5* new hero requiring 165 frags in 6 days before bounty

With the bs of Apple taking away games on tapjoy it was the only way I could get free gold

1 Like

The only way I see them fixing this is simply fixing the 5 stars to 3. Easy. No need to tweak the 8 limit cap that has longer term ramifications. Just fix the easier short-term one. That’s what they have been doing for most problems so far so I don’t see why it should be an issue this time. Unless of course, some profit projections have changed.

1 Like

I see absolutely no benefit in having Shivs as a 5*, apart from it being a squeeze on players to spend more money to get her. In reality, she will not available for either bounty, except to the uber buyer. Not to mention the cash grab / RNG stupidity that skins have become. Disappointed to see this from HHG, and will not be investing any resources (time or money) in getting Shivs. :unamused:

6 Likes

Agree on the skins, turns out we were collecting all those skin tokens for nothing

3 Likes

What really sucks about this is, I love this game. I play most of my free time. Situations like this make me feel like we are being pushed into a corner and we are to accept it or move on. . I’ve invested Time, Money, Heart into this company and it seems more frequent I’m feeling this way.

5 Likes

This is not cool but they did say more information to come before the end of the month. I’ll hold judgment until then.

From my view of her, she seems underwhelming. Her potential by unlocking Shank? C’mon, nobody got Shank at least Gold 2, some not even bothered by the fact Shank’s existence. Also, 5*? At least bring the booster pack. I been saving them for months just for them to come back.

Also, what I am about to say is going to criticize heavily on Shivs, so devs, bear with me.

1, Really? SHIVS? She wields a shiv, amazing. But c’mon, she ain’t gonna name herself “Shivs” just because she wields a shiv. Same goes to Shank. The two were disappointing in the lack of quality in the creativity in their characteristics.

1. The abilities vary from “it’s not good” to “hell yea this is my thing”. Im going to talk through my view. Abilities, not good. Her potential is there, but then again, not worth the effort in getting the passives that relate to killing, something that rarely happens with Shank. Her damage over time is like a Scuttler trying to damage Kayn or Blitzcrank trying to solo Baron Nashor when lvl 6.

2. If you guys don’t have enough time to finish a character, please, take that time to fix major bugs, reworks, new districts, anything that can keep us engaged. It’s getting to become chore work, not entertaining. Take your time, 2-3 months work for me and/or others. If not, it’s about time that a hero concept here get taken and be inspected for future possibilities. We did the groundwork, now just complete it.

Simply: please, we are waiting for a game-changing update. Something new could spice things up, you know? Rome was never finished in a month.

2 Likes

Agreed. Shanks and Shiv are the most bland designs here by far. I know Ryker, Dog and Hard are just guys in normal army fatigue but seeing people in normal slacks like Shivs and Shanks is quite underwhelming. Shivs does seem to have potential especially when paired with Halo and other late game heroes like Castellan to stack the damage big. But have to see if it is fast enough to be relevant in the meta. I seriously doubt they can boost the damage much without being OP. Just like how Cross and Surge’s endless heals barely help anything but making it bigger would be too OP for non healers.

To be clear: she’s 5*, and won’t be lowered to 3*, and won’t have her frags to unlock lowered, or any other suggested workaround to the fact that Shivs is a 5* unlock and will remain that way. I just want to make sure you guys aren’t holding out hope for a sudden update that will grant those wishes.

If you have any additional feedback not already covered here, feel free to comment!

So basically you are saying “pay for her or you won’t have her for the entire month of bounties and wars” good to know.

7 Likes

That’s how I’m reading it too. Pay to play.

4 Likes

So, this game is now purely pay to win! Thank HH you just took all the fun out of playing. There is no skill in that.

1 Like

Whoa, wow wow, this is really really bad news for the playerbase.

4 Likes

Well they have spoken people. Speak with your actions if you find this intolerable because talk is cheap. Either quit or stop spending like you said you would or they wont take you seriously.

3 Likes

It’s nice to know the respect you have for your customers both those who bank you when buying packages and those who play for pleasure but can’t afford to pay for in-app purchases.

2 Likes

I just say one thing congratulations for destroying such a good game … I stopped here and if those who come this message is smart do not make any more money purchases in the game … you are kicking in the face of those who put money in your pocket with every countdown pack to see the castle crumble …

4 Likes

It’s not that she’s a 5 star. Or that there is a 8 frag limit, that’s the problem. It’s the method of getting the hero. I’m excited for a new 5 star and they should be harder to get like Phalanx or Hiemlock. And the daily limit on coop frags has a good reason.

The problems are that,

City hall coop (for example since it’s up next) has a range of frags that can be earned. So only level 90’s doing a trade, getting minimum on that range, will achieve the daily limit. Anyone under level 90 will have to pay gold to reset every day. Unless you carry others. If there wasn’t a limit this would be abused. But people not abusing it shouldn’t be forced to pay. Make the coop trade limit the same on every level. You can get 4 frags on auto match and reset and do it again. Or find a trade partner and do it for the day limit.

And the other issue,

Paying 300+300+1500 gold for these new tiered crates, with only a small % chance of the new hero is an unfair pay to play model. If you are going to charge more for the new heroes at least guarantee the hero.

Paying $50 for a 3* hero like before was fair for those that choose to pay, and let the others get the hero thru coops at a longer time.

I’ve never played a coop for a five star hero that I can remember so it seems to me like this is a hero I won’t have for this months this boosted faction until the last war?

I think the best solution here to boost morale and keep the competitive fun alive is just offer a booster crate for Shivs to go along with coop participation.

I am not sure they realize that they destroyed one part of the game it was the same since the beginning. 3* in the coop that could be unlocked during or before bounty. This will have serious consequences on the bounty unless they decrease drop rate of shivs required bounties. Most alliances will only have few people that got her.
Btw thanks to dev that deleted my comment from this post last night cause i said they are getting greedy. Thats not only my opinion, but yeah i see thats the way you treat people who have been here since day 1. Forum should be a place where you can read some things you dont like so you can fix it, censoring people that are telling the truth will just make it worse. Dont forget one thing, you are here for us not the other way around.

3 Likes

exactly not everyone has money to spend as if they had left

1 Like

Ofc. Similar thing is happening for months now, without constant spending of RL cash you cant do it all the time :slight_smile: