August 2021 Update Notes - The Astral Update

The Astral Update is COMING SOON!

App Store: http://bit.ly/HeroHuntersiOS
Google Play: http://bit.ly/Herohunters

:sparkles: What’s New? :sparkles:

:sun_with_face: BRAND NEW ELEMENTS: ASTRAL and VOID :new_moon_with_face:

Icon_ElementAstral Icon_ElementVoid

With our 5.0 update, we’re introducing two BRAND NEW Hero Elements: Astral and Void! These Heroes will have immense power and skills, adding variety to matchups and game modes.

How It Works

Astral and Void Heroes will have an elemental damage advantage against Heroes with the opposite element, but will be weak to Heroes with the same element as themselves.

NOTE: Universal Fragments will only apply to the three original Elements (Energy, Mechanical, and Biochem), and cannot be applied to Astral or Void Heroes.

:angel: New ASTRAL Hero: Luciana! :angel:

Luciana, the “Avenging Hunter”, joins the Hunt! Our newest Astral Hero is capable of Hasting her allies and enhancing their abilities, aiding her in her quest for vengeance.

Check out her skills here: https://buff.ly/3yttwmL

Luciana will be available through Co-op raids, her own feature and step up crates, as well as the Most Wanted Crate!

:exclamation: NOTE: Luciana will be available in the Most Wanted Crate as a 5 Star Hero, as well as through Hero Fragments. Drop Probability will be split between these two options.

As Universal Frags don’t apply to Astral or Void Heroes, this is a great way to get her leveled up!

:scorpion: New Hero: Sand Ruby :scorpion:

Sand Ruby, the “Nimble Disruptor”, joins the Hunt! A flashy, agile guerrilla tactician, Sand Ruby specializes in risky cheap shots that deal high damage.

Check out her skills here: https://buff.ly/3lA5S4A

:sunny: Saviour: Luciana Skin Event :sunny:

Take on the Saviour Co-Op Raid Event to earn Archangel Tokens, which will give you a chance to win exclusive Skins like Luciana’s Archangel Rare Plus Skin, or MK. 2’s new MYTHIC skin, Fiery Shark!

• Level 35+ = 50x Archangel Tokens
  • Level 45+ = 100x Archangel Tokens
  • Level 55+ = 125x Archangel Tokens
  • Level 70+ = 150x Archangel Tokens
  • Level 85+ = 175x Archangel Tokens
  • Level 90+ = 200x Archangel Tokens

Use your Archangel Tokens to open Archangel Crates, which cost 200 Tokens. Archangel Tokens and the Archangel Crate will expire August 26th at 12 PM PST, so make sure to use them before then!

:toolbox: Crate Contents :toolbox:

• Revenant will be added to the Hero Crate
  • Barricade will be added to the Forged Fantasy Crate
  • As previously stated, Luciana will be available in the Most Wanted Crate as a 5 Star Hero, and through Hero Fragments. Drop Probability will be split between these two options.

:tshirt: Skin Updates :tshirt:

• Jackal’s Timberwolf Common Skin is now a Common Plus Skin
  • Marianas’ Reef Common Skin is now a Common Plus Skin
  • Phalanx’s Crimson Common Skin is now a Common Plus Skin
  • Striker’s KLG Common Skin is now a Common Plus Skin
  • Pris’ Noir Rare Skin is now a Rare Plus Skin
  • Cast’s Sea Scavenger Rare Skin is now a Rare Plus Skin

:twisted_rightwards_arrows: Hero Changes :twisted_rightwards_arrows:

carabina Carabina

• Markerlight marked target damage increased
  • Fusillade Damage increased
  • Surveyor Damage increased

Ghoul Ghoul

• Improvised Bomb Damage increased
  • Tunnel Rat Healing increased

MK 2 MK 2

• Rocket Punch Damage increased
  • Defense Mod increased
7 Likes

New elements and heroes looks good, and excited for her skin. Though, I do have some concerns. This looks like it will be the second update in a row without a Urgent Mission. What happened to those? Also, while the MK2 skin looks cool, it really feels like a copy of Galante’s he got last month. Aside from that, very interested in what this new update has to offer.

6 Likes

Astral skin be all like

I can’t wait to see who the Void hero is.
Wish I had MW tokens but i got Hero Tokens. So I’m hopeful there. Kinda.

2 Likes

How will we have astral fragments and voids or where will they be bought?

1 Like

Other than crates, her co op missions and I’d imagine these exclusively.

…for now.

1 Like

Second update with no nerfs and only buffs? AM I HALLUCINATING!?!

2 Likes

Fragments may be available in a future update, but not right away.

2 Likes

That’s going to suck for war then, isn’t she going to be the war bonus hero for next month?

JADO
I actually thought that was Galant, I had to go back and double check then noticed it wasn’t haha.

2 Likes

Looks awesome. Not i finally don’t have to use pris her bunny skin for the buffs. Yet it’s still no buff😔
And the mythic skin looks awesome! Can’t wait to get the maximum out of mk2. This update seems to bring some revival to some underused heroes. Great to see that!
I see where the carabina buff comes from. Since she is now overshadowed by verill. So this makes her shine more into her damage boosting role. Lovely!!

Now now
Why fiery Galante is rare but fiery Mk2 is myth?
what is this discrimination

3 Likes

They want our heronium haha

MK2 skin. YES. Now I just need to actually unlock him. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Dear Carabina,

I apologize for only using you during your bounty bonus but now I have a favor to ask. May I get the privilege of using you again?

Your former but now not former fan,
Arpinicl

Hi! Super cool update… I hope to see the gilded festival soon :slight_smile: Curious… I know universal frags will not work with the new elements what about gear? Specifically the canisters which are currently elemental? Thank you :grinning:

Just updated. Why have Ruby Heavy Batteries disappeared from extreme levels? It says “currently unavailable”. Please tell me this is a bug.

They’re still there! Just not showing up on the Hero screen. The team is looking into it!

2 Likes

When will Gorgons get updated to reflect the new cannisters < ruby, astral, etc… > that we all need to upgrade?

Some of these game modes hasn’t been touched or updated in years.

4 Likes

Verrill’s bronze skill is like gold skill.Total injustice for ppl who donot pay for heroes

You know you could get him from co op raids right? You could also kill him first with a mech hero…

i’ll tell ya a secret
headshots cause more damage, but don’t tell anybody.
if this get spread out, devs will surely fix it

3 Likes