What is Heronium?
With the launch of the JULY Update, we’re excited to unveil Heronium, the newest resource you can earn in Hero Hunters!
- Where can I earn Heronium? Once you Evolve a Hero to a 10-Star rating, any Hero Fragments you earn for that Hero will be converted into Heronium Gems. Spend your Heronium Gems in the Heronium Store on upgrades that best fit your needs.
- What can I purchase with Heronium? Heronium can be used in the new Heronium Store, where you can purchase Elemental Fragments, Hero Fragments, and Skin Tokens for unlocking unique customization options for your Heroes!
Why the addition?
We want to give players more value for putting in the hard work to 10-star a Hero. However, we’ve also starting to see a troubling problem for long-term game balance. Elemental Fragments earned from fragments of 10-star Heroes are creating an “uncatchable ceiling” for newer players.
- Currently, earning Elemental Fragments from having a 10-star Hero allows your next Hero to be evolved to 10-stars quicker than the last one.
- This effect scales with every additional 10-star Hero of the same element.
- This creates a runaway effect where every additional 10-star decreases the time needed to get the next 10-star.
- Players who are just now earning their first 10-star Hero are competing with veterans who can get heroes to 10-stars at exponentially quicker rates and who will continue to outpace the newer players potentially forever.
Promoting balance and fair play.
We landed on a solution that we feel addresses this “uncatchable ceiling” problem while increasing the value of having a 10-star Hero for all players.
- The Heronium Store is adding in daily purchase limits, just like the Alliance store.
- This means that there is a cap to the number of Elemental Fragments you can earn per day through 10-star Heroes. This cap is the same across all players.
- Having this cap in place now means that incoming players will eventually be able to get Heroes to 10-stars at the same rate as veteran players.
- However, the Heronium Store allows you to purchase more than just Elemental Fragments, so veteran players will still be able to get more value out of their additional 10-star Heroes!
Hopefully, this has helped explain our reasoning behind the change. We’re not aiming to de-value having a 10-star Hero. Quite the opposite! We want to empower you guys to focus on the parts of the game that matter to you, but we also need to ensure that this game is fair for as many people as possible if we want Hero Hunters to have a bright and long future.
Note that skins are not exclusive to this store. Having 10-star heroes will allow you earn skins
quicker, but there are plenty of other ways to earn them.
TLDR: Before the introduction of Heronium the more 10-Star Heroes you obtained, the easier it was for you to obtain more. We made this change because we want all players on even footing in regards to 10-Star Heroes.
Thanks so much for your continued support!