A Word on Exploits

@k1r4ct
@Lucas_Chvlr
@Drique
@Christian

Face it, you guys used an exploit which is against their terms and conditions… You accepted the terms and conditions before playing the game. Any money you’ve spent on the game is not subjected to any refund, since you defied the rules you agreed to. This is your own fault.

2 Likes

It is called EXPLIOTING the system not hack or cheat, but it is in the legal agreement NOT to exploit so you will find it hard to go after HHG for enforcing the agreement you said yes to when you downloaded the game.

2 Likes

It’s good that you are doing something against cheaters. But why they can’t get answer about the reason? I’m playing 14 years online games and I see first time that bans are given without explanation. I’m saying that because 8 players in my alliance were banned. It’s ok, 7 of them used a little energy/gold bug, they got benefits and payed for that. But the player called Teamplay tried this bug after it was fixed (just because it was interesting to look how it works) and he couldn’t get anything, as I said it was already fixed. I see his account and I don’t see any bugs used, usual vip10 player. Why he couldn’t even get any answer about the reason? Totally unfair and this way of giving bans won’t be good for the reputation of this good game.
Added: Thanks for new investigation, really love your team) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Exploiting is a form a cheating.

1 Like

I have not used this or any other exploit and have not been banned.

With that said, based on my (relatively) objective opinion, I think perma-ban is WAAAY too harsh for this type of offense. As others have pointed out, there were no bots, hacks or external programs involved. Heck, someone could even do this inadvertently if they happen to travel by plane to a remote destination in a different time zone. I think something like a 3 day to one week suspension is far more appropriate.

Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

It’s a tough punishment to be dealt out, and no matter what they do the people who exploited are going to complain about the repercussions. The problem with this situation was that is was discussed in game between many people. It was not like it was a secret only a few people knew about, I saw it discussed within the global chat on multiple occasions. The thing is, the majority of people who were using this exploit would have continued to use it if they were never caught. Hothead wants to stop this early and send a message, because this game is relatively new to the global market and situations like this just effect the negative side of the game.

A long with the money aspect, if you are willing to pay money to a game and then try to modify your gameplay in order to get an edge over other players, you assume the risk of something along these lines happening to your account. This especially applys to people who tried this exploit out “just for trying it out.” As a player you know that’s not how the game is suppose to work, and you are going out of your way to try and learn how to do it. Big difference then if it just randomly happened to you.

The best thing to do when this happens is just to report it, let them know that this bug/exploit occurred for you and that you were not intending for it to happen. Most of the time, devs of the game will get back in touch with you to fix the situation and you may be thanked/rewarded for your efforts.

4 Likes

Im sorry but when people say no external softwar wer used to exploit/hack/glitch isnt the clock on your phone a software? I get it you didnt “install” the clock with the intent of mal-using it, but isnt that the same as if you externally use? Just for my own S.A.

Thanks

We did not close an account which may have accidentally benefited from an exploit.

2 Likes

I’m not claiming that you did - there’s no way I could know anyway as I don’t have access to any of that information. I only bring up the point about “accidentally” using this exploit to underscore the severity of the offense, or lack thereof.

Compared to the exploits and hacks that I’ve seen plague other games, this is, in my humble opinion, quite mild. It’s so mild someone could even do it by accident.

So my point is not that HHG shouldn’t rush to judgement about whether these people exploited or not. I’m sure the majority of them knowingly exploited, I fully acknowledge that. My point is, the severity of this offense does not warrant permanent banning from the game, not even close.

Human beings, I’d even go so far as to say ALL human beings, are prone to take advantage of things that they think will give them an advantage in all aspects of life. What separates the cheaters from the non-cheaters? some of it is natural tendency towards risk-prone vs. risk-averse behavior, some of it is fear of punishment, some of it is even a “moral code.” But if the perceived offense is mild enough, almost anyone will be tempted to take advantage of it. For example, not fully stopping at a stop-sign in the middle of nowhere. Or claiming a dinner as a business expense in your tax returns that maybe wasn’t 100% business-related. Should people be put in jail for these offenses?

@Skoram Okay, using your example… let’s say someone wants to loan a car from someone else, and the owner of the car says they will loan it to them ONLY if they agree to certain terms and conditions, which include: fully stopping at all stop signs, never going over the speed limit, and always wearing a seatbelt, and the person accepts and agrees to these terms by signing a contract… now, let’s say the person only stops at most stop signs, sometimes barely goes over the speed limit, but always wears a seatbelt.

