to Gauntlet Store

:shield: :crossed_swords: :heavy_plus_sign: ROLE WARFARE: Health and Healing

Click here to expand the list

:heartpulse: Health Rebalance

:arrow_up: Major Health Improvements

Artemis Castellan_a Sentry Fischer Bolt Beck Nightengale_a Heimlock Ghoul Phalanx Razorback Cast Scum Cross Callidus Elite Rifleman

Developer Note: Changes to the calculation of Health has provided various improvements to many Heroes. While every Hero will be affected by the Health rebalance, some Heroes will gain larger benefits than others.

Galante Galante

Significant rebalance to allow Galante to take much more damage in his Frontline role
Improvements to Starting Stats and Growth:

• Improved Defense, Elemental Defense and Elemental Offense Modifiers. Reduced Offense Modifiers.
    Improved Starting Health Stat.

Ronin Ronin

Significant rebalance to make Ronin more of a damage-focused hero

• Improved Offense and Elemental Offense Modifiers. Reduced Defense Modifiers.

Cinder Cinder

Significant rebalance to make Cinder more of a damage-focused hero

• Improved Offense and Elemental Offense Modifiers. Reduced Defense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.
  • Improved Starting Damage Stat.

Keel Keel

Keel will be getting her overall passive Healing utility reduced. Scavenge will be less ubiquitous, but can still provide clutch Healing while not becoming completely unbreakable for the opponent.

Improved Field Repairs:

• Improved Heal Over Time.
  • Improved Cooldown.

Reworked Scavenge:

• Adjusted Heal Over Time, and Heal Duration.
  • Heal Over Time only applies to 1 ally per trigger.
  • Gain stacks of Scavenge if applied multiple times, increasing the Heal Over Time.

Adjustments to Stat Growth:

• Improved Elemental Offense Modifier. Reduced Defense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Francis Francoise

Reworked Invigorate:

• Improved Cooldown.
  • Reduced Heal Over Time.
  • Gain stacks of Invigorate if applied multiple times, increasing the Heal Over Time.

Adjusted Street Brawler:

• Improvements to Stat Growth:
  • Improved Offense and Elemental Offense Modifiers. Reduced Elemental Defense Modifier.

Heimlock Heimlock

Heimlock is being moved into a supportive Healer role, while retaining his Frontline position. He can greatly augment a primary Healer, but his ability to support a team wholly on his own has been reduced.

Reworked Chem Bath:

• Removed Damage Reduction, added Healing Received boost when below the threshold.

Adjusted Sterilize:

• Fixed an issue where Heimlock would not trigger a Self-Heal when an effect was Cleansed.
  • Reduced Self Heal.

Reworked Booster Shot:

• Improved Bonus Health.
  • Added Healing Received boost during duration.

Improvements to Stat Growth:

• Improved Defense Modifier. Reduced Offense and Elemental Defense Modifier.

Nightengale_a Nightingale

Improved Heal Pulse:

• Improved Heal and Heal Over Time.

Improved Stabilize:

Adjusted Combat Medic’s Skin’s Heal Wave:

• Reduced Heal and Heal Over Time.

• Improved Defense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Operator Operator

Improved Restoration:

• Improved Cooldown.
  • Adjusted Heal Over Time.

Adjusted Recuperate:

• Reduced Heal Over TIme.

• Improved Elemental Offense Modifier. Reduced Defense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Moss Moss

Adjusted Transfusion:

• Reduced Heal.

Improved Healing Cloud:

Adjusted Life Tap:

• Reduced Heal.

• Improved Elemental Offense Modifier. Reduced Defense, Elemental Defense and Offense Modifiers.

Beck Beck

• Improved Defense Modifier.
  • Improved Starting Health Stat.
  • Improved Exhumation

Oracle Oracle

Adjusted Coordinated Strike:

• Reduced Heal.
  • Added new ‘reduced cooldown’ Visual Effects while Skill is active.

• Improved Elemental Defense Modifier. Reduced Offense and Elemental Offense Modifiers.

Flatline Flatline

Adjusted Clear:

• Reduced Heal and Revive Heal.

Improved Stay With Me:

• Improved Elemental Offense Modifier. Reduced Defense Modifier.

Butter Butter

Reworked Damage Eater:

• Whenever any allied Shield absorbs Damage, Butter recovers Health, including Shields on himself.

• Improved Defense Modifier. Reduced Elemental Offense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Cast Cast

Improved Sea Mine:

• Improved Elemental Damage.
  • In addition to Silencing the enemy, also reduces enemy Damage dealt for the duration.

Improved Impale:

• Improved Damage.

• Improved Defense Modifier. Reduced Offense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Matador Matador

Matador has been adjusted so that his Team Healing is more susceptible to counter attacks, but is now a faster Heal.

Improved Bull Rush:

• Improved Cooldown.
  • Improved Heal on killing blow.
  • Reduced Elemental Damage.

Reworked Rally Cry:

• Skill is now Channelled.
  • Adjusted Heal Over Time, and Heal Duration.

• Improved Offense and Defense Modifiers. Reduced Elemental Offense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Ghoul Ghoul

Reworked Molotov:

• Enemies affected by the secondary Molotov are also Silenced for the duration.

Improved Volatile Mixture:

• Molotov spread cooldown reduced. Molotov can now spread faster and more easily sustain itself as it jumps between enemies for longer.

Adjusted Tunnel Rat:

Panzer Panzer

Adjusted Breach and Clear:

• Starting skill charge reduced to 85%.
  • Reduced Bonus Elemental Damage.
  • Improved Elemental Damage, to partially offset the reduction of bonus Elemental Damage.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the starting skill charge from working in Gauntlet missions.

Adjusted Assault Breacher:

• Reduced bonus Elemental Attack.

• Improved Defense Modifier. Reduced Offense Modifier.
  • Improved Starting Health Stat.

Scum Scum

Improved Exhumation:

• Improved Heal and Heal Over Time.

Adjusted Breathe Deep:

• Rebalanced Heal Over Time.

Gammond Gammond

Improved Serve and Protect:

• Improved Bonus Health.

Improved Kill Shot:

• Added new ‘reduced cooldown’ Visual Effects when the secondary effect is triggered.

Halo Halo

Adjusted Stronger Together:

Savage_a Savage

Adjusted Defense Fire:

• Reduce Heal.

• Improved Elemental Defense and Offense Modifiers. Reduced Defense Modifiers.

Caine Caine

Adjusted Scrapper:

• Reduced Heal.

• Improved Defense and Offense Modifiers. Reduced Elemental Offense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Castellan_a Castellan

Improved Auto-Repair:

• Improved Elemental Defense Modifier. Reduced Offense and Elemental Offense Modifiers.

Hivemind Hivemind

Adjusted Recycle:

• Reduced Heal.

• Improved Defense Modifier. Reduced Offense, Elemental Offense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Phoenix Phoenix

Improved Inflammable:

• Improved Heal.

• Added New Skill Preview for Matchstick

Bolt Bolt

• Improved Crossbow handling
  • Improved Elemental Defense Modifier. Reduced Offense Modifier.

Steele Steele

Fixed Suppressing Fire:

• Now properly reduces all Damage dealt by the enemy.

• Improved Elemental Defense Modifier. Reduced Offense Modifier.

Pris_a Pris

Fixed Fatal Wounds:

• Now properly reduces all Damage dealt by the enemy.

Adjusted Charmer:

Added New Skill Previews for Beguile and Sapper.

Yanlong Yanlong

Adjusted Dig In:

Sentry Sentry

Improved Cloaking Field:

Heckler Heckler

Adjusted Rally:

Odachi Odachi

Adjusted Blood Pact:

Shinobi Kunoichi

Adjusted Eager Disciple:

Richter Richter

• Improved Defense and Elemental Offense Modifiers. Reduced Offense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Oro Oro

• Improved Defense Modifier. Reduced Offense, Elemental Offense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Phalanx Phalanx

• Improved Defense Modifier. Reduced Offense and Elemental Offense Modifiers.

Razorback Razorback

Baron Baron

• Improved Defense and Elemental Defense Modifiers. Reduced Offense Modifiers.

Salvatore Salvatore

• Reduced Defense, Elemental Defense and Elemental Offense Modifiers.

Mandrake Mandrake

Adjustments to Starting Stats and Growth:

• Improved Offense Modifier. Reduced Defense Modifier.
  • Adjusted Starting Elemental Armor Stat.

Fortress Fortress

• Improved Offense and Elemental Offense Modifiers. Reduced Defense Modifier.

Chesterfield Chesterfield

Mauler Mauler

• Improved Offense Modifier. Reduced Defense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Ryker Ryker

• Improved Offense and Elemental Offense Modifiers. Reduced Defense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

Dogface Dogface

• Improved Elemental Offense and Elemental Defense Modifiers. Reduced Defense Modifier.

Surge Surge

Hardscope Hardscope

• Improved Offense Modifier. Reduced Defense Modifier.

Prophet Prophet

• Reduced Defense and Elemental Defense Modifiers.

5 Likes

With the addition of Quick Win for everyone, there is no need for QW tickets in the higher tiered PvP Crates
Competitor/Champion Crate Quick Win tickets are removed, replaced with a larger variety of Hero Frags
Adjustment to amount of XP items being given out (increased for Rookie/Competitor/Challenger, reduced for Champion)
Slightly higher chance for Bucks in Champion Crate

This alone is a good patch <3

2 Likes

Great update, happy with some balancing it looks to be a great improvement. Thanks again for the updates :slight_smile:

This two-eyed Ryker is called “Jackson” in the patch notes. (Mouse over the icon)
I guess it’s an early version of Ryker. Or a sneak peek at the evil twin? D:

That was his old name, you can go back to old update notes to find when it was changed!

And here I was expecting an evil twin working for Kurtz lol
Thanks for clarifying.

I think the battles in PVP became slow or am I wrong? :neutral_face:

3 Likes

As a victim of the one-tap special offer purchase that can cost up to 1500 gold, I’m glad for the confirmation button addition. =)

Great job guys! Love the return of Maven and the visual improvements. I hope we can get a faction sorter next.

1 Like

RIP Healers. But good update.

Maven & Flatline in the Gauntlet store.
But Dogface… Will he stay?

Those QuickWin Tickets will not be missed!
Thank you for the very detailed and well-organized patch-notes.
Also, loving the new animations when you promote your heroes star/rank!
Looks awesome.
:smiley:

3 Likes

I have no problems using my healers, they are still doing a good job. Heimlock even became super hard to kill with his new HP pool.

So far, loving the update on in all aspects. Great job!

Hi HHG,

First of all, thank you for the updates. I would just have one request in regards to this forum post as this is the main area I come to for balance updates.

As I read through the notes I can see improvements, reworks or decreases in stats, but I’d love to see a point of reference to get a better understanding of how this improvement affects the hero.

Let’s take Hivemind in the notes as an example.

I would love to know to which effect his modifiers have changed. A point of reference could either be:

1. stats before and after based on a 10 star plat max level Hivemind
  2. percentages and visual numbers. I.e. “we dropped Hivemind’s hp by 10 %, before having 300k hp, now 270k at 10 star plat.”

If such notes are visible already somewhere then I apologize in advance. If not, I would welcome a more statistical overview.

6 Likes

Although it is time consuming to play PVP now, I feel like I am really playing now, not just for farming gems. Nice update. Loving it. This also goes for a new hero. He does not guarantee win but nice to have him.

Thx HH for the very detailed patch notes this month loving all the hard work put into the game can’t wait to test all the heros out . Although I can’t agree with all the updates but 1 thing is for sure I won’t be missing those QW tickets lol :wink: Thx again great job HH

Thanks for the awsome update, PvP feels great again, haven’t played my C team or lower, but I liked how panzer isn’t the one shot killer anymore, but still a good hero left unattended.

So far so good!!

Totally agree. More detailed patchnotes would be really appreciated.

A “we dropped Gammond’s heal by 30% but upgraded the health buff by 25%” (made up the numbers) would be better, in my opinion.

But I REALLY appreciate the PvP crates changes. We had a 40% to get tickets/exp, and now is just 6.5%. That, with higher chances to get gold and bucks made this patch worth the wait.

Loving that you have snuck in the ‘confirmation’ button - if nothing else, it should hopefully stop the weekly posts from people asking for it. YAY!

1 Like

Yeah I really love the update so far, everything feels better, menu, crates, PvP etc

Great job hh

It’s Seeley Booth from the TV show Bones.