4 - CEP Did you forgot about him?

I feel like there were a lot of ways to address this thread, since I think there are some real, legitimate gripes here, but the popcorn gif is not what I was expecting.

I addressed it a few times, if you read up in the replies.

One of the problems is that we provide an unprecedented level of transparency with our game, and this leads some of our community to feel that they should get the exact response they want to any question they have. You want me to say “you’re exactly right; 4-CEP is too strong, and your exact solutions will be implemented immediately.” I can’t do that.

I don’t really have much more I can offer other than what I already have, and being told that we’re just giving you a “spiel” makes us less likely to weigh in on these kinds of conversations. Nothing we say will fix what you feel is broken, so there’s not much else to do except grab a popcorn and enjoy the replies until they escalate to the point of breaking forum rules!

Don’t forget about this, too: IMPORTANT: Read before submitting feedback

Eh, unprecedented level of transparency is…a bit strong. You guys give reasons for your actions and interact with the community, but let’s not pretend you guys are out here pulling back the curtain and showing us the inner workings of the game. I mean, there isn’t even a wiki that shows how each character’s stats change as they progress through different levels, stars and bars. That seems like a pretty fundamental piece of information to make available, especially when there are like a hundred heroes. And information about win rates in different levels of play isn’t an unprecedented level of access - I play another game where the devs push that out at the end of each season and I think it’s resulted in some really good balance adjustments.

It would be lovely if you guys would show us the data that proves 4-CEP isn’t OP, but we can qualitatively compare him to other characters based on his stats and overall package, and we can look at how many good players use him vs. how many don’t, and I think we can come to our conclusions. Just like we came to those same conclusions about Ronin oh…months and months before he was seriously nerfed.

Your feedback has been noted re: timing of Hero adjustments. You’ve posted several times about it in this topic. The dev team is more than aware of the general qualitative sentiment from players that 4-CEP is too strong, and I will continue to pass along relevant feedback regarding that to the rest of the team. There isn’t much more I can offer you right now. I’m sorry you feel we don’t do a good enough job. That actually hurts.

1 Like