Now, the owner of the car has every right to take the car away from who they loaned it to, not because of the extent of their wrongdoings, but because they broke their agreement to the terms and conditions in the first place.

Some would argue, “awww he just went over the speed limit by a couple miles per hour… don’t take the car away, give him another chance…”

Some would argue, “he disobeyed your rules even after he explicitly agreed to them, take the car away…”

In the end, however, the owner of the car always has the final say… it is their car, and they are the ones to decide who they want to drive it.

3 Likes

Did the top carries in your alliance got banned?
Someone you know got perma banned?
There is no way a neutral party will go so far to defend exploiters.
The devs ban cheaters from the game.
It makes the game more balanced.
A neutral party will be happy.
You are being overly defensive as if it is affecting you in a negative way.

2 Likes

Yes. every difference set of circumstances can have different consequences and penalties so there is no perfect analogy. No one is disputing HHGs legal “right” to dispense the “maximum” punishment to those who do not adhere to their ToS. In fact, congress has the legal right to pass laws that prescribe the death penalty to those who are caught exceeding the speed limit … that does not make it an appropriate punishment.

Determining what is “appropriate” is admittedly subjective and very tricky, which is why precedents are so useful both in criminal sentencing and even online game punishments.

In my opinion, based on precedents from other online games, this punishment seems quite harsh for the level of offense. that is all.

no they didn’t. and “there is no way a neutral party will go so far to defend exploiters” is a patently false blanket statement.

I am naturally outspoken when it comes to what I believe are “unfair” actions. I believe I have a pretty good argument that this punishment is unfair. I also think it’s not appropriate to put people who were caught smoking weed, even 3 times (ala three strike rules) in jail for a decade.

Don’t get me wrong. I am NOT defending the exploiters and I believe they SHOULD be punished.

Okok. Since you think the appropriate punishment should be

i am sure everyone is willing to use the exploit to get hard mode heroes to 9-10 stars and be back in 3 days to one week. Cause why not. Its totally worth it as not only do exploiters get the hero shards and stamina, they also get the gold from daily missions.

PS : Either you do not understand why they are perma-banned or you are very self-deluded .

This proved the devs do not banned people who used it once or twice “accidentally” but rather people who abused it.
If there do not call for a perma ban i do not know what will.

1 Like

I think exploiters accounts should be reset to the day prior to using the exploit XD there everyone is happy they keep playing and they didnt get anything out of it

But this way they can start right from the beginning! :slight_smile:

I’ve not insulted anyone or used ad hominem attacks in any of my posts here. I’ve simply stated what I have repeatedly admitted is my own opinion using examples and rationale. Unfortunately can’t say the same for you. That speaks volumes enough for me. Cheers.

Look I was banned and it’s ok. I got my edge in the game by spending $495 not from any exploits. I was VIP 11 and played everyday constantly I surpassed a lot of players because I spent the money to do it not because of any exploit. I agree I shouldn’t have did it when someone told me about it but to be permanently banned with nothing as a warning or a lesser punishment is a little extreme. I except the punishment because I really have no choice to. But I think you should take into account how much someone plays and how much money they invested. Not to mention how envovled they was with surveys and giving advice and feedback. Again I’m not complaining I just think a permanent ban is extreme.

Thank you

Like I’ve said before, I think the real issue was the fact that you really couldn’t do this glitch accidently. No one just goes into their date and time setting to change it on a daily basis. People actively went and did it when they heard it could give them a benefit, and they did it a bunch of times. You have to be really unaware if you think chaging something outside the game to benifit you was intended to happen.

Also, on your point about being tempted to do something you are not, these devs are active in game and socialize with the player base, they see these conversations taking place in the VIP chat and do you expect them to do nothing? That’s a lot different then stopping at a sign in the middle of no where, it’s more like running a red light with a cop nearby. Even if you didn’t see them there, they may have seen you, and you have to bear the consequences of what you did. Hothead has a certain obligation to give you rules to follow for the game, example being the TOS, but the player also has to be responsible to follow these rules and to have common sense to not try and exploit or this exact situation happens.

I agree with many of you guys on the severity, but this exploit became a real problem and no matter what punishment they would give out there there would be backlash for it.

3 Likes

i mentioned either you do not understand why they are perma banned and went on to explained why there is a need to perma ban them. That mades up most of my post.

Unfortunately you are the one who is using a ad hominem attack on me.

Ad Homineim : whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

If it makes you happy then yea. i agree that they should only be banned for 3 days and come back afterwards to dominate the events to come and break the game. Cheers !:grinning:

1 Like