A suggestion regarding updates and iOS v. Android

I’m not an expert on this sort of thing, but someone in VIP chat said this and I thought I should pass it on.

Since Apple takes extra security measures and whatnot for app updates, have you considered compensating for that time by letting them review it 2-3 days before you actually release your updates? This way, everyone could have the update at the same time.

Frankly it’s disappointing that a season Dev would not have foreseen this issue happening. The party coordinating would have known and all could have been timed for release on both platforms at the same time. End of day it’s about putting heart into the matter or just performing the task.

Those are definitely things we do. Unfortunately, this one was out of our hands, even despite the bevy of measures we have in place to prevent this sort of thing from happening. If we could have foreseen it, we would have pivoted as best we could. We think that what you’re seeing now is a best case scenario, given the circumstances. Trust me on that one.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.