April 2020 Update Notes - The Marlowe Update

The Marlowe Update is COMING SOON!

App Store: http://bit.ly/HeroHuntersiOS
Google Play: http://bit.ly/Herohunters

April 2020 Events Calendar: https://bit.ly/34k2xvT

What’s New?

:cowboy_hat_face: New Hero: Marlowe :cowboy_hat_face:

Marlowe, the Western Wrangler, is a Mid-Line manipulator who can Slow, Root, and Stun her opponents with a high-tech lasso and exoskeletal slams. Add her to your stables if you need a rootin’ shootin’ battlefield controller!

Check out her skills here: https://bit.ly/2RbnHqx

:bug: New Hero: Pariah :bug:

Pariah, the “Creepy Outsider,” is… weird. She’s a Frontline fighter. She can cocoon herself to heal. She can play with the enemy’s mind, turning their Healing into Damage. She can turn invisible. When used properly, her oddity adds a unique flair to any team!

Check out her skills here: https://bit.ly/2JERu6V

:horse: Marlowe Skin Event: Y33T :horse:

Take on the Y33T Event to earn Tokens, which will give you a chance to win the exclusive Calamity Rare Skin for Marlowe!

Complete Helios Rises and collect Y33T Tokens:

• Level 35+ = 50 Y33T Tokens
  • Level 45+ = 100 Y33T Tokens
  • Level 55+ = 125 Y33T Tokens
  • Level 70+ = 150 Y33T Tokens
  • Level 85+ = 175 Y33T Tokens
  • Level 90+ = 200 Y33T Tokens

Use your Y33T Tokens to open Y33T Crates, which cost 200 tokens. Y33T Tokens and the Y33T Crate will expire May 4th at 12 PM PST, so make sure to use them before then!

The Y33T Crate continues the tradition of having great prizes, including Marlowe’s exclusive Skin Calamity and Gilded Tokens!

NOTE: You’ll need to have a Team Level of 40 to unlock the Skins function and equip your Calamity Skin if you win it. If you win the Skin from Team Level 35-39, you’ll still own it, but you won’t be able to equip it until Team Level 40.

Y33T Skin Event starts April 27th, 2020 at 12 PM PST and runs until May 4th, 2020 at 12 PM PST

:mexico: Cinco de Mayo Razordome Event :mexico:

The Razordome is back! Take on waves of enemies and earn El Demonio Tokens to open El Demonio crates for a chance to win a rare skin for Ghoul, El Demonio Azul Jr.!

The Razordome will be taking place from May 1st, 2020, 12 PM PST to May 8th, 2020, 12 PM PST.

:exclamation: Other Updates :exclamation:

• Extreme Mode District 3 is now available!

:muscle: Hero Crate Contents

• Irezumi will be available in the Hero Crate!

:warning: Hard Mode Fragment Updates

• No changes this update!

:twisted_rightwards_arrows: Hero Changes :twisted_rightwards_arrows:

Butter Caine Ghoul Heimlock Maven Scum

Click here for details!

Butter Butter

Everything’s better with Butter, but we also need to watch our cholesterol.

• Defender Shield has been reduced by 5% and now lasts 20 seconds.

Caine Caine

Caine needs a bit of tinkering.

• Scrapper heal reduced by 10%

Ghoul Ghoul

Ghoul is our Buff Focus for this update!

• Volatile Mix’s chance to spread increased from 10% to 20%
  • Improvised Bomb now detonates instantly
  • Molotov now affects a larger area, lasts 20 seconds instead of 16 and silences for 15 seconds instead of 12.

Heimlock Heimlock

Heimlock is getting a slight adjustment.

• Booster shot’s healing received reduced from 25% to 20%

Maven Maven

Maven’s alchemy just got a bit more toxic.

• Neurotoxin’s Elemental Attack damage increased by 20%
  • Miasma increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds

Scum Scum

Exterminate the vermin!

• Exterminate’s poison cloud chance increased from 25% to 30%
  • Exterminate’s poison clouds now last 20 seconds instead of 18 seconds.
12 Likes

Love it, I absolutely love the new upcoming heroes they look really amazing and the new events to, really interested in the new hero changes to, great work :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I don’t know what to say about that skin for ghoul, but I appreciate the scum buff.

1 Like

Why no hard campaign frag changes? :frowning:

I’m excited for the Razordome! Looks like a cool skin. But the one thing I don’t get, is why is the skin called Y33T? Is this a new trend and I missed the memo?

4 Likes

Skins named calamity, the event is named yeet.

4 Likes

I’m so happy about the Mavin buff too!

1 Like

Looking good, as always.

I don’t know why it’s called Y33T (to rhyme with L33T?) but I think it’s hilarious, and I’ve been thinking of other words that rhyme. I’m especially excited to get Pariah and have the enemy’s Keel, Duran, etc. backfire HARD :smiling_imp:

I’m pleasantly surprised there aren’t any Hard Mode Campaign fragment changes. It usually ends up worse for me when they do change lol. At least I get a lot of Heronium from Hero Crates.

Butter nerf seems good, he can be a pain. Maven will definitely be more dangerous. The rest seems good, too. I like the changes to Ghoul, especially by having his bomb explode on impact.

3 Likes

Yeet the calamity, lol.

I’m pumped for this update! The skins look great!

Excited for this update! Woooo! Good job HH. Loving the buffs on the heroes you chose for this month.

2 Likes

I think it looks amazing

And especially the new hero :wink:

1 Like

I love it you took the chance for y33t!

1 Like

Extreme mode district 3. Guess I need catch up and finish district lol

1 Like

Looking forward to the new heroes… Ghoul may be a little more fun to play as… I’m not a fan of most the healing and shielding changes tho to other heroes.

3 Likes

Ya, I am not sure they were warranted. I don’t see Heimlock or Butter really used a ton, and both are getting nerfs. Kobold seems to be used more than Butters, especially with all the strong mech DPS. Caine got buffed a few months ago… only to get two rounds of nerfs the following months.

These three heroes all seemed like they were in a pretty good place and not in need of a nerf. If anything I would have guessed Flatline, Phalanx, or Keel would have got nerfed before them. Kurtz definitely needs a nerf and he has gone untouched. Stack a couple healers/revivers and Mandrake around him and roll until your execute pops then auto win.

I can 100% tell you from the data that these are 2 of the most used heroes in the game for player over level 30. All hero changes are influenced by data, player feedback, and general gameplay.

Do you look at just the top level as well, like 90+? I know from playing alts that anything lower is pretty much a crap shoot. I play a Kuno team and win a TON of matches with her at around 60k team power because most of those players are newer and don’t fully understand hero strengths/weaknesses and meta team builds. Kuno isn’t great at top tier but does great at this bracket.

Also, just looking at the mythic leaderboards for the current PVP tournament I see in the top 50 teams Heimlock is only on a few teams, Butters on none, and 4-Cep and Kurtz are on almost every single team. Granted the modifies this time do not play very well to Heimlock or Butters, and I know this is only a team snapshot, but still. It seems to mirror my own experience in the top brackets and facing other teams. I see 4-Cep and Kurtz at least 2-3x as much as I do Heimlock and 5x+ what I see Butters. Butters just gets destroyed by Shiv, Panzer, and 4-Cep.

Oh yeah we look at all groups.

2 Likes

Has ronin got the nerf too? His riposte takes turtle speed to be up now.

1 Like